Thai government to procure two million Favipiravir anti-viral tablets

webfact

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I have started taking Invermectin, which could help in not getting Covid. 

Why do you believe that?

From the manufacturer of Ivermectin:

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

Whe WHO, the FDA, the NIH, the EMA have all recently stated that there is no good evidence for the use of Ivermectin.

A summary from Reuters:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-ivermectin-idUSKBN2BN2HH

There might be in the future when they do some robust trials, but not yet.

Anyone taking Ivermectin is just guessing

There was a lot of excitement about this drug early on in the pandemic but not now. It is strange that the government is allowed to spend taxpayers money on this "snake oil" treatment for COVID, whereas it said it couldn't invest money on production of Astra Zeneca, which it had to leave to the private sector, because it wasn't proven effective by the Thai FDA at that time.  This treatment will never be proved effective for COVID but the loophole is obviously that it is proved effective for certain types of flu.

Wikipedia sums it up well.  "There is limited evidence suggesting that, compared to other antiviral drugs, favipiravir might improve outcomes for people with COVID-19, but more rigorous studies are needed before any conclusions can be drawn.[21]

As of April 2021 several clinical trials of favipiravir as a treatment for COVID-19 had been carried out or were underway, including one as part of a large UK scheme named "PRINCIPLE".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I thought it has long been established that this drug isn't very effective.

Desperate to be seen doing something?

You are right but there is also money to be made from this sort of procurement.  They order from the Chinese licensee, not the Japanese owner, and can order from a middle man or pay ".commissions"

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, danferguson said:

Why do you believe that?

From the manufacturer of Ivermectin:

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

Whe WHO, the FDA, the NIH, the EMA have all recently stated that there is no good evidence for the use of Ivermectin.

A summary from Reuters:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-ivermectin-idUSKBN2BN2HH

There might be in the future when they do some robust trials, but not yet.

Anyone taking Ivermectin is just guessing

There's a good video on YouTube by Dr. Paul Marik explaining why Invermectin is useful. 

6 hours ago, JimHuaHin said:

And the issue of the quality of this China-made medication?

It is Japanese made but licensed to a Chinese company for manufacture for use within China. reference Wikipedia:-

It is being developed and manufactured by Toyama Chemical (a subsidiary of Fujifilm) and was approved for medical use in Japan in 2014.[6] In 2016, Fujifilm licensed it to Zhejiang Hisun Pharmaceutical Co. of China.[7] It became a generic drug in 2019, allowing the company to produce it in the People's Republic of China.

1 hour ago, danferguson said:

There are 1000 good videos on YouTube by many doctors saying drug, x, y and z work for Covid - all without any large scale, randomised, placebo-controlled trials to back them up.

I gave you link to the statement from Merck that said "there is no proof it works" - they are the manufacturer, so they would make millions of dollars if it did work, so if even they say it does not work, I don't know what more information you need!

I guess they can't legally say anything else until full trials have been completed. 

I guess that it's not all about the vaccines for curing the symptoms so much, but it's all about who is going to be the world's next vaccine billionaire in the Forbes site. Besides, it's obvious that if someone's giving something for free then there's something wrong or fishy about it. It's too good to be true, because nothing is free in our world.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/09/new-vaccine-billionaires-gain-wealth-as-moderna-pfizer-shares-soar-.html

• Like 1

For the posters who want to use these different pills, maybe you should try contact Donald J Trump to see if

he has any other snake oil cures for COVID 19..  I just hope you can all get the vaccine of your choice

pretty soon.

Geezer

trump survived his infection lightly by taking a cocktaile of 8 different medicines administered by a concilium of top doctors.

few months earlier he did self-administer chloroquine as prevention, when someone in the white house became infected (that medicine was aproved by who, and by many countries still is, now for over a year).

around the world there are 4 approved medicines, including favi, and over 1250 in experimental use.

20 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

At least you won't get fleas...

Worms.

Ivermectin is a medication used to treat many types of parasite infestations. In humans, this includes head lice, scabies, river blindness (onchocerciasis), strongyloidiasis, trichuriasis, ascariasis, and lymphatic filariasis.

Also used in animals for heartworm.

Hopefully people who are self-medicating are using human medicine, and following the right dosage?

"Ivermectin proposes many potentials effects to treat a range of diseases, with its antimicrobial, antiviral, and anti-cancer properties as a wonder drug. It is highly effective against many microorganisms including some viruses. ...

Several studies reported antiviral effects of ivermectin on RNA viruses such as Zika, dengue, yellow fever, West Nile, Hendra, Newcastle, Venezuelan equine encephalitis, chikungunya, Semliki Forest, Sindbis, Avian influenza A, Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome, Human immunodeficiency virus type 1, and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2. Furthermore, there are some studies showing antiviral effects of ivermectin against DNA viruses such as Equine herpes type 1, BK polyomavirus, pseudorabies, porcine circovirus 2, and bovine herpesvirus 1. Ivermectin plays a role in several biological mechanisms, therefore it could serve as a potential candidate in the treatment of a wide range of viruses including COVID-19 "

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41429-020-0336-z

as to dosage, for all many uses 0.2mg per kg, but dose 20mg/kg is still safe for humans. Dose 100mg/kg is lethal. So it's a very safe medicine.

ivermectin is no longer available from thai pharmacies, producer run out of stock and active substance for production

Edited by internationalism

On 4/19/2021 at 11:32 AM, Neeranam said:

I have started taking Invermectin, which could help in not getting Covid. 

How often? Our dog only gets it once a month? I guess if I take it for Covid a side effect would be no ticks or fleas!

Edited by VocalNeal