Are the powers that be hiding something from the public

ezzra

3 hours ago, rabas said:

Possibly the biggest factor, and certainly the easiest to prove, is that the initial spread in Asia was a much weaker variant called D614. What hit and then dominated the West was the much more infectious G614 strain.  Now Thailand has the UK B117 variant. Three bugs.

If you look at Thai cases, you can see 3 waves each with increasing R0. Thailand's screening and tracking was the same if not better prepared each time. (red notation mine)

image.png.6fa440b033b5c12f9008c07733ea85e7.png

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

image.png

Is there any scientific evidence to show that if you were infected by D614, or other variants, that your body will have developed antigens to protect against new variants?

Government here has admitted a few years back article in the Bangkok Post that a " white lie " is good at times? 

Then you got from my experience living here in general many are so poor they rarely go and have health check ups most go when there is no choice when that time comes already too late?  Many die here not even knowing they have the Virus and it doesn't seem they are going to do an examine to find out thus maybe the low numbers.?????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Government here has admitted a few years back article in the Bangkok Post that a " white lie " is good at times? 

Then you got from my experience living here in general many are so poor they rarely go and have health check ups most go when there is no choice when that time comes already too late?  Many die here not even knowing they have the Virus and it doesn't seem they are going to do an examine to find out thus maybe the low numbers.?????

Rise in death's from pneumonia in March and April 2020 fits your theory .

• Confused 1

On 4/19/2021 at 5:20 AM, Brierley said:

Brazilians are most urban city dwellers

Not really: it contains a lot of rural parts (where the coffee grows:-), with dwellers, and a few cities, some very large.  

12 minutes ago, PGSan said:

Not really: it contains a lot of rural parts (where the coffee grows:-), with dwellers, and a few cities, some very large.  

Population distribution in Brazil is very uneven. The majority of Brazilians live within 300 km (190 mi) of the coast, while the interior in the Amazon Basin is almost empty. Therefore, the densely populated areas are on the coast and the sparsely populated areas are in the interior. This historical pattern is little changed by recent movements into the interior.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Brazil

• Thanks 1

Possibly as they don’t really check . Wife’s father died and they put it down to cancer he had before . Several others in area up north died in same area and none were checked why they died . They mostly had health issues before so that was assumed as cause and off to temple they went . 

Yes it's all a massive conspiracy perpetrated by every medical professional in Thailand to deliberately conceal Thailand's death rate to the rest of the world.

Drats now the secret is out

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

My understanding, happy to be corrected;

In the UK, if someone tested + within 30 days of death, it goes down as covid, no tests needed.

In Thailand, it's only covid if the post mortem tests say it's covid.  And, if there's no obvious reason for a post mortem, there isn't one.

6 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

There weren't always 100s and 100s of cases a day... this is recent... 

There were no cases for a long long time... 

You need a logic upgrade.... 

What on earth would a covid logic upgrade look like?

UK thinks 2000 new cases a day is low enough to open up.

Thailand thinks 2000 new cases a day is high enough to close  down.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PGSan said:

Which ethnic groups are these?  Where do you find this data?

Whilst quite a simplification (I concede) I am trying to point out that there doesn't seem to be any one particular ethnic group being reported as most effected.

Data? Only the total figures, I would love more data (as I guess you may) but it is ever so hard to find, if you have good data please would you be good enough to let me know where I too could get it, I would really appreciate that.

My post was my observations PGSan, would appreciate any info.

8 hours ago, itsari said:

Rise in death's from pneumonia in March and April 2020 fits your theory .

Whatever the theory as long as an autopsy isn't done those in charge just can mark one down wherever it suits them that will benefit their needs?

Just rise in pneumonia I know just in my village a number that had died from high blood sugar levels untreated regardless that can also be construe as a theory too?

8 hours ago, rabas said:

Except there was no such rise. 

In fact, April was a low point relative to many previous years. Otherwise 2020 was buried in the noise. 

World's excess mortality database including Thailand's monthly values.

https://github.com/akarlinsky/world_mortality

Image zoom (scroll down to find Thailand)

https://github.com/akarlinsky/world_mortality/blob/main/world_mort_plot_all.png

You miss the point. I am pointing out the rise of pneumonia as cause of death compared to previous years. Not the total number of deaths that you are quoting. 

On 4/19/2021 at 6:20 AM, Brierley said:

I read an article that asked the same question, why has Asia experienced so few deaths by comparison to say Brazil. One conclusion was that Asians are exposed to more viruses in their lives because they are predominantly a rural population, Brazilians are most urban city dwellers and haven't built up similar levels of immunity over time.

A second aspect is that people in SE Asia don't shake hands so the extent of person to person transmission is reduced. Asians are also accustomed to wearing masks because of poor air quality and this helps extend protection further.  A further point is that Thai's seem more willing to self isolate without question or fuss than many of their Western counterparts. The climate in countries such as Thailand  also means that families don't huddle in sealed rooms with the heating turned on and very little air flow, a factor that also helps reduce transmission rates - obesity is also less of an issue in Asia than it is in the West. Perhaps all these factors combined result in people contracting lower viral loads than in the West plus their immune systems are better equipped to manage the resulting illness.

Rubbish, nobody in India shakes hands they had 300.000 cases in 1 day

27 minutes ago, itsari said:

You miss the point. I am pointing out the rise of pneumonia as cause of death compared to previous years. Not the total number of deaths that you are quoting.

Can you show me that data, monthly?

Did you note I was also discussing excess mortality?

Edited by rabas