Foreign teachers go to Phuket "entertainment venue" and bring Covid back to school infecting dozens of students

webfact

3 hours ago, tallfarang said:

I don't want to name the school due to Thailand's defamation laws, but will say it was NOT an international school. 

i'm confused by the defamation laws

if the teachers had come back and spread HIV to students i'm sure the school's name would be mentioned

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

And on the same page, right hand side, you will see the following headline "Prayut tells the media to stop reporting about his ministers at nightclubs". 

This is Thailand where it is always easiest to blame others than to look at themselves

TAT will have to change tack now there is a new Indian Varient ... All those rich boys have to be stopped ... All this varient deflection from China Virus

1 minute ago, ian007 said:

Well I'm really glad they were foreign teachers! Imagine they would have been Thai teachers then there would be no one to blame! Foreigners again!!! Ayutin you were right all along...

Did they get checked if the showered or were they the dirty ones ???

24 minutes ago, VBF said:

Not  necessarily a criticism, but "East is East and West is West and never the twain shall meet" as Kipling said.

Having said that...it drives me mad too!

Drives me mad daily, specially seeing my wife teaching it to my son. But perhaps we should be jealous, that they actually really think they are right doing it this way, and think we are wrong instead whining about it, LOL.

• Like 1

How come that now no one seems to care that Covid is spread? Just because they were foreigners, the spread of Covid can't happen? 

Now they say 'foreigners' to identify who had covid. Last time it were bargirls and once policemen. They just use it to identify. Did anyone here complain how bad it was for bargirls or policemen?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Not to be picky, but shouldn’t the headline read “ foreign teachers go to phuket entertainment venue and catch Covid from Thai people, then go home and infect students”.

I mean if we are going the route of the blame game.

But how do you know the boys girls or kathoey were Thai.  

You never know at some spots what you are getting LOL

7 hours ago, webfact said:

CDC spokesman Dr Opas Kankawinpong revealed that the infection had been brought back by two foreign teachers after they went to an "entertainment venue" in Phuket between April 2nd and 4th, a weekend.

Hope they've got deep pockets.

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

In my view the teachers who are mixing with large members of the public as in students, should have more damn sense that to be going to entertainment venues. They are supposed to be teachers and lead by example.

Second, What the hell are they hugging each other for in the midst of Covid19, at school just because somebody is leaving?

Safe space and distance, wash hands, wear a mask....what are these clowns thinking?

If the school year is ending why are they going on a weekend trip when Songkran is just around the corner.

I agree anyone that hugs someone other than family, mia noi or their long time gf are nuts.

Wonder if they will still have jobs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

In my view the teachers who are mixing with large members of the public as in students, should have more damn sense that to be going to entertainment venues. They are supposed to be teachers and lead by example.

Second, What the hell are they hugging each other for in the midst of Covid19, at school just because somebody is leaving?

Safe space and distance, wash hands, wear a mask....what are these clowns thinking?

Nothing i.e not thinking!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

In the Netherlands now the schools get selftests for the teachers so they have to test themselves 2 times a week... Why not possible in THailand?

Because Thailand will only free-test you if you have symptoms to see if you are infected.

If you are not infected it'll cost you 1,800 baht to find out if you are.

It's similar thinking to getting a mortgage to buy a house - you have to go to the bank with the money first, then they will lend you the money to buy the house.

They're still working at getting the hang of 'western thinking'.

That statement if cannot  be proved about the 2 foreign teachers getting it & passing it on - they should sue him for defamation or let's see how quickly he backtracks as a "misunderstanding" Sod the misunderstanding if they said it & on record sue the <deleted> off them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Considering the timeline posted as well as the incubation period of Covid, I see no proof whatsoever that those teachers didn't catch it before going on their weekend trip to Phuket.

Actually the timeline fits quite well. On that weekend there were several massive entertainment events with thousands of participants from Bangkok. Covid typically takes 5 days to incubate, and indeed they developed a fever 5 days later. It is highly probable they did contract Covid at one of the events. Quite sad since Phuket was doing so well before that.

6 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Not to be picky, but shouldn’t the headline read “ foreign teachers go to phuket entertainment venue and catch Covid from Thai people, then go home and infect students”.

I mean if we are going the route of the blame game.

Not to be picky, but how do you know the nationality and identity of the source of the infection? Did you see some video footage? Medical records? Contact tracing? I mean if we are going the route of the where's the evidence game. Sad to see so many people out to malign the people in whose country they are basically trespassing. 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

two foreign teachers

The word "teacher" is used very, very, very loosely here.  

in the future, just say foreigners who had no money and decided to work for 20,000 baht a month or else they will be homeless.  Their CV included jobs such as "Burger making," "Tree looking," and "youtube surfing."  hobbies are beer, more beer, and more beer

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, happydays said:

Agreed. Unless the teachers had a negative test before going there is no proof. They could have been infected by the students.

Oh, you're talking about SCIENCE?! Not a language commonly spoken on this forum. I'm actually amazed at how many Brits I've met between Pattaya and Bangkok who think Covid is a made up story and therefore they will not be vaccinated. And these are otherwise likeable chaps. It horrified me. Literally. Jaw on the ground. I personally think that any foreigner who refuses the vaccine should be deported. But I digress. Kudos to you and anyone else here who still understands and subscribes to common sense. Ignorance is as much a public health menace as any virus. The Stupidemic.

Edited by Jonathan Swift
correction
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, misterphil said:

Hugged the students? Must have been American teachers. Why not a traditional Wai ???? and adhere to social distancing? ????

Ha ha, yes. And at least a hug is better than what an American Christian Missionary teacher may be doing to the young boys. ????

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1