Couple in red plate Civic survive collision with train in north east after temple visit

webfact

8pm.jpg

Daily News reported that a man and a woman who had just made merit at a temple then collided with a Bangkok to Nong Khai train.

They were in a red plate (brand new) Honda Civic with the registration plate number of 6141.

The female driver is in a serious condition but the man sitting behind suffered only minor injuries, said Phen police captain Adulchai Khaokham.

It happened at a level crossing just outside the temple of Wat Pa Srijan in the Phen area of Udon Thani. 

Local official Amnuay Intharathirat said the couple were probably not familiar with the area. 

The train continued onto Nong Khai after the incident. It had only minor damage. 

Capt Adulchai said that the driver of the car was Nongluck, 39, and the man was 24 year old Phicham.

The train was the #75.

8pm1.jpg

The crossing has no barrier and is a popular local shortcut. It has a stop sign and a siren but there are frequent accidents there, he said, adding that most victims were out-of-towners.

Nong, who is a disciple at the temple, said the couple had just left after making merit and paying their respects to the head monk. 

They said they would be back on the 24th of April.

She said that the person in the back of the car was in fact a ladyboy. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-19

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, George Bowman said:

And here are the lottery ticket numbers for this week...

So in summary then they had the good luck of not getting killed because they took a lady boy with them.  Folks, now we know what to do if we want to jump a train crossing when hearing the siren. Its not to stop but  quickly throw the nearest lady boy in the back ????????

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I can't read that so I can expect do get run over by a train if I come across one of these signs.

International sign is the same in any language,

th?id=OIP.XTQKRpjZ7fJcNalUzXUaBAHaFx%26p

Unless the Thai one says stop if you didn't buy an amulet.

On 4/19/2021 at 11:27 AM, Excel said:

So in summary then they had the good luck of not getting killed because they took a lady boy with them.  Folks, now we know what to do if we want to jump a train crossing when hearing the siren. Its not to stop but  quickly throw the nearest lady boy in the back ????????

Are you suggesting to stick a lady boy through the rear door ? Oh deary me.

• Haha 1