Thailand reports 1,390 new COVID-19 cases, 3 more deaths

webfact

2021-04-19T045358Z_1_LYNXMPEH3I060_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG
REUTERS FILE PHOTO for reference only

Thailand reported 1,390 new COVID-19 infections on Monday and three additional deaths.

Of the new cases, 1,058 were local transmissions, while 326 were imported from people entering quarantine and 6 foreign infected persons (screening at checkpoint and entering the hospital/quarantine).

14,851 people remain in hospital receiving treatment, 28,787 have recovered.

Monday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 43,742 with 104 deaths.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-19

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

It would really be nice to see when these cases were actually tested for, and the time frame from the date of the test to the date of clearing the lab as being reported positive.  Rode by Bumrungrad hospital on my way home from MTT this morning, and it appeared they were already queued up en-mass for covid testing with security guards directing people on where to go, and this was around 9 am.  I understand because of Songkran that many may not have been tested, or those tests have not been resolved in a quick turnaround due to lab techs being on holiday, but I sure hope they are jumping on those today and this week to ensure and calm the publics fears that they are doing everything they can.  

Yes the upcoming week will be interesting with hospitals and test facilities back up to 100% and people back from Songkran. I was actually surprised by the jump during songkran given the limited people home and more limited health care and testing.

• Like 2

Is there a website that shows cases by Province , now that all 77 have active cases it would be good to know how many where i am as the last report i have seen was Dec 2020 with 2 women who sold seafood .

Edited by keith101
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

326 is from outreach screening, not from traveler's quarantine. Six is today's number of new cases via quarantine.

Do you mean these people were first placed in quarantee because they were high risk, then tested positive? That would make sense to me but I don't know.

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rabas said:

Do you mean these people were first placed in quarantee because they were high risk, then tested positive? That would make sense to me but I don't know.

Outreach testing!  Which the government has been doing all along in various targeted ways, such as the Thong Lo community, etc... Has nothing to do with traveler quarantines.

19 minutes ago, keith101 said:

Is there a website that shows cases by Province , now that all 77 have active cases it would be good to know how many where i am as the last report i have seen was Dec 2020 .

They report new cases each day, but the EN version of those doesn't include cumulative totals. There's a TH version that does include cumulative totals.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Questionable numbers?

How did they arrive at 326 cases from people entering quarantine? What does that even mean?

I think it refers to people arriving from abroad and entering State Quarantine or ASQ

• Confused 1

Latest day's COVID vaccinations reports, first cumulative, and then the latest day's additions. The subtotals reflect the portion receiving their first shot vs those receiving their second shot.

Negligible progress over the Song Kran weekend. Not sure why there's a small different in the total vaccinations figure between the two different charts.

04-19-21e.jpg.bfe4aedbe482ffcf36f37cc861d63c43.jpg

04-19-21f.jpg.23adb4b56469a4b2a8822f0f1d5217f5.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/prbangkok/posts/3413528185413445

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK