Phuket arrivals in other provinces face quarantine measures

webfact

1618809118_1-org.jpg

In total 47 provinces so far have introduced strong measures, including mandatory quarantine, for people arriving from red-zone areas, including Phuket. Image: Ministry of Interior

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: People from Phuket heading for Surat Thani or even Krabi now face quarantine on arrival now that Phuket has been classified as a ‘red zone’ for COVID infections amid the current outbreak.

The sterner measures for Phuket arrivals comes as the Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) confirms that the number of confirmed infections on the island has climbed to 208.

The move also follows the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) in Bangkok on Friday “re-categorising” Phuket as among 18 ‘red zone’ provinces in the country.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-arrivals-in-other-provinces-face-quarantine-measures-79729.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-04-19

What does this mean.  Just focus on Phuket or all red zones treated the same.  Quarantine how?  What if just visiting family for 5 days?  If stay at family home then return is that ok? 

Yes weren't those German tourist ambassadors told they could travel all over Thailand after 14 days?  

I think PM is waking up to the concept that until 70% of all Thailand is vaccinated tourism theft is wishful thinking. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

It looks like I'm stuck in Phuket for awhile...woe is me ????????????

Wish I had made it for my scheduled trip to visit friends next week, but alas stuck in BKK we are. Enjoy

• Like 1

No zone travel it would appear unless your vaccinated, tested or wish to quarantine for your 5 day domestic vacation for 14 days . Not worth it, just canceled our return trip to Cape Panwa and rescheduled for July.  Trying to see where from BKK we can go and visit without al of the quarantine stuff, not looking promising.  Glad we got the Chiang Mai trip in before this wave spread like I envisioned it possibly would.  Stay safe.