PM positive Thai economy will grow despite new COVID-19 wave

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

I just caught a glimpse of "PM positive".

My hopes were dashed when I read the thread title properly ???? 

Of course being "essential" he's had his jab. Astrazeneca IIRC, one can only hope this clot gets one. 

You mean we all hope he gets a clot ?  ????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Should have said the Government has 140bnTHB with another 240bnTHB in emergency loans to draw-down if needed (he didn't say where these come from but I suspect China knows something about that).

Not looking quite so healthy after a slight adjustment of the wording... and only 37bnTHB to combat what will be the epidemic of the century. I suspect it's not enough or anything like enough.

Time to empty their own pockets of the brown envelope money and return the happiness to Thailand and remove happiness from their Mia Nois' and such.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Estimate vaccination programme if sufficient vaccines available will take at least 6 months therefore International Tourism unlikely to resume until well into 2022 with loss peak season. If economy will grow in the meantime Thailand's GDP  will overtake China. Good luck.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe money available is from the same source as small business soft loans that never made it to small businesses. 

PM says due to vaccine program, which one is that ?

government did nothing for small business, no tax cuts, no tax breaks , no tax refunds , no loans , absolutely nothing . 

no idea why or how he thinks economy will grow 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

All Thai governments corrupt but previous governments at least allowed others to make some money , where as this one takes it all

And unlike other governments, ensures it is funnelled upwards

• Haha 1

Just now, Excel said:

And unlike other governments, ensures it is funnelled upwards

Upwards indeed. but the key to this mess is where upwards it is funneled to. Make hay while the sun shines because the whole house of cards is beginning to fall and the time for nest-feathering grows shorter.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 2

"Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha is confident the Thai economy this year will keep growing, thanks to the vaccination program"

Given the continuous drop in economic activities week after week, its has to see some growth at least during one of the weeks...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Their definition of 'currently being controlled' must be very different from my own definition.

And mine. Unless the COVID-19 dividend we are now seeing was exactly what was intended to ensure another 50 years of compliance and hero-worship. Perhaps not everything is as it seems.

• Like 1