Phuket to start testing unvaccinated, untested domestic arrivals

webfact

1618886941_1-org.jpg

The decision to test unvaccinated, untested domestic arrivals was announced last night (Apr 19). Photo: PR Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Starting tomorrow (Apr 21), all people flying into Phuket will be subjected to an “Antigen Rapid Test” for COVID-19 unless they can prove they have been fully vaccinated or have had a test confirming they are are not infected with COVID-19 within 72 hours of arriving on the island.

The new rule was announced by the Phuket Communicable Disease Committee, chaired by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew, last night (Apr 19).

The ruling has been announced as in effect from Apr 21-30.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-to-start-testing-unvaccinated-untested-domestic-arrivals-79738.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-04-20

Phuket tightens control on all local and foreign arrivals until end of April

sumit-chinchane-SIQG8wdlmOw-unsplash.jpg

Promthep Cape, Phuket, Thailand / Photo by Sumit Chinchane on Unsplash

Phuket has imposed strict new controls on all people entering the resort island, effective from tomorrow (Wednesday) until the end of April.

The new measure, which was approved by the provincial communicable disease committee, is designed to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the province and will be applied to local and foreign travellers who want to enter Phuket, with the exception of those delivering goods who do not stay overnight on the island and who must produce certification from their employers at the Tha Chatchai road checkpoint.

The measure stipulates that every arrival must have received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine, with an accompanying certificate confirming such, or must produce a COVID-19-free certificate,issued within 72 hours of arrival on Phuket.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/phuket-tightens-control-on-all-local-and-foreign-arrivals-until-end-of-april/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-04-20

Well at least no quarantine (at the moment)...

Next week I'll take my parents to BKK to send them off to Europe, so I'll do same day HKT-BKK-HKT return myself... does anybody knows if local arrivals at BKK also require rapid Covid test?

On 4/20/2021 at 4:28 PM, snoop1130 said:

Phuket has imposed strict new controls on all people entering the resort island, effective from tomorrow (Wednesday) until the end of April.

But, but, but - foreign tourists will be pouring into Phuket to save the economy in June?????

My wife, her grandchild and myself entered Phuket today at about 16.30 o'clock by car after driving from Sisaket.  At the check point at Chat Chai we had our temperatures taken with a handheld device by a cop and he asked if we had the Thai chana app. That was all and we were vinked along.

We will enjoy the next weeks here in Phuket.