Surat Thani: You'll be fined up to 20,000 baht if you go out without a mask

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

People in the southern Thai province of Surat Thani - that includes the holiday island of Koh Samui - have been told they must wear masks when outside or they can be heavily fined, reported Naew Na.

The move came in a letter issued to district chiefs and mayors from provincial governor Wichawut Jinto yesterday.

The governor noted the rapid rise in Covid-19 cases that were getting to everywhere in the province. He said that everyone must wear a surgical or cloth face covering at all times when out of their residence.

Details of Article 51 of a 2015 law allow for fines of up to 20,000 baht for transgressions.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-20

• Sad 4

7 hours ago, smedly said:

this what happens when you have highly educated people appointed to high office in a 3rd world country

Outside where there are any other people? I am not confronting only asking is common sense is to be applied. Driving my car with only my own family today? I am fully supportive of steps to protect us, just looking for application of critical thinking?!

2 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I would like to see the 'sliding scale used to determine how much - up to a maximum of 20k - that an offender is charged. To me, either a mask is worn, and properly, or it isn't. 

so, just curious, what would be the basis for the sliding scale ... if it is wear properly or not? Just asking a question, not challenging.

44 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Outside where there are any other people? I am not confronting only asking is common sense is to be applied. Driving my car with only my own family today? I am fully supportive of steps to protect us, just looking for application of critical thinking?!

Critical thinking and common sense are in short supply. When the education system and leadership discourages it, critical thinking evaporates and common sense is close behind.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pikao said:

There are other interviews with Fauci where he states that mask are useless against viruses, but this one also tells a little bit

He lies when it suits him.

Fauci said US government held off promoting face masks because it knew shortages were so bad that even doctors couldn't get enough

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fauci-said-us-govt-held-154828784.html

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dr-fauci-has-this-message-for-face-mask-non-believers/ar-BB19wY44?li=BBnb7Kz&fbclid=IwAR0IaLorMkJWaRqXwKd0_HQDK8uo5srJJF_y9I2l-yb9jtQ-Isd--EVf-qY

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cdc-confirms-masks-also-protect-the-wearer-outlines-which-ones-are-most-effective-205819204.html

50 minutes ago, Tubulat said:

I wonder, do he always use his helmet while sitting on his motobike?

Or is it as always "do what I say but not as I do"?

Its only a question.

Maybe he has a small helmet, that is not too noticeable

I wear the muzzle only when I have to go indoor in order to pay  respect , but when I stay outdoor they do not have to harassing me.  Mask is totally useless against viruses furthermore it's preventing proper breathing and then increasing the concentration of CO2 in the blood stream. 

I heard that many experienced headaches, nausea, loss of focuses, and even fainting

So it's okay to wear it in certain cases and for short time but not forever

Now don't ask me if I'm an experienced virologist. Yes, of course I am a healthcare professional and I know what I am talking about

Edited by fleccer
  • Haha 1

Masks might help when you are having a bout of hiccups... its sort of like covering a paper bag over your face... 

Possibly also good for one being an asthmatic, as a mask reduces the often higher detected  oxygen:CO2 ratio back down to more manageable levels during an asthma event... 

you could also walk around swigging perpetually on a drink... after all how can you be expected to wear a mask whilst consuming?  - just keep refilling/replacing the bottle by a spare...   Currently triedsimilar concept out in local shopping plaza, where it was really amazing to find just how long one can really take to drink that takeaway coffee whilst walking...

4 hours ago, Tony125 said:

He lies when it suits him.

All bureaucrats and politicians lie when it suits them.  There is no downside.  Who is going to sanction them?  Other bureaucrats and politicians?

Edited by connda

10 hours ago, tifino said:

you could also walk around swigging perpetually on a drink... after all how can you be expected to wear a mask whilst consuming?  - just keep refilling/replacing the bottle by a spare...   Currently triedsimilar concept out in local shopping plaza, where it was really amazing to find just how long one can really take to drink that takeaway coffee whilst walking...

Clever boy..

You have foiled those dastardly plans to keep your fellow citizens safe.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pikao said:

There are other interviews with Fauci where he states that mask are useless against viruses, but this one also tells a little bit

This video may reduce the fine to 19.999 Baht. Thanks Fauci, but it seems like everywhere you go now you are wearing a nice thick one, or is it two masks?