Thai/American "luuk khreung" attacks his mum in Pattaya - she was forced to hide in the bathroom

webfact

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A Thai mother was forced to hide in the bathroom at a house in Nong Prue, Pattaya, yesterday afternoon after her Thai/American son aged 19 hit her in the face.

She called the Nong Prue cops, seven of whom arrived with equipment to confront the 19 year old at a two story house.

He would not go quietly and had to be taken down by officers after a "charge", reported Sanook.

Mum Suwanit,49, explained that her son that she had with an American man had mental health issues and had stopped taking meds after 4 years.

They had no money after the American dad had left, she said.

Mother and son were taken into the police station where it was hoped that help could be sought for the son's mental health problems.  

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-20

• Sad 5

6 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

He should support his child. In other countries he would be forced to but in Thailand there is no obligation to take money out of salaries to pay maintenance. If the father is working in the US he could send a little each month to help.

Just a note of question. Do some countries look for child support only to age 18?

7 hours ago, kotsak said:

I guess throwing in the word "American" adds up to the sensationalism? Similar to when a driver involved in an accident is driving a Benz?

What has all to do with the fact that the son has mental issues and they have money problems?

They have money problem because the father of the kid, who happens to be American, left them! You can chalk it up to sensationalism or reporting the facts and the fact is that the kid is half American because his father is American.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

He should support his child. In other countries he would be forced to but in Thailand there is no obligation to take money out of salaries to pay maintenance. If the father is working in the US he could send a little each month to help.

100% of a house is usually considered payment in full.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

They have money problem because the father of the kid, who happens to be American, left them!

I assume you know the history, and can state as a fact that the American wasn't "encouraged" to leave

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

What has all to do with the fact that the son has mental issues....Money dont solve all issues.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Just a note of question. Do some countries look for child support only to age 18?

I would think that all countries would require child support until they reach the age of majority..whatever that age is in a particular country.

After that they are adults, and responsible for themselves. Any support for university etc would be a gift, not an obligation.

45 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

A bit different in some countries. In some the support continues up to say 25 if proof the offspring is a full time student. 

When I divorced the family court judge put it specifically in the 'grant of divorce' document; various words about split of property and child support up to the age of adulthood but continuing to 25 if the kids could prove they were full time students. 

Edited by scorecard

20 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Just get off the plane? (I know you did not)

Asset rich. cash poor...

I agree it is difficult to sell such assets in the present climate if she sold the house she would then have to pay a monthly rent which would soon eat up the cash from the sale of the house

8 hours ago, bobbin said:

You are correct in saying the American should support his "child"... Basic human decency.

But in America, childhood ends at 18 years of age.. Is it 20 years of age in Thailand to be consider an adult? Not sure. but the son was on meds for 4 years.. Did he stop willingly or for lack of funds?

Still, if knowing his son had mental illness, he should still have sent money for medicine..

But we don't know the back-story re finances..

Yeah. I missed that he was over 18 which was silly of me considering what he did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobU said:

I agree it is difficult to sell such assets in the present climate if she sold the house she would then have to pay a monthly rent which would soon eat up the cash from the sale of the house

Did it say anywhere in the OP that she is the owner of a house?

39 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Did it say anywhere in the OP that she is the owner of a house?

No it did not.. And if she is not the owner of the house in the picture, then her financial situation is even more precarious.. with a mentally ill son to take care of.

All the more reason for the father to step up and ensure medication...  and treatment, such as it is in Thailand ..

Regardless of any financial history between Father and Mother.

Edited by bobbin

5 hours ago, bobbin said:

No it did not.. And if she is not the owner of the house in the picture, then her financial situation is even more precarious.. with a mentally ill son to take care of.

All the more reason for the father to step up and ensure medication...  and treatment, such as it is in Thailand ..

Regardless of any financial history between Father and Mother.

More and more assumptions by the TV sleuths.

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

I took your first point at face value and replied/

Now it appears you have an agenda..

So what is it?

The facts:

Mixed race (fail to see relevance) teenager.

Mental Health issue

Off Meds

No money.

Anything else is pure speculation. Huge blanks for the active imagination to fill in as usual with this type of story.

Case dismissed. ....????

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Susco said:

I assume you know the history, and can state as a fact that the American wasn't "encouraged" to leave

Has nothing to do with what my point of the post I’ve replied to was about, but I assume you know the history and know for a fact that the American was “encouraged’ to leave, yeah?

If the American father left, as in for good. The poor guy lost the house, the car, likely at least one motorcycle, and all the furniture.

All he would have taken was what he could put into trunks and suitcases.  Leaving behind the Thai woman and his mental son.

Geezer

Like many other posts, I will speculate on the situation as well, but my comment does have some statistics to back it up.  

The Thai mother was 30 when she fell pregnant.  Now, statistically speaking, most of the farang are with a much younger Thai lady. 

So, lets say this guy was say late 40's to early 50's.  That puts him at 70 years of age or over.  He would most probably be retired and not earning an income, and may not be in a financial position to send money, and that's leaving aside any possible ill feeling that may or may not have happened that ended their relationship.  

Of course, he could also be wealthy, but fair chance is he's near or in his 70's now.