Thai tourism survey: Chinese want to visit Thailand but waiting for vax rollout and end of quarantine - then some!

webfact

Cant understand why someone would take a survey at this point in time. Its meaniless.

Thailand is experinacing a 3rd, wave due to a government not taking drastic measures early. Songran holiday a super spreder, should have been cancelled. Vaccine roll out far to slow, falling behind our neighbours. Priority now is lock down vaccinate the populus. And some financial assistance to the general population.

33 minutes ago, Xmas said:

Cant understand why someone would take a survey at this point in time. Its meaniless.

Thailand is experinacing a 3rd, wave due to a government not taking drastic measures early. Songran holiday a super spreder, should have been cancelled. Vaccine roll out far to slow, falling behind our neighbours. Priority now is lock down vaccinate the populus. And some financial assistance to the general population.

It's good info.  The Chinese want to come, but they won't come as long as there's a quarantine.  And once the quarantine ends, it will be several months before they start filling planes.

Is Thailand really going through a 3rd wave of actual infections, or are they just testing more people, resulting in more positive tests?  Without knowing how many people they've been testing all along, we don't really know.

Officially, the Chinese can leave the country, but in practice it has been made impossible by quarantine rules.  In addition, it is impossible for Chinese to obtain a passport so that they can travel abroad.  My friend's wife cannot travel to Finland to meet her husband's family in Finland because her passport can not be renewed.  I have worked in China for many years and I can understand why they act this way.  They have no reason to take any risk of getting the disease mess back to country.  Life is normal without big domestic Covid19 restrictions ,because the disease has been almost completely suppressed, economic growth is fast, citizens are happy and satisfied with the current situation and the Beijing Winter Olympics are approaching

All countries around the world WILL PROMOTE DOMESTIC TOURISM.

They need the dollars flowing into their own economy.

So China will ensure that if you go abroad you must quarantine on return for 14 days and have an "anal" probe for the PCR test.  This acts as a means to prevent "external tourism".

TAT is promoting domestic tourism while fantasising that international tourists are coming....they will not.

Every country in the world will keep restrictions in place, to some extent, to try to keep people in country and spending money in country and not spending money in other countries.   Those restrictions might be quarantine, self-isolation, multiple testing on return etc...  all sorts of restrictions and cost add ons to keep people from travelling overseas and keep them spending money at home.

16 hours ago, Aomelia said:

I would not trust one word out of China I heard they are Still incinerating in Wuhan 

Well, I heard Elvis is still alive and will be performing in Las Vegas on New Year's Eve.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, PatOngo said:

For the total havock the Chinese released on the world, with their filthy corona virus, I'm surprised they are welcome anywhere!

Be careful now, I was accused of bigotry by one deluded poster for describing Covid as a Chinese virus. ????

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Percy P said:

Yes sicken situations.. And the vaccines situation seems to have stopped . If the vaccines are there why are people not getting them and do the vaccines have a shelf life . As read possible  tourist are not coming because of the vaccination hold up. I haven't come across one person who's been vaccinated against the disease . What are the people in charge waiting for

They are waiting for vaccine avaibility having arrived far too late in the game.

Question is, where are the Thai produced vaccines that Prayut proudly boasted about last year?!

I can't wait until the world authorities say wait a minute these vaccines are not only useless, they could be dangerous, more and more big time people are saying so, guess will have to wait for pockets to be full see China government has told the world politicians to pull their sox up and make their people to behave themselves can you guess what that means, it was on tv so must be true, funny that when you think how Chinese turos behave joke

20 hours ago, PatOngo said:

For the total havock the Chinese released on the world, with their filthy corona virus, I'm surprised they are welcome anywhere!

They have the cheek to say they won't come because of the Corona virus as well!????????????????

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

They are waiting for vaccine avaibility having arrived far too late in the game.

Question is, where are the Thai produced vaccines that Prayut proudly boasted about last year?!

Or another question is, will that vaccine even be effective? In Brazil and India, the mutations seem to at least render the vaccine less effective, and there are more reports of under 40s becoming more seriously ill, with an increase in infant mortality too. The UK gov website has a nice tracking system for every variant within our borders. 
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-variants-genomically-confirmed-case-numbers/variants-distribution-of-cases-data

Edited by Mung
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, expatjustice said:

Yes but that is group tourism that has been banned. The rest is just a reminder / recommendation. 

Bottom line is Chinese citizens can currently leave China and go anywhere where they have a valid visa without explaining to anyone what they need to leave China. Again the main problem is, what tourist can afford to spend 28 days in quarantine? You have to work, and no company will allow you to be in quarantine 28 days for “tourist reasons”. 

I don’t think you’ll see many Thais going overseas on tourism trips, or many Australians,… for the same reason! 

Well at least Australians and new Zealanders can travel between countries now quarantine free. 

Point of interest was that a plane cleaner at Auckland Airport contracted Covid-19 a few days ago from the job. She had been vaccinated.

The PM said on radio NZ news that the vaccine was doing it's job, you can get the virus while vaccinated, but don't get sick, and that will stop the hospitals from filling up. 

No mention was made of whether you can also transmit the virus while vaccinated. 

It also did not stop contact tracing all the close contacts, genome testing said that the strain came from Ethiopia. 

So far people close to this person have been told to self isolate, and there is no further outbreak yet. 

Source Radio NZ news. 

Travel bubble still intact. 

On 4/20/2021 at 12:49 PM, Laughing Gravy said:

Makes sense. Shame the TAT don't/can't get their heads around this.

I am still wondering when the 6 million Brits are arriving this year!

Don't worry.  They will all arrive on 31st December.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

Point of interest was that a plane cleaner at Auckland Airport contracted Covid-19 a few days ago from the job. She had been vaccinated.

The PM said on radio NZ news that the vaccine was doing it's job, you can get the virus while vaccinated, but don't get sick, and that will stop the hospitals from filling up.

Yeah it is completely normal. Even with one of the most effective vaccines out there, Pfizer. It is about 94% effective. That means out of 100 people, 6 will still get infected. Out of a 1000 people 60 get infected..... out of 10,000,000, a whole 600,000 people will get infected. 

And that's with the most effective vaccine out there! Let alone others. 

Vaccine was never about totally avoiding infections, but rather avoiding life-threatening disease caused by COVID, and overall reducing the speed of transmission and also reduce the "surface" over which COVID can spread until it reaches a point that it can't infect enough new persons so it short of disappears.

2 minutes ago, expatjustice said:

Yeah it is completely normal. Even with one of the most effective vaccines out there, Pfizer. It is about 94% effective. That means out of 100 people, 6 will still get infected. Out of a 1000 people 60 get infected..... out of 10,000,000, a whole 600,000 people will get infected. 

And that's with the most effective vaccine out there! Let alone others. 

Vaccine was never about totally avoiding infections, but rather avoiding life-threatening disease caused by COVID, and overall reducing the speed of transmission and also reduce the "surface" over which COVID can spread until it reaches a point that it can't infect enough new persons so it short of disappears.

NZ is only using Pfizer at present. 

On 4/20/2021 at 2:34 PM, vandeventer said:

Do we really need tourist right now? China has never said how many people are sick or dead in China from this virus. And they don't even acknowledge that it started there. We have enough problems here in Thailand right now so why do we want more? 

funny how you think that you speak for majority ("we") as if goverment asked/cared for your opinion , or funny that you think that you think they care about you, or its own people, L.O.L. farangs always live some high in clouds. 

Stay in your country ! Why would they want to come,seeing that a woeful percentage of the population here has been vaccinated by their  less than 70 percent effective vaccine!

Their virus has stung the world and now its buzzin Thailand, like never before !

Edited by riclag

Another fact is that the percentage of Chinese who have had their 2 vaccinations are not that much as well.

The country China, is not likely to let unvaccinated people leave their country, or enter their country.

Good Luck TAT, keep dreaming of your upcoming tourist season. If you cannot get the Thai population

vaccinated, there will be no tourist season this Fall, or Winter.

Geezer

On 4/19/2021 at 10:29 PM, ukrules said:

High season at the end of 2022 is my estimate.

Cool, I'll have time to sell my place in JomTien and buy another in Koh Samui, where only 3% of the spitting, coughing, loud Mainland Chinese want to go..........3 years ago, I was having a great vacation in Nha Trang, Vietnam east coast, then the hoard of Chinese showed up.  They were like ants at a picnic, all my years as an Expat, I never experienced anything like it.  ????

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 12:49 PM, Laughing Gravy said:

Makes sense. Shame the TAT don't/can't get their heads around this.

I am still wondering when the 6 million Brits are arriving this year!

Thats wishful thinking,  Uk lifting travel restrictions  in June. 

Thailand  hasn't  desided when  its opening  up the country.

Summer holidays in Uk  could see an inflow of  tourists here.

My two friends are eager to come.

5 hours ago, Percy P said:

Thats wishful thinking,  Uk lifting travel restrictions  in June. 

Thailand  hasn't  desided when  its opening  up the country.

Summer holidays in Uk  could see an inflow of  tourists here.

My two friends are eager to come.

I was being sarcastic. So two minus 6 million. Still a long way to go!