Covid exhaustion: Post of medical staff flaked out on seats, on the floor goes viral online

webfact

9pm.jpg

Pictures posted online from a field hospital in Chiang Mai in the north of Thailand showed medical personnel exhausted from taking care of Covid patients.

Some were resting and sleeping on seats, others were just passed out on the floor.

A post said that the beds for patients were basic but at least they had a proper place to lie down. The staff didn't even have that.

The pictures evoked a wave of sympathy and support for Thailand's medical front-liners as the most serious wave of Covid yet has hit the country.

news_yEjjuhkTVl114455_533.jpg

And it came as a leading doctor said that everything in the country was under control and moving along nicely. 

Some netizens called for the authorities to do more to support staff at this time, reported Daily News

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-20

• Sad 3

Whilst I have the utmost admiration and respect for all Medical Workers around the Globe, I cannot help but think of the amount of work undertaken by these Guys is small in comparison to the work the Medical Staff have done in Covid ravaged Countries such as the US and across Europe.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

I guess there are hundreds of military grunts that have nothing to do in the defense of the realm.

Perhaps they could be taught basic patient care and assist in the worst hit areas.?

Then I woke up!

It is not quite so easy and quick to teach proper basic patient care.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Whilst I have the utmost admiration and respect for all Medical Workers around the Globe, I cannot help but think of the amount of work undertaken by these Guys is small in comparison to the work the Medical Staff have done in Covid ravaged Countries such as the US and across Europe.

It has only just started in Thailand. These field hospitals with asymptomatic cases are easy to work. I'm sure ICU staff works as hard as they do in the US.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

I guess there are hundreds of military grunts that have nothing to do in the defense of the realm.

Perhaps they could be taught basic patient care and assist in the worst hit areas.?

Then I woke up!

Unfortunately , a lot of those grunts are serving as waiters, gardeners , chauffeurs and other menial jobs of their superior officers.

They have been commandeered to serve in the front line of hi so families that formally used cheap labour from the north east but who are now feeling the pinch when it comes to servants.

But a lot of the grunts are happy with this. Serving in a restaurant etc beats hands down being on active service,living in barracks or patrolling the borders.

Close relative of wife just did this and thought himself lucky to be a skiv rather than a soldier.

They would not be over the moon to be taught covid care.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Pictures posted online from a field hospital in Chiang Mai in the north of Thailand showed medical personnel exhausted from taking care of Covid patients.

They’re not taking care of Covid-19 patients, they are running around after scores of asymptomatic patients who have tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus. 

This is an example of what happens when the health services are unnecessarily overwhelmed with perfectly healthy people as a result of flawed policy and media hysteria. 

Only those with serious symptoms should require hospital treatment, those who have tested positive and without symptoms should be instructed to isolate in their homes.

------

At every single phase the Covid-19 story we have been informed of the critical importance to protecting the health services, all the lock downs, all the isolation, the furlows, the closures, the unemployment, economic devastation has been about one thing...  we, the world wide population have been fed the same important message - we must ensure that the health care services are not overwhelmed so that those who are truly unwell can seek medical care. 

When did that important message lose traction? when did hysteria take over? When did perfectly healthy people require hospital?...

What was the maximum ICU be occupancy in any of the nations which suffered most severely from Covid-19 ???? - Was any nation at greater than 90% ICU occupancy ? 50% ? 30% ? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, polpott said:

If it weren't for the scrubs, I'd have taken them for the staff in my local 7/11.

I was going to say the security guy at my apt bldg......even though I always leave him my leftover sangsom after a night out on the town....always befriend the guy that keeps the crazy gals away ????