Vaccinating Pattaya

TaaSaparot

On 5/11/2021 at 9:49 AM, Jeffr2 said:

50/50 chance of not catching CV19. 

I would say, stay close enough, for long enough, to someone with covid and your chances of catching it are 100%.  

How to tell who has covid, and who doesn't?  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

I would say, stay close enough, for long enough, to someone with covid and your chances of catching it are 100%.  

How to tell who has covid, and who doesn't?  

Yes the amount of time of the exposure is a key factor. Many infected people don't even know they're infected.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed, such a deadly virus that many don't even know they are infected.

Just off the phone with my friend in Vegas.  Her nephew got covid at a high school event last year.  He didn't get very sick, but has lost his sense of taste.  Completely gone.  Now for over 6 months.  That would suck.

We still don't fully understand this virus or what all the implications are.  Some studies are now suggesting brain damage.  Ugh and double ugh!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Some studies are now suggesting brain damage. 

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Many infected people don't even know they're infected.

The Thai government has clearly been infected, but they don't know it, lol!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Just off the phone with my friend in Vegas.  Her nephew got covid at a high school event last year.  He didn't get very sick, but has lost his sense of taste.  Completely gone.  Now for over 6 months.  That would suck.

We still don't fully understand this virus or what all the implications are.  Some studies are now suggesting brain damage.  Ugh and double ugh!

A year ago I was thinking it would never equal the 1918 catastrophe, but now I have to wonder.

However, if ever something was self inflicted this would fit the bill, IMO. Humanity has decided that living in crowded toxic cities was a good idea, and most eat supermarket food which makes us fat and unhealthy.

Even if vaccines keep the worst at bay, will any country be able to afford to repeat the same response when the next plague arrives, as it probably will if we keep living unhealthy lives?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

A year ago I was thinking it would never equal the 1918 catastrophe, but now I have to wonder.

However, if ever something was self inflicted this would fit the bill, IMO. Humanity has decided that living in crowded toxic cities was a good idea, and most eat supermarket food which makes us fat and unhealthy.

Even if vaccines keep the worst at bay, will any country be able to afford to repeat the same response when the next plague arrives, as it probably will if we keep living unhealthy lives?

The next MAJOR pandemic is not scheduled to happen till around 2118-2120....But I think a Major war might be on the calendar in the next 10-20 years....... 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

The next MAJOR pandemic is not scheduled to happen till around 2118-2120....But I think a Major war might be on the calendar in the next 10-20 years....... 

Life has a way of surprising us.

In my lifetime there has been

Polio

HIV/AIDS

Ebola

SARS

Corona

and probably some I've forgotten about.

Somehow I doubt we'll have to wait another century for the next big one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Polio

HIV/AIDS

Ebola

SARS

Corona

Edited by redwood1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Polio

HIV/AIDS

Ebola

SARS

Corona

Epidemics are a dime a dozen......Pandemics---Pan---As in Panic, seem to happen about once a century.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/16/2021 at 10:36 PM, Jingthing said:

Yes the amount of time of the exposure is a key factor. Many infected people don't even know they're infected.

It's the ability of this virus to spread, whilst the host is unaware they are infected, that makes the infection rates so high. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

So, those who got vaccinated in Pattaya on the 20th-21st of May, will get their second doses on the 3rd-4th of June.

????

A typo, or a failed attempt at deception?  

17 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

So, those who got vaccinated in Pattaya on the 20th-21st of May, will get their second doses on the 3rd-4th of June.

????

Yes, they seem to not be waiting 1 to 3 months.  My partner got his first jab yesterday in Bangkok and he is booked for the second jab on June 12.  

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, newnative said:

Yes, they seem to not be waiting 1 to 3 months.  My partner got his first jab yesterday in Bangkok and he is booked for the second jab on June 12.  

Its probably all about image, they will be able to boast how many they have fully vaccinated.

16 minutes ago, newnative said:

For the second dose of Sinovac and Sinopharm, [dose intervals for] both are the same — between two weeks to four weeks — but if people come on the third week it is better than two weeks,” Angkeabos said.

https://vodenglish.news/longer-delay-recommended-between-covid-19-vaccine-doses/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

but if people come on the third week it is better than two weeks,” Angkeabos said.

Does that mean if they come on the 4th week, that is better than three weeks?  ????

2 hours ago, newnative said:

Sinovac is 3 weeks between jabs. 

Astrazeneca is 10 weeks. This is is the protocol used in Thailand. As of a minute ago when I asked my wife lol. She will be doing some jabbing tommorow at Bang Sue station. 

Edited by DavisH
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/24/2021 at 5:17 AM, jacko45k said:

Where does it say that? 

It didn't.  I was being sarcastic.

On 5/24/2021 at 5:17 AM, jacko45k said:

The point was to show that Sinovac has a shorter recommended time between doses than AZ and Pfizer.

Probably has a shorter protection time as well.  

I would not be surprised if vaccinated Thai's will need another booster before the borders open.  

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have not read that....have you?

I saw a graph posted by another member that came from the Thai media.  It showed Sinovac was second last on the list of the seven vaccinations for effectiveness. 

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I saw a graph posted by another member that came from the Thai media.  It showed Sinovac was second last on the list of the seven vaccinations for effectiveness. 

But was that duration of effectiveness as you claimed? I have not heard much about how long these vaccines protect for... although for AZ and Pfizer in the UK, a booster has been  said to be  needed.

• Like 1