Vaccinating Pattaya

TaaSaparot

19 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

How ever it was handled in the past, doesn't mean it has to be handled that way now in the face of a major pandemic.

The Fireworks Festival I went to was in the first wave... efforts were made on the beach itself... but getting there and out was a disaster. My point is I just think they are not capable of handling it.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The Fireworks Festival I went to was in the first wave... efforts were made on the beach itself... but getting there and out was a disaster. My point is I just think they are not capable of handling it.

You could be right; I don;t doubt that but I just like to look at why something could work, instead of just assuming it will not.

On 6/14/2021 at 10:00 AM, WaveHunter said:

That's precisely what should happen!  There is no safer environment for a large gathering of people than a beach, and there is certainly plenty of beach in the Pattay area to work with!  The logistics of setting up beachside venues like that would be very easy since it's often done for special events like windsurfing championships, etc.  Unfortunately, the simplicity and very logic of it is the reason it will probably never be done ????

No money to siphon off when using a free outdoor venue.  

I see Countries who have vaccinated the majority of their populations, will be announcing the plans for booster shots.

Which got me thinking about countries like Thailand, who seem to have a large gap between those who have been vaccinated and those that have not even had their first jab yet.

And sure enough, there is the news today that "The Public Health Ministry is speeding up a study looking into the need for a third Covid-19 vaccine shot for people who are fully vaccinated"

????

According to Reuters, Thailand administered an average of 237,686 doses per day last week. That's roughly half the government's own target vaccination rate, and with the number of new daily infections rising from around 2,000 per day a fortnight ago to over 3,000 per day almost every day last week and 4,000 today, they've clearly lost control of the outbreak and have been hopelessly over-optimistic about the vaccination programme. For most retired expats who have been unable to register via Mor Prom or Intervac, and who missed the queues for Moderna at some private hospitals, any hope of getting vaccinated this year as part of the national programme is rapidly disappearing due to the vaccination under-performance.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 3:24 PM, Guderian said:

According to Reuters, Thailand administered an average of 237,686 doses per day last week. That's roughly half the government's own target vaccination rate, and with the number of new daily infections rising from around 2,000 per day a fortnight ago to over 3,000 per day almost every day last week and 4,000 today, they've clearly lost control of the outbreak and have been hopelessly over-optimistic about the vaccination programme. For most retired expats who have been unable to register via Mor Prom or Intervac, and who missed the queues for Moderna at some private hospitals, any hope of getting vaccinated this year as part of the national programme is rapidly disappearing due to the vaccination under-performance.

The majority on new cases in the UK now are vaccinated people.

Once Thailand has a high percentage of vaccination among it's citizens, if it starts to open up, but leaves older expats till last for vaccination, we are sitting ducks.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The majority on new cases in the UK now are vaccinated people.

Once Thailand has a high percentage of vaccination among it's citizens, if it starts to open up, but leaves older expats till last for vaccination, we are sitting ducks.  

Exactly, we seem to be slipping between the cracks in the vaccine programme, though to be fair they are some pretty substantial cracks, lol.

In case you didn't see it, I posted this on the other Pattaya vaccine thread, which describes Pattaya's and Chonburi's plans for distributing vaccines for the foreseeable future, but nowhere does it mention elderly expats, of whom there is a substantial number in the city and province:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/24/chonburi-governor-seeking-to-open-pattaya-for-foreign-tourists-later-this-year-talks-about-bar-and-service-sector-closures/#

A couple of things struck me:

In total there are more than 1.17 million people who have registered to get a Covid-19 vaccine in Chonburi. About 15 percent of those who have registered have had at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine so far.

The Covid-19 vaccines we get available in the near future will be given to people at high-risk venues like markets and factories first to help resolve the problems in these hotspots.  Next month the Chonburi Social Security Office will receive 160,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccines for insured persons who have previously registered. Pattaya City has also ordered 100,000 doses privately which is set to be given to the elderly, those with pre-existing health conditions, and tourism industry workers to prepare to reopen later in the year.

No mention of any provisions by the authorities to vaccinate elderly and at-risk expats in the foreseeable future, then, it seems we might end up completely dependent on the private hospitals and their very limited supplies. A flight back to the UK for a few months is starting to seem more and more sensible.

• Like 2

To clarify some information regarding where you live and getting a shot.

I live in Pattaya and registered about a month ago on Intervac for a jab in Bangkok.

I had a driver take me to Bangkok yesterday and had her wait until I finished to bring me back.

The place was packed 100's of people they did their best to distance people but not easy.  It was a five stage process waiting, checking passports, confirming all your information, health check, shots.  At the information stage the nurse asked me where I live.  I thought at this point I could possibly be rejected, but she cleared me no problem when I told her Pattaya.

Anyway, it was very organized took about an hour for the entire process.

Also, there were many Falang there at least 1/3 of the people getting jabbed.

So, my point is if you register on any of the sites and it pops up for various Bangkok Hospitals option, don't think you cannot proceed with registration.   It was also well worth it for me to have a driver take me rather then additional interaction in Bangkok using the bus or a van.  Up to you but If I lived even farther away from Bangkok or whatever, I would have done the same thing get it while you can.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, thaitero said:

It  seems Sinopharm ( The other chinese vaccine) registration starts 28.6

https://sites.google.com/view/pattayaready

But only for the same people who were able to access Mor Prom, it seems, you must have been registered in a house book for at least 1 year and have a Thai ID (presumably the pink one that a few farangs have will be OK, but who knows?)

Google Translate gives:

registration form Used for people whose names are in the house registration in Pattaya for at least 1 year (up to the date of registration 28 June 2021).

In order to confirm your intention to receive Sinopharm vaccination services, you will need to confirm with your ID card again.

At the injection site when your right comes

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

To clarify some information regarding where you live and getting a shot.

I live in Pattaya and registered about a month ago on Intervac for a jab in Bangkok.

I had a driver take me to Bangkok yesterday and had her wait until I finished to bring me back.

The place was packed 100's of people they did their best to distance people but not easy.  It was a five stage process waiting, checking passports, confirming all your information, health check, shots.  At the information stage the nurse asked me where I live.  I thought at this point I could possibly be rejected, but she cleared me no problem when I told her Pattaya.

Anyway, it was very organized took about an hour for the entire process.

Also, there were many Falang there at least 1/3 of the people getting jabbed.

So, my point is if you register on any of the sites and it pops up for various Bangkok Hospitals option, don't think you cannot proceed with registration.   It was also well worth it for me to have a driver take me rather then additional interaction in Bangkok using the bus or a van.  Up to you but If I lived even farther away from Bangkok or whatever, I would have done the same thing get it while you can.

I was also at Phyathai2 yesterday. And as the previous poster, I concur it was well organised, even though a lot of people. Would tell people to arrive about 1pm, and then the process takes no more than 1 1/2 hours including the mandatory 30 minutes rest period.

2nd shot appts for Sinovac is approx 4 weeks, and 2nd shot appts for AZ is approx 10 weeks. (Mine is Sept 16th). The proof of vaccination will be given after the 2nd shot (probably a paper document).

All in all it was an efficient operation.

Other than feeling a bit tired, all is ok health wise today.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Guderian said:

No mention of any provisions by the authorities to vaccinate elderly and at-risk expats in the foreseeable future,

There was always a provision, but the door was closed to many because advice given over the years had been ridiculed.

My hospital registered me on Mor Phrom and I went first thing on 7th June.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Doesn’t appear to be open to expats.

Quite possible.

This  lot is paid by cityhall for their residents.

Foreigner is resident of Pattaya ( immigration status is irrelevant) if he/she has registered his address to city hall. So if you have yellow (thai has blue book, foreigners yellow) book from city hall, i would at least give a try.

3 minutes ago, thaitero said:

Quite possible.

This  lot is paid by cityhall for their residents.

Foreigner is resident of Pattaya ( immigration status is irrelevant) if he/she has registered his address to city hall. So if you have yellow (thai has blue book, foreigners yellow) book from city hall, i would at least give a try.

I don't have either but the translated  FAQ on their page says only foreigners with blue card.

On 6/14/2021 at 10:52 AM, jacko45k said:

I too attended the fireworks festival at the end of November 2020, hanging out in a big crowd on both nights. I thought that was the end of the covid-19 madness, but here we are 8 months later and things are worse.

28 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

here we are 8 months later and things are worse.

That's 8 months which the government squandered, spending all their time coming up with crackpot schemes for how to get foreign tourists back instead of making serious plans for the vaccine programme. They're not alone in this, quite a few of the countries that thought last year that they were able to control SARS-COV-2, or even eradicate it, made much the same mistake. Whereas countries that had made a right mess of handling the virus, like Britain, quickly realised that a rapid vaccine rollout was their best hope of getting back to some semblance of normality. And so here we are, with Thailand descending ever-deeper into the mess its government has created, while the UK is certainly not back to normal, but it's a heck of a lot better than it was in January.

• Like 1