Rally at US Embassy against alleged US interference in Thai politics

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

I would not dispute that without further research however my point in my original post is that perceived influence/interference of the USA triggers a (very small) protest but the actions of China on a daily basis seem to be ignored.

Well are you saying the Chinese have a bad influence here and is regrettable and should be objected to ? 

• Like 1

Methinks they might be on the right track protesting at the U.S. embassy but they are protesting about the wrong thing. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/04/24/coronavirus-vaccine-us-anger-inequality/

As pandemic surges anew, global envy and anger over U.S. vaccine abundance

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Well are you saying the Chinese have a bad influence here and is regrettable and should be objected to ? 

I would say thats up to the Thais given its their country.

It just strikes me as odd that people are protesting at the US embassy but not the Chinese one.

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2021 at 8:08 AM, kamahele said:

Ok but is it true in this case?

How would anyone on TVF know the answer to your question?

AFAIK there is nobody on TVF works for or is affiliated to the US Embassy, nor to the Thai government or even the protest group.

You would need to talk to somebody high ranking at the US Embassy or some very high official at the Thai MoFA. 

The answer from both of those parties would be a flat denial.

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

How would anyone on TVF know the answer to your question?

AFAIK there is nobody on TVF works for or is affiliated to the US Embassy, nor to the Thai government or even the protest group.

You would need to talk to somebody high ranking at the US Embassy or some very high official at the Thai MoFA. 

The answer from both of those parties would be a flat denial.

The US embassy does work with the mods/owners of TVF.  For a long time now.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

It just strikes me as odd that people are protesting at the US embassy but not the Chinese one.

I would say that is up to the Thais given its their country

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Excel said:

I would say that is up to the Thais given its their country

It depends on who you are talking about. The Thais that live in Thailand or the very rich HiSos who run the country the way that THEY want it run.

• Like 1

I'm always fascinated when this crops up, repeatedly.

Apart from the conspiratorial theories of the US Embassy somehow being present on TVF, which stretches the limits of credulity.

What exactly do these people think would drive the US to have any real interest in Thai politics?

It's essentially a vassal State of the PRC, and in geopolitical terms has no relevance to US policy in Asia whatsoever.

It was a useful asset during the Vietnam war, but those glory days are long since gone.

It's ironic that today Vietnam is a much more useful asset as a buttress to China in SE Asia.

So, why again should the US expend any energy in meddling in Thailand??

If someone can come up with a credible argument, I'm all ears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I few days ago Khaosod English run an opinion article, which relates to this discussion. Thai foreign ministry, which stands behind this witch-hunt against democratic thai protest movement and against supporting them foreigners in thailand, including members of a diplomatic corp, is clutching at provocation fabricating this Line discussion. Worth to check, how this private correspondence was "leaked". 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/opinion/2021/04/24/opinion-cia-agents-in-thailand-please-raise-your-hand/

Even russia controlled Brian Berletic (Land Denstroyed, Tony Cartalucci), who spreads anti-western conspiracy theories, is used by the FM as a back up for their propaganda.

For the USA, as the former informal colony through the cald war, Thailand still matters. Same for the european diplomacy. Before the 2nd ww it was british ambassador, before 1st ww it was french ambassador, who were running the country.

Yes, they openly support the democratic movement and opposition, but not as far as funding them. 

Edited by internationalism
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, internationalism said:

I few days ago Khaosod English run an opinion article, which relates to this discussion. Thai foreign ministry, which stands behind this witch-hunt against democratic thai protest movement and against supporting them foreigners in thailand, including members of a diplomatic corp, is clutching at provocation fabricating this Line discussion. Worth to check, how this private correspondence was "leaked". 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/opinion/2021/04/24/opinion-cia-agents-in-thailand-please-raise-your-hand/

Even russia controlled Brian Berletic (Land Denstroyed, Tony Cartalucci), who spreads anti-western conspiracy theories, is used by the FM as a back up for their propaganda.

For the USA, as the former informal colony through the cald war, Thailand still matters. Same for the european diplomacy. Before the 2nd ww it was british ambassador, before 1st ww it was french ambassador, who were running the country.

Yes, they openly support the democratic movement and opposition, but not as far as funding them. 

Good article addressing the conspiratorial theories, and Western interests in the past.

But once again in 2021, what would be the motivation of the US, or any Western power in engaging with Thai domestic politics.

Thailand has never been a military power that could be called on in a conflict. My God Thai military power seems unable to do anything other than be an internal suppression force.

In diplomatic issues regionally it has marginal impact compared to Singapore, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea.

So the question still remains, why exactly would the US even care what happens to the Kingdom?

And I would suggest the State Dept. has already probably thrown in the towel in terms of competing against China in Thailand in terms of influence

Many more useful allies to work with in the region than bothering to waste time in a lost cause diplomatically, and a basket case militarily 

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 3:58 AM, fasteddie said:

Yeah cos who could ever accuse the US of trying to interfere in other countries affairs, the very thought ????

Anyone who accuses the US of interfering in the affairs of another country is interfering in the affairs of the US.  555

Thailand could always do what Myanmar did: move the country's capitol and don't tell anyone the new location.

Edited by bendejo

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

Working with or working for?

In communications with embassy staff.  For a variety of reasons.  Ubon Joe is in touch with them regarding visa issues.  He does a great job helping us with this.

None work for the embassy.  I've had them at my house, actually.  Had a situation that needed their help.  And they were fantastic.  I've reached out many times over the past 20 years.  Always found the embassy staff to be great.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

In communications with embassy staff.  For a variety of reasons.  Ubon Joe is in touch with them regarding visa issues.  He does a great job helping us with this.

None work for the embassy.  I've had them at my house, actually.  Had a situation that needed their help.  And they were fantastic.  I've reached out many times over the past 20 years.  Always found the embassy staff to be great.

Completely the opposite to the British Embassy staff who don't care about the British expats at all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I know this veers a little off topic, but I would concur.

Had a couple of  incidents where I needed consular assistance, and I couldn't fault the embassy staff in their help to me.

And neither event did I suspect the consular officials helping me were covert CIA plotting to overthrow the Thai Government!  LOL

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I know this veers a little off topic, but I would concur.

Had a couple of  incidents where I needed consular assistance, and I couldn't fault the embassy staff in their help to me.

And neither event did I suspect the consular officials helping me were covert CIA plotting to overthrow the Thai Government!  LOL

About four years ago, I approached the embassy about helping with the death of a retired CIA officer. They refused to do anything. The man's body was held hostage by the Thai hospital for over two weeks. The embassy took my first couple of calls over the phone and never returned them. I finally went down there in person with a member of the man's Thai family (which I don't think you can even do anymore) and cornered one of the useless bureaucrats at the ACS window and after several hours I managed to get in and get started on the paperwork they were too busy to deal with earlier. It was a nightmare, and the US State Department couldn't have cared less. 

BTW when is TVF going to get a US Consular Team forum as it does for the British?

Edited by John Drake

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 10:59 PM, internationalism said:

"Russia controlled". LOL - Brian may be a bit biased, but he's a lot better than KhaoSod English, which is controlled by George Soros' NED. 

On 4/25/2021 at 1:24 PM, Rookiescot said:

Because there's no evidence China is involved in Thai politics. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 12:59 PM, Excel said:

Don't think Thailand is of any use to the USA any more.  Long gone are the days when they milked the yanks for money so that they could build bases to bomb the commies in Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia.  The reverse has happened now and the Thais are selling out to communist China at every opportunity. How the world changes.

That´s because the US is bankrupt, and the ever clever money grabbing Thai´s know that, and are now in alliance with the new world leader, China..

Actually, it´s always been like that - look at the money-power-elite here, their background, so it´s really not a big problem.. it´s just bizness!

56 minutes ago, internationalism said:

How it can it be associated with Soros?

Soros has been mentioned by a yellow propaganda conspiracy theory (Thailand Vision). Obviously, some people attribute  some credibility to this theory.

Anyway, It's interesting to note that Soros is targeted by both yellow conspiracy in Thailand, as well as Trumpist conspiracy theories in the US.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 10:59 PM, internationalism said:

Brian is a complete **** who spreads lies like horse manure and paid by Russian sources (he admits it). Traitor.

• Like 1

They must be mistaken.  The Democrats steadfastly accuse the Russians of interfering with the U.S.A. election so being the virtuous people they are, they would abstain for ever interfering in someone's else's politics or region.  

To verify this, all you have to do is contact, Manuel Noriega of Panama, the family of Saddam Hussein in Iraq, the family of Mohammed Pavli ( deceased Shaw) of Iran  or closer to home the family of Ngo Dinh Diem former president of Vietnam.  They will certainly attest to the USA's policy of always respecting other nations sovereignty and not interfering. 

12 hours ago, Thomas J said:

They must be mistaken.  The Democrats steadfastly accuse the Russians of interfering with the U.S.A. election so being the virtuous people they are, they would abstain for ever interfering in someone's else's politics or region.  

To verify this, all you have to do is contact, Manuel Noriega of Panama, the family of Saddam Hussein in Iraq, the family of Mohammed Pavli ( deceased Shaw) of Iran  or closer to home the family of Ngo Dinh Diem former president of Vietnam.  They will certainly attest to the USA's policy of always respecting other nations sovereignty and not interfering. 

It wasn't the democrats who accused the Russians of interference.  It was the intelligence community.  Who were ignored by Trump and his minions to help protect his potential investments there.

I do believe Hussein was attacked by republicans....LOL

On 4/25/2021 at 1:21 PM, Jingthing said:

Methinks they might be on the right track protesting at the U.S. embassy but they are protesting about the wrong thing. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/04/24/coronavirus-vaccine-us-anger-inequality/

As pandemic surges anew, global envy and anger over U.S. vaccine abundance

And, I love it. All the people who ridiculed the US and UK in the early days -- now they are begging for vaccines that our Western, mostly Anglo minds (including the Germans and Swiss and even Russians) have developed that are far superior to anything the east was able to develop. Well, with all their high maths and science scores they constantly boast about, it's amazing they could not develop competitive vaccines or other treatments.

Asia is largely an arrogant and xenophobic place. I have loved living in several Asian countries and making life-long friendships here, but it what it is.

The most hilarious bit is that it's becoming clear now that the idea China engineered this virus is gain tracking all over the world. And, now people who have been aggressively striking this down as conspiracy can no longer do so as the mainstream "reputable" medias all over the world report and investigate on this. If China created this virus, it's pathetic they could not develop a better vaccine -- not without espionage which they tried in the early days of vaccine research. They are copiers, as always and have stolen their way to near the top. That is not respectable.

Let the Thais and others (and some EU countries) develop their own vaccines - or wait patiently and silently.

Edited by Fex Bluse
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 7:11 AM, Jeffr2 said:

It wasn't the democrats who accused the Russians of interference.  It was the intelligence community.  Who were ignored by Trump and his minions to help protect his potential investments there.

I do believe Hussein was attacked by republicans....LOL

You have very "selected"  memory of what occurred.  The "intelligence community"  Of course one needs not mention that it was the Obama administration in office at the time.  Also that Hillary Clinton and the DNC financed a dossier on Trump accusing him of colluding with the Russians.  And you are dead wrong that the Democrats did not accuse the Russians of interfere ring to help Trump That was all part of their efforts to discredit Trump.  It was also that same "intelligence community" that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. 

As to Hussein, yes you are correct.  It was a Republican.  If you read the post it was describing how the USA has under both Democrats such as Lyndon Johnson, in Vietnam and Bush in Iraq and lets not forget Obama funding anti-Netanyahu election efforts plus using US jets to back the defeat of Mu'ammar Al-Qadhdhāfī in Syria.  It is truly the pot calling the kettle black when the USA decries interfering in the politics and regimes of other countries.  

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/07/24/democrats-say-russia-is-working-to-help-donald-trump-get-elected.html

image.png.80d5779de0bcdb20b823f6f400cd8050.png

Edited by Thomas J