Thailand negotiating to buy 5-10 million doses of Pfizer vaccine: PM

snoop1130

46 minutes ago, sirineou said:

They are waiting for the producing countries to be vaccinated so that they can buy the vaccine a fire sale prices. 

It is as simple as that. 

More likely they are organising where and how 30% of the publicly declared cost is going to be deposited

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

555, I don't believe one word this man says, its all propaganda to keep the population quite, and make them think the government is doing something, 

They have been negotiating deals with vaccine manufacturers for a year now, according to them, and yet we get a dribble of deliveries, and the proof is that only 1% of the population has been vacciated todate, this Government is pathetic, and either hasn't got the money to purchase vaccine or doesn't want to spend the money on the population... 

Spot on could not agree more at the bottom of the pile for administering vaccine .at the top of the pile for death and destruction on the roads .

Sugest try to ramp up production of AZ vaccine as this is not sufficient for vaccinating Thai population. Unfortunately delay in vaccination programme is going to mean loss of peak tourist season for at least one more year

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They are negotiating they haven't even ordered the vaccine why have they left it so late I know they thought we were all immune from getting Covid and decided to spend the money on Chinese super fast trains . There is no way that should they come to an agreement to purchase they will have the first batch by July unless they are talking about July 2022 ☹️☹️☹️☹️

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

takes 3 jabs so not many. 2 then 6 months later 1, and then they say every year an additional jab. This BS is a lifetime thing.

when i went to get my flu jab, last year, for the first time, the nurse stated that in the future the covid vaccine will be Incorporated into it each year.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, sirineou said:

Good news. As more and more Americans get vaccinated, very soon The Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J production will become available to the world. Good to be negotiating now so that they are at the front of the line. 

Front of the line, when looking at it from the back of the line...

14 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Five to ten million doses, so, who gets the Pfizer and who gets the Chinese gunk???

If I was to guess I would say the Pfizer will be getting sold privately. ????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, d2b2 said:

That line began forming last year, we are surely at the back of an already long and winding queue

Negotiations change as supply and demand changes. When the US needed every dose , there was one set of negotiating criteria, as the demand decreases and supply increases , it is time to renegotiate. Don't you think? 

10 hours ago, Lingba said:

whats there to negotiate...if you care about your people just get it

The better price they get the more in the leaders pocket, yes they don't care about their people. Every delay is to allow the manufacturing of the AZ here to catch up to their time line?  July? 

Edited by thailand49

4 minutes ago, starky said:

Spanish flu seems to have done quite well so yes covid is with us forever in one variant form or another, which is the main reason we need to be able to learn how to live with it cos that's what we will be doing.

You actually just disproved your own statement, while the flu itself is still with us, the Spanish flu has never returned.  While the Coronavirus may still be with us a long time, the specific variant that causes Covid may never return after herd immunity is reached. "one variant form or another" is the critical point, not all variants may caused Covid.

6 hours ago, shdmn said:

AstraZeneca is cheaper to make and not selling for a profit. 

From the manufacturers. As to what will happen further down the supply chain we will have to wait and see. There may be significant logistical, administrative and no doubt other costs which will have to be recouped.

22 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Negotiations change as supply and demand changes. When the US needed every dose , there was one set of negotiating criteria, as the demand decreases and supply increases , it is time to renegotiate. Don't you think? 

In an ordinary market that would be true, but with life saving medical supplies and an entire planet scrambling to obtain the limited resources, the simplistic view of supply and demand is not really functional. The reserved orders, which have yet to be filled,  puts Thailand’s recent interest in obtaining doses at the end of the line. Any further hiccups or delays in the supply will only serve to put the Thais further behind. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, d2b2 said:

In an ordinary market that would be true, but with life saving medical supplies and an entire planet scrambling to obtain the limited resources, the simplistic view of supply and demand is not really functional. The reserved orders, which have yet to be filled,  puts Thailand’s recent interest in obtaining doses at the end of the line. Any further hiccups or delays in the supply will only serve to put the Thais further behind. 

Which is why you need to negotiate your place in the cue 

15 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Five to ten million doses, so, who gets the Pfizer and who gets the Chinese gunk???

Careful what you wish for, the so called "Pfizer vaccine" could come from Fosun. Of course the Chinese clinical trials would be so much better under the Biontech umbrella, more socially acceptable.

https://investors.biontech.de/news-releases/news-release-details/biontech-and-fosun-pharma-form-covid-19-vaccine-strategic

14 hours ago, Blumpie said:

What is this?  Innoculations against 2.5 or 5 million people, that's it.  You need to jabs for it.

This is nothing.  

This isn't even a start.  This is ridiculous.

But this is Thailand

11 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Which is why you need to negotiate your place in the cue 

Okay you wait while this exceptional team of Thai government officials negotiate your access to the vaccines.  I am going to seek mine through a private stream. Good luck. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Careful what you wish for, the so called "Pfizer vaccine" could come from Fosun. Of course the Chinese clinical trials would be so much better under the Biontech umbrella, more socially acceptable.

https://investors.biontech.de/news-releases/news-release-details/biontech-and-fosun-pharma-form-covid-19-vaccine-strategic

I wish for nothing! I WILL receive the Astrazeneca vaccine!

40 minutes ago, starky said:

If I was to guess I would say the Pfizer will be getting sold privately. ????

There is probably something in that.

People forget that when Pfizer hit the UK there was a delay as regulatory approval was drawn up on the distribution procedure, even included how the packages were broken down.

It is almost certain that vaccine will only be available at hospitals of a certain standard and relatively close to an airport.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Enlighten us, what should be the real delivery timeframe.

If they seriously want to stop the pandemic spreading among Thai people and get tourism going again then as soon as possible.

Prayuts procurement programme was centered  around buying minimal vaccines and wait for Bio Science to start production.

Two time frames that are patently not working.

• Like 1