Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Thai police to crackdown on private parties and illegal gatherings


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The public have also been encouraged to report any illegal parties or gatherings.

So if "Dick" and "James" drinking Chang together they gathering and should be busted.

But when guys go "fishing" middle of day whit 10 bottles of Lao khao they try get food on table!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Can someone explain to me why they can not do both things at once please,

It's like walking and chewing gum, too hard, one thing at a time please!

 

 

Edited by PatOngo
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

And here was me thinking that they had been doing this for the past year or so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police in red zone areas, which include Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin and Chiang Mai have even been told to halt manning drunk driving checkpoints in order to prioritise stopping private parties and social gatherings.

Ideal for the driver who prefers to drink alone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, pattjock said:

The only rule I have seen regarding this is no gatherings of 50 people and more.

 

Is it OK for 5 to 6 people to get together for a few beers in a private home?

Its a bit hard to keep up with the current rules, given that all three levels of government are issuing rules, National, provincial and local.

You may only see the provincial rules and not the local or national rules.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

It's like walking and chewing gum, too hard, one thing at a time please!

 

 

Ah yes, they could trip and fall, wouldn't want that now would we.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Ideal for the driver who prefers to drink alone.

So then he would be like George Thorogood, and he drinks along, ah with nobody else....except his good friends, Johnny and Blackie, and .....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pattaya Plod have been conspicuously absent for over a year.  After all the overtime accrued sitting staring at their phones during Songkran, I would be surprised to see them out after dark let alone on foot.  These rumours of perambulatory, nocturnal excursions is a surefire recipe for heart attacks after a lifetime without excercise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Pattaya Plod have been conspicuously absent for over a year.  After all the overtime accrued sitting staring at their phones during Songkran, I would be surprised to see them out after dark let alone on foot.  These rumours of perambulatory, nocturnal excursions is a surefire recipe for heart attacks after a lifetime without excercise.

Do they still have their "foreign volunteers" - they may welcome the chance to raid the dressing up box and waddle around town!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So no helicopter rides then?

 

 

I think they are probably broken.

 

Your post reminds me that I haven't seen one or heard one for ages. They used to be quite common up here, what with the border around the Golden Triangle. The helicopter shed at the Border Patrol Police base in Mae Chan has been empty for ages, and the one tied to the ground behind the guardroom at the local barracks has weeds growing over the skids!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pattjock said:

The only rule I have seen regarding this is no gatherings of 50 people and more.

 

Is it OK for 5 to 6 people to get together for a few beers in a private home?

Absolutely Not

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police in red zone areas, which include Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin and Chiang Mai have even been told to halt manning drunk driving checkpoints in order to prioritise stopping private parties and social gatherings.

Oh well they lasted about a week, better than nothing I suppose. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha ha ha , they will Police this like they do ( not ) police, Ilegal gambling Dens, Casinos, Pubs , other places  as long as the envelopes keep coming.

The RTP have shown they can not even  police themselves. 

 

Thanks for the Morning laugh !

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I think they are probably broken.

 

Your post reminds me that I haven't seen one or heard one for ages. They used to be quite common up here, what with the border around the Golden Triangle. The helicopter shed at the Border Patrol Police base in Mae Chan has been empty for ages, and the one tied to the ground behind the guardroom at the local barracks has weeds growing over the skids!

 They are still operational when Dignities and Royalty are Visiting.Occasionally For drug curriers also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Do they still have their "foreign volunteers" - they may welcome the chance to raid the dressing up box and waddle around town!

The pompous look at me I am a volunteer boy, but I have POWER....not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this a new rule? Thought only not allowed 50 plus people?

 

There are still parties going on in our area. Loud one last night the usual banging base and off key singing. Also had the flashing lights going...but no police came to stop it.  Also have seen the old farmers and some younger guys drinking quite openly at the ma and pa shops.  

 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Is this a new rule? Thought only not allowed 50 plus people?

 

There are still parties going on in our area. Loud one last night the usual banging base and off key singing. Also had the flashing lights going...but no police came to stop it.  Also have seen the old farmers and some younger guys drinking quite openly at the ma and pa shops.  

 

 

Ah the new covid cluster coming to a Ban near you I see.  Stay safe Sir.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai police say they're stepping up enforcement of COVID-19-related public health orders immediately, taking particular aim at private parties and social gatherings

So how did the huge wedding party in Suphan buri get to go ahead without the knowledge of the Thai police?

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see  that they are taking this seriously.

This is certainly not a time to be partying. 

It only takes a few careless people to spread the virus onto millions of others. 

But i wish they would also take traffic violations as seriously as this! 

Edited by Kaopad999
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...