Thai police to crackdown on private parties and illegal gatherings

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So how did the huge wedding party in Suphan buri get to go ahead without the knowledge of the Thai police?

They should be punished. 
They certainly should NOT be above the law.

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If they drove around 'listening for parties', they'd be stopping at every other house due to the volume of the music.

Or the volume of the  TV ..

Especially when watching Thai soaps 

Edited by Kaopad999

So business as usual.. Police won't do anything. By complaining the answer always is .. They have the right to make a party... so no problem. Especally when kids of the Phu Baan / police offers or mayors of the tessabaan or amphur are involved...With Songkran near my house a party made by a bunch of boys to celebrate songkran.. Nobody did anything. Ok it were less than 50 kids, but IMO i think Covid can be spread if there 20 together too...anyway.... If they only did their job Thailand would be much better.. But that is an illusion

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Can someone explain to me why they can not do both things at once please, instead of a checkpoint maybe drive around and while listening for the parties they may find a drunk driving away from one.  Well arrest him and then go take down the party.  Guess that is to hard.....sigh

I totally agree with you.

However, this is Thailand, and multi tasking is not a strong point here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozz1 said:

but go to the shopping centre where there is hundreds of people thats ok these guys are a joke

During the height of shutdowns the shopping centres dont have hundreds of people, they are shutdown except the supermarket for essentials. 

I think you will find, if not already, we will be in that level of shutdown again very soon.

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ah the new covid cluster coming to a Ban near you I see.  Stay safe Sir.

We are in Chiang Mai, San Sai district, which has the highest number of cases outside the city center.  Maybe the behaviour of some of its residents explains why that is. 

9 hours ago, pattjock said:

The only rule I have seen regarding this is no gatherings of 50 people and more.

Is it OK for 5 to 6 people to get together for a few beers in a private home?

I have read nothing to suggest that this is not allowed, on private premises.

Gatherings in public places, in Prachuabkhirikhan for sure, are not allowed, regardless of numbers, unless a traditional event such as a wedding, ordination, funeral etc. and authorised by District Disease Control Operation Center and complies with the criteria and conditions required by the Office of Public Health for PrachuabKhiriKhan Province.

It's all in the order dated 13th April issued by the office of the Governor of Prachuabkhirikhan Province. 

On 4/21/2021 at 7:17 AM, pattjock said:

The only rule I have seen regarding this is no gatherings of 50 people and more.

Is it OK for 5 to 6 people to get together for a few beers in a private home?

Correct, not like the wedding party in Suphan buri with about 500 guests...