Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Foreigners reminded to follow disease prevention guidelines


Recommended Posts

I assume that the power boys in Bangkok have reminded their electorate as well as their ministerial representatives of the very same protocol - or am I getting this wrong again? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

 

Hi

 

Yes, it is aimed at foreigners. In particular, there were three, well documented large scale parties over two days in Phuket just before the New Year holidays. The parties were attended by large groups from Bangkok and elsewhere, as well as many hundreds of local foreigners. After the Covid outbreak, those foreigners wee asked to present their time lines as well as presnt themselves for Covid test. This many, I guess for obvious reasons, did not do.

 

That is why it is in English and one of the reasons it is aimed at foreigners.

Yet the same parties were certainly registered and approved by local authorities who could have easily stepped in and prevented all of this Phuket cluster. Don't blame the party goers. What was first, Hen or Egg?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CLW said:

Yet the same parties were certainly registered and approved by local authorities who could have easily stepped in and prevented all of this Phuket cluster. Don't blame the party goers. What was first, Hen or Egg?

Totally agree

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You assume right; this reminder is in English and not aimed at the Thai electorate.  They get lectured in their own language.

Do they ? They should just put it in many languages and warn everybody to do so , not just single out foreigners . E-mail and phone call ?? They really do this with Thai as well ?? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Me think the problem is NOT with the foreigners, if only THAI People would follow those guidelines things would be different, and not only for Phuket...

I have just returned from Big C, around 25% of Thai shoppers were not wearing masks inside the store. Of the remaining 75% a large number were wearing masks incorrectly, ie. providing hammocks for slack jaws!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ImageDude said:

I have just returned from Big C, around 25% of Thai shoppers were not wearing masks inside the store. Of the remaining 75% a large number were wearing masks incorrectly, ie. providing hammocks for slack jaws!

But always good to see the government blaming foreigners for everything instead of putting their own house in order. What's next? Blaming foreigners for traffic accidents because we drive according to the rules and common sense not "Thai Style"?

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, webfact said:

A reminder was issued today (Apr 20) by Phuket Immigration for foreigners to continue to comply and cooperate with COVID-19 health and safety measures and investigations.

Translated:

We know you da*m foreigners are dirty, don't take showers, and wear dirty cloths, so Nanny-Thailand will remind you: 
Clean up your act or else!  You've been warned farang!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Nice to be watched!

I'm surprised that GPS ankle brackets haven't been mandated yet for expats.  Well, never say never.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ImageDude said:

I have just returned from Big C, around 25% of Thai shoppers were not wearing masks inside the store. Of the remaining 75% a large number were wearing masks incorrectly, ie. providing hammocks for slack jaws!

Really.  What province?  Big C Lamphun is about 98% mask compliant.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Previously, we were informed that foreigners had not fully cooperated with disease prevention measures such as testing or quarantining when they were high-risk individuals,” Lt Col Sapha Jitlang of Phuket Immigration told The Phuket News this afternoon.

“Some foreigners had not revealed their timelines either as requested to,” he added."

You mean just like the majority of Thai's - right?
But this IS xenophobia-central, so focus the spotlight on foreigners and ignore the "log in your own eye" to wax Biblical.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the government and authorities over us are watching us, then who is watching them? Their people and their government put this country at the utmost highest risk. How about not waiting for a certain vaccine of AZ to be rolled out here. Whoops, too late now! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We came up from the red zone to Issan about two weeks ago. Haven't done my TM30 yet. Gonna tell them we've been quarantined in the moo ban. The poo yai ban recorded all our info and has been coming by to check temperatures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ImageDude said:

have just returned from Big C, around 25% of Thai shoppers were not wearing masks inside the store. Of the remaining 75% a large number were wearing masks incorrectly, ie. providing hammocks for slack jaws!

 

2 hours ago, connda said:

Really.  What province?  Big C Lamphun is about 98% mask compliant.

 

There are serious doubts about efficacy of face masks and concerns of negative effects

 

The existing scientific evidences challenge the safety and efficacy of wearing facemask as preventive intervention for COVID-19. The data suggest that both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to block human-to-human transmission of viral and infectious disease such SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, supporting against the usage of facemasks. Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects. These include hypoxia, hypercapnia, shortness of breath, increased acidity and toxicity, activation of fear and stress response, rise in stress hormones, immunosuppression, fatigue, headaches, decline in cognitive performance, predisposition for viral and infectious illnesses, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. Long-term consequences of wearing facemask can cause health deterioration, developing and progression of chronic diseases and premature death. Governments, policy makers and health organizations should utilize prosper and scientific evidence-based approach with respect to wearing facemasks, when the latter is considered as preventive intervention for public health.

 

Facemasks in the COVID-19 era/ A health hypothesis.webarchive

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Link does not work???  but you can find it on the NCBI  or PMC website (US National Library of Medicine/National Institute of Health)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 10:50 AM, CLW said:

Yet the same parties were certainly registered and approved by local authorities who could have easily stepped in and prevented all of this Phuket cluster. Don't blame the party goers. What was first, Hen or Egg?

Hen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 8:38 PM, pikao said:

 

 

There are serious doubts about efficacy of face masks and concerns of negative effects

 

The existing scientific evidences challenge the safety and efficacy of wearing facemask as preventive intervention for COVID-19. The data suggest that both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to block human-to-human transmission of viral and infectious disease such SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, supporting against the usage of facemasks. Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects. These include hypoxia, hypercapnia, shortness of breath, increased acidity and toxicity, activation of fear and stress response, rise in stress hormones, immunosuppression, fatigue, headaches, decline in cognitive performance, predisposition for viral and infectious illnesses, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. Long-term consequences of wearing facemask can cause health deterioration, developing and progression of chronic diseases and premature death. Governments, policy makers and health organizations should utilize prosper and scientific evidence-based approach with respect to wearing facemasks, when the latter is considered as preventive intervention for public health.

 

Facemasks in the COVID-19 era/ A health hypothesis.webarchive

 

"The existing scientific evidences" - Sources please.

"Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects." Demonstrated by who? When? Where?

 
noun
plural noun: hypotheses
  1. a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.
     
    In other words, just someone's uninformed opinion!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...