Chauvin Guilty....

I didn't realize it at the time, but most of the nay-sayers over the last 24 hours are not speaking their minds..  they are regurgitating Frozen Fish Stick guy and Blockhead Hannity's talking points..  Headlines are "Far right erupts in incandescent rage to verdict" continuing the Maga narrative that the "fix was in" and "not a legitimate verdict"..

But they are feeling the heat and being called out for being the racists they are.. I just did it myself yesterday for one of the more out there anti BLM posts. The target was only too willing to accept that label..

America has big bigly problems.. Another police killing yesterday. The next Chauvin caught on video (his own body-cam and witness' cell phone videos  pumping multiple rounds into a teenage girl with zero attempt at de-escalation.

Said policeman later shown standing around with that deer in the headlights look on his face. No prizes for guessing what his inner dialogue was..

Big protests in the last year.. Not stopping anytime soon. Been happening sporadically for the last 50 years. Whenever the people being targeted and too often killed by America's police forces, can't stand it any longer..

When do the nay-sayers realize that 99.5 per cent of the black people in America are the descendants of unwilling immigrants(i.e. slaves).. Kidnapped from their homes across the ocean and dragged to America to do the heavy lifting in building the country. They even built the White House!! They endured generations of misery. Only a vicious civil war ended this practice..

You will notice that there are almost no black illegals clamoring to enter the USA. They would have to be insane..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Perhaps with such a dysfunctional police force, this is a good thing.  This has been a problem there for a long time.  You are aware of this truth, aren't you?

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2020/6/11/the-minneapolis-police-department-has-a-long-history-of-brutality

The Minneapolis police department has a long history of brutality

I know because as a local reporter I covered it for five years and discovered the lengths it would go to to conceal it.

264 cops killed in the line of duty 2020. That's my truth.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

264 cops killed in the line of duty 2020. That's my truth.

200 plus civilians killed so far this year by police.

Perhaps if the US had better gun control regulations this wouldn't be happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And how about this when moaning about illegals..

How can you fail to notice that almost all are indigenous or partly indigenous people from Mexico and Central America. The descendants of the original peoples of the New World. That's right. The people who were here for thousands of years before the Johny-come-lately white folk arrived to dispossess them through force of arms and began drawing lines on a paper map..

• Like 1

From the rules for the forum: 
This sub forum is for "Topics and events" of broad national interest from the  home country" if you are going to post information from other sources please ensure you abide by "fair use" policy of headline and 3 lines of text and the source link. NO POLITICAL discussions.