New Thai "Vaccine Passport" revealed

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The new so-called Thai "Vaccine Passport" has been revealed in an announcement in the Government Gazette.

The document features only English language on its front page stating that it is issued by the Department of Disease Control of the Ministry of Public Health. 

There is the garuda emblem then space for the person it is issued to, passport or National ID number. 

Sanook reported that inside there is a listing of when the first and second dose of vaccine was administered, which one it was and a stamp.

It states that the vaccine must be one approved by the Thai or WHO authorities. 

It warns that there must be no crossings out or alternations/imperfections.

This was announced by Opas Kanwinpong on the 16th of April. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-21

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

The document features only English language on its front page stating that it is issued by the Department of Disease Control of the Ministry of Public Health. 

Assuming that ALL Thai people can read English, this document will be helpful, but since NOT ALL Thai people can read what it says on the card, what is it good for than?...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, internationalism said:

will be issued only for those travelling abroad.

but if not connected to a database, this will be just a piece of carton paper with stamps, which can be very easy to forge.

I don't think international airlines and foreign countries will be accepting such poor document.

Why not to wait for the WHO guidelines and the other international organisations, like IATA. Many of them were planning those vax passports for long.

Especially, that in thailand very, very few people are vaccinated.

It's just a falstart 

Because the Thai government always now best

Edited by Excel
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, internationalism said:

don't think international airlines and foreign countries will be accepting such poor document.

It looks easy to forge so I would agree. Why not a chipped plastic card instead? 

Edited by Phuketshrew
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, wasabi said:

I bet 2 copies of this will be needed at immigration. They will include a half functioning website to go with it and some mysterious bureaucratic process that results in fines.

why? my yellow card which lists vaccinations has no "website" to back it up>
why would a covid passport book have one?

I would venture to say EVERYIONE who gets the vaccine would  be issued this card, booklet as it shows you got your shots, which vaccine and when..

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Why not to wait for the WHO guidelines and the other international organisations, like IATA.

Indeed. IATA still expects "a larger deployment" of its own plan before the end of April. "Many airline partners will be integrating IATA Travel Pass within their own app" - https://www.iata.org/en/youandiata/travelers/iata-travel-pass-for-travelers/

[edit: THAI Airways is one of the airlines listed. Bet government doesn't know, though]

Note that IATA says any such pass would be free to passengers. I'm currently offering copies of the Thai version at a very special price............

Edited by Disparate Dan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

It looks easy to forge so I would agree. Why not a chipped plastic card instead? 

they don't have imagination, skills.

just showing off that they are proactive.

this passport will never be used by travellers, because there would be better alternatives.

They would have to wait at check in, at the borders, to be verified. If any small problem they would be barred from travel. So not worth risk, even if will be given free

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I have an vaccination passport for many years already. Hope I can use that. It is international recognised 

When I started working internationally in O&G in the early 90's we had to go to the clinic in Edmonton. We would tell them where in the world we were going and had vaccine boosters and updates that everyone should have plus some area specific one added in.

Polio booster, you should have one every 10 years

for Thailand I got JEV, Diphtheria,

For Africa, Yellow fever

Russia, had to have a blood test to prove AIDS free

I can't remember the rest but I had a card in the back of my passport with the booster types, inoculation dates and signed by the administrating doctor. It was about 8 or so, all with multiple injections.

I remember coming from Africa back to Thailand and if I didn't show proof of a Yellow fever inoculation it would have been off to the hospital for one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

but if not connected to a database, this will be just a piece of carton paper with stamps, which can be very easy to forge.

I don't think international airlines and foreign countries will be accepting such poor document.

Why not to wait for the WHO guidelines and the other international organisations, like IATA. Many of them were planning those vax passports for long.

Especially, that in thailand very, very few people are vaccinated.

It's just a falstart 

They will accept if there is a number to check in a data base, I think. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Sanook reported that inside there is a listing of when the first and second dose of vaccine was administered, which one it was and a stamp

Exactly and you'll likely be needing anual updates for new variants in order to travel. Welcome to the future.

6 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

no no no, has to be a chip inserted within the host and connected to a world wide data base! Needed to travel, enter stores, drive a vehicle, buy food, rent a room, collect funds from your account, etc.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Partenavia said:

More importantly will Thailand accept foreign vaccine passports, which probably would not have the obligatory stamp, so loved by Thai bureaucracy. Pretty pointless exercise without international approval. 

If you want to travel to Thailand frequently, it's better to get one from Thailand.

How will immigration know whether these foreign vaccine passports are fake or genuine?

• Confused 1

Many states and the US government do not have and say they won't have a vaccine passport and unless the vaccine is one approved by the nation a Thai will visit, I don't think this Thai document will mean anything to the arrival folks.  I as an old fart have had several of the "yellow" vaccine documents that were recognized around the world but not sure what this new document would do for me as the vaccines the Thais are currently using are not approved by the US at this time.