Thailand reports 1,458 new COVID-19 cases, 2 new deaths

webfact

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

How on earth can you say this. The gov't itself said they are turning people away from tests because 

they can't handle it.

Right. If we're going by these reports, they are turning away people who don't have symptoms in favour of testing those who do. And in testing those who do have symptoms, on the 19th of April they are getting a positivity rate of 10.3%. 

And we know that around 30% of Covid cases are asymptomatic. If testing is missing a huge number of cases then the positivity rate of those with symptoms has to be much, much higher than 10.3%.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Stable numbers indeed. Everyday. One wonders why.

Maybe a rationing of the " in short supply " testing kits, or no staff to test, or no lab to check, although Thailand has 270 of those with a capacity to check 61 Million Tests per day.

Or .............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

This now makes the third vaccine that has caused blood clots in vaccinated folks.  To say it was from a contaminated vaccine makes absolutely no sense to me unless their is not a firm secure location the vaccines are being stored at under security.  It is my understanding that quality control is of the utmost for safety, that's according to the good PM himself when it comes to why the vaccine rollout is moving the way it is.  A contaminated vaccine lot needs to be researched and the vials themselves inspected to ensure there was no tampering.  Let me guess, those vials after use were disposed of instead of being stored in containers just as a precaution since these vaccines are emergency vaccines that are not tried and true after being tested and used for a number of years.  Hoping this is not a continued pattern, AZ, J&J, now Sinovac each one an inactive virus/Adenovirus vaccine and not an MRNA vaccine like Moderna and Pfizer.  Lets hope the issue with Sinovac is determined before it gets sidelined and Thailand's vaccination rollout stalls completely.

Apparently, all these so called " Clotting " cases were in a relatively small Geographic area.

6 were in Rayong, and One in Chonburi ( Siracha )

And all recovered immediately after being given some kind of medication by Staff.

Has to be a fairy tale Story

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Apparently, all these so called " Clotting " cases were in a relatively small Geographic area.

And all recovered immediately after being given some kind of medication by Staff.

Must have been administered one of the types of clot buster drugs, also known as thrombolytic therapy, which are a type of heart medication given in the hospital through an IV which help to break up blood clots. Heart attack and ischemic stroke are the two main conditions that clot busters are used for.  They could have also been administered an Anticoagulant drug to help dissolve blood clots by preventing them from getting bigger and allowing the body’s natural defenses to actually shrink the clot. Coumadin, aspirin and heparin are all used to prevent clots from getting bigger.  Seriously clots can cause more than just paralysis, which is the start of a stroke.

31 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Not exclusive to Thailand, also in Hong Kong

"Two more people have died and nine others experienced facial paralysis after receiving vaccinations for the coronavirus, experts monitoring vaccinations in Hong Kong have revealed."

"Previously, seven people had died following Sinovac jabs,"

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/two-more-people-die-nine-095220395.html

1 hour ago, smedly said:

It comes down to a variation of reporting 

Every country in the world is 14 months into this

The UK still testing over a million a day - how does that compare to Thailands "hub of jokes" not to mention their vaccine rollout, so you think it is down to financials - really ? 

give me a break 

Thailand is doing the best it can with the monetary and healthcare resources it has available...and doing a darn site better than ???????? (4.4M cases and 127k deaths). As you say, a country with a similar population and vastly more resources.

Screenshot_20210421-163903_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9b009ae561e335039cd9c1da85173eee.jpg

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

Utterly meaningless figures with no real context. The WHO uses 7 day averages and 7 day positivity rates to extrapolate trends. Let's see them.

Anything over 5% of positivity rates is considered out of control.

Given Thailand isn't in lockdown and crowds are still meeting indoors then the rates can only go one way.

Can people please think before they post.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Oho!

Something is not correct in this story.

On the one hand we are told that this spread like wildfire in 20 days from a single nightlife area out to every province in the country and then on the other hand we are told this seemingly ultra virulent strain just miraculously stabilised without growing any further.

Either this did not start on the 22nd March and was already widespread in the community OR the numbers are low due to inadequate testing.

Or maybe you leave your Computer for a minute to have a look on the streets to see that Thai people, unlike some of their Western counterparts, have the self-discipline and decency to follow the guidance and stay at home. But I guess some people‘s lives are too boring without some conspiracy theories. 

Thailand is lucky or ???.  But they need to ramp up the vaccinations stat.

Here in the US we're still getting 60-70,000 cases reported per day.  Over 300,000 cases were reported one day alone in January.  31 million cases and over 500K deaths. 

13 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Stable numbers indeed. Everyday. One wonders why.

I have a new data point: Chonburi has announced plans to test 1000 people a day for 3 weeks. That means if 100 new cases are announced in Chonburi, it comes from 1000 tests = a positivity rate of 10%. 

10 hours ago, Naguu said:

My wife have fever, skin symptoms, runny nose, fatigue, etc. Very common Covid19 symptoms.  Yesterday she said she wanted to take the Covid19 test ... Well today he went to do the test ... price 500 bath.  You can guess if he did the test or not.  Even if she has these symptoms it doesn’t stop her to go to treat our girl who is on a ventilator in the hospital.  I think anyone with symptoms like this should take the Covid19 test for free and she must not be allowed to go inside the hospital.

Your girl is in on a ventilator? With Covid? I am very sorry to hear that. I hope she recovers quickly. All the best to you and your family.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, mbenson said:

Your girl is in on a ventilator? With Covid? I am very sorry to hear that. I hope she recovers quickly. All the best to you and your family.

She is on a ventilator for other reasons, not Covid19. Thank you for your kind words. 

20 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yes the incubation period is UP TO 14 days but the vast majority of infected people will show symptoms 3-4 days after infection (if symptomatic). I used my deductive superpowers to figure out that if the entire family waited around for 3 days before scurring off to a hospital to be tested they weren't all struggling to breathe or suffering from raging fevers.

5-10 days after the appearance of symptoms seems to be the critical period when the infected are most likely to need emergency care.  I guess it just adds to the thrill and suspense of having COVID - "I don't feel too bad right now but what about next week??"

Clinical progression and outcomes of 260 patients with severe COVID-19: an observational study

"The median time from initial onset of symptoms to hospital admission was 8 days (IQR 6.0–11.0)."

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-82943-5