COVID patients who refuse treatment in field hospitals face legal action

webfact

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Would you be happy going to a ‘field facility’ and risking exposure to further variants when mixing with others who have tested positive ????

For asymptomatic people there is no reason to isolate anywhere other than at home (and the whole household isolates). 

So then what is the point in having field hospitals at all then? 
Surely the point being is so that general hospitals don't run out of beds?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Good question: 

The point of ‘field hospitals’ is to provide facilities in the event that hospitals become full of unwell patients, an overflow facility in much the same way the Nightingale Hospitals were set up in the UK but have never been used. 

In Thailand, these are not field hospitals, they are field isolation facilities....   they are used to forcefully isolate those who have tested positive, when those same people could isolate at home.

Obviously, the ‘field isolation facilities’ are a good measure for those who cannot isolate in their own homes (i.e. shared housing etc), but for those who live in a house with separate rooms or with their own accommodation, room etc... they can easily self isolate. 

Thus: The issue is not about providing isolation, but about pushing all the positive cases together so its easier to police >>> ultimately the government know their enforcement is pathetic and need to take these additional measures. 

Just out of interest, would the same rules apply to foreigners if they are tested positive? for example Would they be ushered to one of these field hospitals, or would we  have to stay in an  expensive private  hospital? 

4 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Just out of interest, would the same rules apply to foreigners if they are tested positive? for example Would they be ushered to one of these field hospitals, or would we  have to stay in an  expensive private  hospital? 

They are being required to go where they have spsce. It could be a field hospital. The cost may be 100k baht.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Excel said:

Yes they are and as you should realise by now all of the Elite and HISOs are above the law.

Strange you gave me a "sad" when what I said is born out by everyday reports, here and elsewhere and has been the case for centuries.  Still I suppose, live in cave and you see very little.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:
  47 minutes ago, smedly said:

and for those that are being refused tests because they have no symptoms - what about them ?

The Thai government knows very well that the majority have no symptoms, they have for a very long time. Following their strategy with targeted testing, I don't think any asymptomatic who has been near an identified risk or in a risk area is being refused.

As you say so, provide evidence please 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Confused 3