COVID patients who refuse treatment in field hospitals face legal action

webfact

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

This really angers me.

I wonder what their reasons were for refusing.. Thinking that they're above the law, or what? 

If someone is asymptomatic why shouldn't they be allowed to stay at home? it frees up beds for people that actually need them.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nismooo said:

No but i would have thought about that already and not expose myself in the first place of either going to bars/parties, mixing with people that dont wear masks etc. 

So for these people, being forced to field hospitals are fine with me. 

For others that got infected without being careless they would isolate at home if they lived alone and would not risk others in that building. Not really sure how they would access food though without any risk. 

Not saying this would work at all in real life but in my perfect world it would. ????

Sorry but you talk through your nether regions you don’t have to go to a bar or entertainment venue to get exposed it could happen in your local 7 / 11 no place i or person is immune from this virus the government have had 15 months to plan the worst scenario they e done sweet FA just spewed out verbal diarrhoea every day hoping the general public would swallow it they would rather spend the money on getting high speed trains from the Chinese ruling party they need to wake up before they end up like Brazil or India with 1,000s of deaths e en the Thai crematoriums couldn’t cope 

Edited by crazykopite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

The Thai government knows very well that the majority have no symptoms, they have for a very long time. Following their strategy with targeted testing, I don't think any asymptomatic who has been near an identified risk or in a risk area is being refused.

As you say so, provide evidence please 

It wasn't me who made that statement. 

1 minute ago, window said:

If someone is asymptomatic why shouldn't they be allowed to stay at home? it frees up beds for people that actually need them.

It's about preventing the spread not about treatment for most infected. The Thai government is going with the Chinese model.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Excel said:

Strange you gave me a "sad" when what I said is born out by everyday reports, here and elsewhere and has been the case for centuries.  Still I suppose, live in cave and you see very little.

Eh?
My response with a sad face literally meant i find it a sad state of affair that these people can get away  with what they want based on their wealth. 
I think you misunderstood my response.. 

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

This really angers me.

I wonder what their reasons were for refusing.. Thinking that they're above the law, or what? 

They view it the same as some of the TV forum members do, they can do what they want and isolate themselves at home until they need treatment, if they need treatment.  As I have said before Thailand does it this way for a reason, and unfortunately you have to abide by their rules.  As many have seen the Thais do things their own ways, ergo the little ghosts and then those that just flew to Narathiwat knowing they were infected.  I understand the concerns some have, but whom else are you possibly infecting, Look at the gentleman who they never transported from his home like they were supposed to and he ended up infecting his family....Please just do what is needed, I would hate to be stuck in a field hospital, but if I was told to go and transported to one I would ride out the time there.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Sorry but you talk through your nether regions you don’t have to go to a bar or entertainment venue to get exposed it could happen in your local 7 / 11 no place is place or person is immune from this virus the government have had 15 months to plan the worst scenario they e done sweet FA just spewed out verbal diarrhoea every day hoping the general public would swallow it they would rather spend the money on getting high speed trains from the Chinese ruling party they need to wake up before they end up like Brazil or India with 1,000s of deaths e en the Thai crematoriums couldn’t cope 

That was a very long sentence...

Did you even read the last half of what i wrote? 

I agree the virus is everywhere and not only in entertainment areas. My point was that there are a huge diffrence between a person that intentionally ignore covid health advice and put others at risk and those who follow regulations but got infected anyway. 

I would have more confidence in a infected person that follows regulations to really isolate themselves at home.

I would not trust a covid denier/anti mask person for one second to isolate at home. 

Edited by Nismooo
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I would also refuse treatment at one of those field hospitals.... 

I believe for those who are asymptomatic that isolating at home is more than sufficient. However, I also understand the government make the rules and I have to comply whether I like them or not. 

Thus: I would choose to go to a more comfortable hospital.... either pay myself or ‘try’ and get my insurance to pay for it.

There is another thread running which indicates insurance may not pay for ‘unnecessary hospitalisation’ for someone who’s tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 but shows no symptoms.

Thus: IF in the unlikely event that I have to take a Covid-19 test (i.e. because Wife was exposed in a Supermarket etc), and IF I test positive and am expected to isolate in a ‘field facility’ I would claim a headache, tight chest etc and ensure my Dr signs off on medically necessary treatment so that my insurance will provide cover. 

Are there private hospitals accepting "Positives" ?   Hate to think what the charge would be.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Looking at the picture that is the very last place I would want to be for a start there is not one mechanical breathing machine to be seen and there is more chance of being infected worse than when you went in if I felt I had the symptoms I might just take myself to bed 

I'm sure if you started developing severe symptoms, then they would rush you to  a proper equipped  hospital.

I think they know that the majority of symptoms are not that severe, so  i think  it makes sense  saving space for emergency treatment in the main hospitals.

17 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Eh?
My response with a sad face literally meant i find it a sad state of affair that these people can get away  with what they want based on their wealth. 
I think you misunderstood my response.. 

Apologies, I did totally misunderstand that, good we are on the same page.

1 minute ago, condobrit001 said:

It seems to me that the the pictured field hospital is somewhat lacking in many areas, and I can understand the reluctance of some to spend two weeks in such a facility. However, if the authorities would consider a few improvements, this reluctance could be overcome. With the addition of night stands, cable tv, air conditioning, mini bar, reading lamp, and en-suite bathrooms for each bed conditions could be significantly improved. Until this happens I will continue to live on the steps of my local 7-11 should I get infected.

Perhaps also providing personal butler services for the ladies and provocatively dressed maids for the gents.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, pokerface1 said:

I think your dreaming mate. people just don't care enough about others and after a couple of days at home they will go out and spread it. The authorities know this behavior is endemic as they see it in the way people drive on the roads. I wish people could be trusted to stay at home but sadly they won't.  

Totally agree with this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pokerface1 said:

I think your dreaming mate. people just don't care enough about others and after a couple of days at home they will go out and spread it. The authorities know this behavior is endemic as they see it in the way people drive on the roads. I wish people could be trusted to stay at home but sadly they won't.  

So is it right to intern them in these concentration camps? I hope it never happens to you or your family.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

were from so-called ‘high-so’ families

Really... You have to be a high-so not to stay in that beautiful establishment?  True Thai High-So's wouldn't have been anywhere near a place like that or even tested in that area...probably relations of Politicians.