COVID patients who refuse treatment in field hospitals face legal action

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr Sathit told Thai media that many of those who refused treatment at field hospitals were from so-called ‘high-so’ families.

Obviously not 'high' enough, these high-so's. ????

This certain minister who was phucking and virus-spreading around in Sukhumvit was allowed to leave the hospital (private room, of course!) very quickly and is now allowed to spend quarantine at home.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr Sathit told Thai media that many of those who refused treatment at field hospitals were from so-called ‘high-so’ families.

Obviously not 'high' enough, these high-so's. ????

This certain minister who was phucking and virus-spreading around in Sukhumvit was allowed to leave the hospital (private room, of course!) very quickly and is now allowed to spend quarantine at home.

1 hour ago, MikeyIdea said:

The Thai government knows very well that the majority have no symptoms, they have for a very long time. Following their strategy with targeted testing, I don't think any asymptomatic who has been near an identified risk or in a risk area is being refused.

As you say so, provide evidence please 

There was a thread on this just a few days ago, the Thai government will provide free tests to Thai's provided they fit the criteria, that is, being exposed to a high risk person/area and they must also show symptoms.

There are exceptions to this rule of course, such as target pro active testing in a hotspot areaS where everyone gets tested. But if you want a walk in test then that criteria applies.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

It's about preventing the spread not about treatment for most infected. The Thai government is going with the Chinese model.

It is in fact. The Chinese model with a "pretty please" attached.

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Strange you gave me a "sad" when what I said is born out by everyday reports, here and elsewhere and has been the case for centuries.  Still I suppose, live in cave and you see very little.

Maybe the ‘sad’ was with the state of affairs you are saying exist.  You are right of course but it is a sad state of affairs.

5 minutes ago, HappyinNE said:

Not being able to get insurance in Thailand I am therefore self insured so do not care if insurance pays or not.

I however do not want to go to several options that are being offered so my solution is not to get tested especially with the large number of false positives.

And the best way to avoid that is not to go to places where you will get caught up in a Covid sweep. At this point, semi-isolation at home is the surest bet to avoid quarantine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nothing in the article about the consequences (fine or jail time), that means quite sure there were none. Especially with HiSos its more than obviously that money can buy everything here. And even if they have to pay a fine, what's a few ten thousand baht for them, nothing... Only jail time will impress them.

• Like 1

Where are the so called "Covid Hotels" they claim to have opened.

It is not as if there are not 0ver 800 Hotels in Bangkok not even being used.

Staff them with Hospital staff, open the kitchen & off you go.

Charge 4,000 Bht a night & of course you are in a private room

I do not want to go to a field hospital & unless very sick go to a Hospital that A) Needs the bed for other than Covid, B) Help to possibly spread Covid where it should not be..

The clearer of virus patients in hospitals just makes sense

4 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

This really angers me.

I wonder what their reasons were for refusing.. Thinking that they're above the law, or what? 

I am beyond getting angry at something I have no control over and about someone I have never met. What I try to do is to take care of myself and I sleep better at night.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

With respect, would you like to spend 14 days locked in a field hospital (as shown below) lying on a bed in pajamas all day with no privacy, probably no exercise in the fresh air and probably having to eat sloppy , greasy pork/fish balls with rice gruel? I bet the toilet and washing facilities would also be very basic (Thai toilet - squat over hole rather than Western style?). 

No, I would not. I suspect most Thais wouldn't want it either. Which is why this just might be an effective strategy to get people to take proper anti-Covid precautions.  Do so or else you get this. Just might get a lot of those Thong Lor partiers to think twice before they go on the rampage again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, John Drake said:

No, I would not. I suspect most Thais wouldn't want it either. Which is why this just might be an effective strategy to get people to take proper anti-Covid precautions.  Do so or else you get this. Just might get a lot of those Thong Lor partiers to think twice before they go on the rampage again.

And you believe that most thais would rather stop partying.  They live for the  day not the future.  Sanook is what their lives are all about. When they get to old they are on the outside looking in and unless they have big money they are reduced in stature. Don't believe they are scared, as I have been told before, many times in fact, I will die when I die and I can not change that so why change what I am doing or stop living the way I am.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Benmart said:

I am beyond getting angry at something I have no control over and about someone I have never met. What I try to do is to take care of myself and I sleep better at night.

I agree with you, and  generally speaking, i don't really care what other people do proving they are not hurting anyone else through their actions. . But i must say, I feel pretty angry when people think they are above the law and can walk around putting others in danger through their unwillingness to cooperate....

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

And you believe that most thais would rather stop partying.  They live for the  day not the future.  Sanook is what their lives are all about. When they get to old they are on the outside looking in and unless they have big money they are reduced in stature. Don't believe they are scared, as I have been told before, many times in fact, I will die when I die and I can not change that so why change what I am doing or stop living the way I am.  

All I can say is that what I see from my personal, albeit limited observations, Thais are taking precautions. And they do not want to go to Field Hospitals. Just today, for the first time since the day before Songkran I finally left the house. Went to an appointment with my physician to get some prescription medicine. The first taxi I stopped didn't want to take me when I told him I wanted to go to a hospital. At the hospital, few people were there. The road to and from was certainly not empty but it was much less crowded than usual and there were no traffic jams and backups at the two usual spots. That's here on the western end of Bangkok. My wife went home for Songkran and has remained to help the family. In her small remote village, everyone is wearing a mask--a first. And everyone, she says, is staying home. I remember during the first lockdown that there was overwhelming compliance to the semi-lockdown. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1