COVID patients who refuse treatment in field hospitals face legal action

webfact

9 minutes ago, SS1 said:

I assumed these "camps" were for less well-off people who cannot afford going to a real hospital. Is it really the case that you can be forced to go into one just for testing positive? (even if you have money/insurance to pay for hospitals). 

It that's true, I would imagine a lot of people will withhold being Covid-positive after testing, or simply won't go to get tested at all fearing ending up into one of those. 

I'm actually curious to know, as even if there is a remote chance of having to spend 2 weeks in such a place, I probably would avoid getting even tested for the virus. 

It isn't such that it is a camp for less well off people, and if anyone ends up in one it is more of an embarrassment that they are trapped with others in a giant box where there is no privacy and they have no freedoms like one would have in a Hospitel, no TV, no wifi, no way to just get up and go grab a cold water or cold drink, no alcohol. It is not Camp snoopy, no way of sneaking out from your camp mates now is there.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SS1 said:

I assumed these "camps" were for less well-off people who cannot afford going to a real hospital. Is it really the case that you can be forced to go into one just for testing positive? (even if you have money/insurance to pay for hospitals). 

It that's true, I would imagine a lot of people will withhold being Covid-positive after testing, or simply won't go to get tested at all fearing ending up into one of those. 

I'm actually curious to know, as even if there is a remote chance of having to spend 2 weeks in such a place, I probably would avoid getting even tested for the virus. 

Yes. People are being  forced. There are space considerations. Of course many people are avoiding being tested if they can!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Eibot said:

This will even more disencourage people to go and test themselves...

What will be the benefit of letting yourself tested if asymptomatic or minor symptoms? None.

Then what you create is an environment where people don't get tested, not sure if they have it or not and will half quarantine at home, spreading the virus even more. 

The government should encourage people getting tested, give them the thrust that they can self isolate and monitor their isolation with apps or maybe home visits. What they are doing now is exactly the opposite...

Yes. There is a strong disincentive for voluntary testing. But fewer tests fewer cases to report.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

HI-SO for the most part i think and this is the same for all countries feel that they are above the law.

Going to a field hospital would put them at the same level as a poor person.  no extra perks for being rich.

So true. 

The choice for most of us would be to go into a Private hospital if possible but its not cheap!

Do you have #COVID insurance? It is very important because even if you don’t have symptoms you are sent to hospital. The bill for this guy in a private hospital was ฿160,000. I have heard of others having to pay ฿200K-฿300K as their symptoms were worse. Luckily he had insurance.

So...we better start checking our temperatures ...and if too high  stay inside dont meet anyone dont come out to avoid possible checkpoints .....hope you stocked up on supplies ...????

All to avoid a very very high covid bill when catched .....but keep yourself in strict quarantaine if only no severe symptoms

• Like 2

Translated:
People who are not sick and don't want to be put into a concentration camp where they're pretty much guaranteed to get sick will be placed into prison instead.

I don't see a 'lesser of two evils" here.  You're screwed either way.
I hope their "field hospitals" become so overwhelmed that they have no option but to allow asymptomatic cases to quarantine at home if they are not sick.  I hate to say that but this option is pure lunacy.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Don’t worry, over 60’s aren’t put in the field hospital, they go to a regular hospital.

Ah....yes the expatt generation with supposed 800k Thai bath on bank ....a good earner.... compensating the lack of tourism income ????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Then i'm surprised the Hi-So's that are refusing to go to the hospitals didn't instead opt for a nicer hospital. It;s not like they wouldn't be able to afford it. 

No availability. You would just be a major headache for the private hospital. Most private hospitals state now that you can get tested there, bit if you're positive, they don't take you.

2 minutes ago, pentagara said:

No availability. You would just be a major headache for the private hospital. Most private hospitals state now that you can get tested there, bit if you're positive, they don't take you.

Right,  i see. 

Well, if they refuse to quarantine, then they are violating  the communicable disease law. 

it's also my understanding that they were from the cluster linked to pubs and bars in Thong Lor .

5 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Rights? You have the right to be prosecuted, arrested and jailed. That is your right.

Foreigners in Thailand: Prayut is a dictator! 

Also foreigners in Thailand: Lock up people directly who don't listen! 

The comments yesterday about 2 foreign teachers with Covid were much more kind. 

3 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Would you want to be in that field hospital when you have a house and can lock yourself away from everyone?

I wouldn't want to spend one night there let alone 2 weeks!

No kidding.

It's no wonder the case count is so low in Thailand.  

How many times do you have to be dropped on your head to not look at that photo and see the major problem?  That's like a concentration camp.

Imagine your neighbour playing that crappy music BOOM BOOM BOOM, and on the other side a foot away the lady is puking.  

Dear god, hell on earth.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

No, I would not. I suspect most Thais wouldn't want it either. Which is why this just might be an effective strategy to get people to take proper anti-Covid precautions.  Do so or else you get this. Just might get a lot of those Thong Lor partiers to think twice before they go on the rampage again.

This might seem to make sense to someone who has never interacted with or observed humans before, but you should try it some time, you'd obviously learn a lot. Thailand would be an excellent place for you to observe culture and behaviour which would clearly teach you various basic aspects of human nature you've as yet not been exposed to.

4 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

It wasn't me who made that statement. 

I know, I couldn't find the original post by smedley so I sort of double quoted, it didn't work... You wouldn't post anything as stupid as that ????

Edited by MikeyIdea