COVID patients who refuse treatment in field hospitals face legal action

webfact

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I really can't believe this is 2021 and this is how people are treated, or not treated as they are not sick. There was rumours of this happening in Europe but it never happened last year.

I have thought about doing ASQ this year, but this is confirms it, no way!

If you ‘do ASQ’ the conditions of entry (CoE) are to carry insurance which covers you for Covid-19. 

In choosing the policy you can ensure that you are covered for such ‘mandated isolation’ by your insurance and thus insurance covers a private hospital. 

Realistically, the chances of you being tested without symptoms are tiny, and if you have symptoms a hospital isn’t a bad place to be - at least you’ll be looked after should your condition worsen, especially if you are above 50 and edging towards the higher risk end of the scale. 

Get a Vaccine sandbox quarantine for 7 days (if thats going ahead) otherwise just quarantine in an ASQ for 7 days and you’re good to go... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If you ‘do ASQ’ the conditions of entry (CoE) are to carry insurance which covers you for Covid-19. 

In choosing the policy you can ensure that you are covered for such ‘mandated isolation’ by your insurance and thus insurance covers a private hospital. 

Realistically, the chances of you being tested without symptoms are tiny, and if you have symptoms a hospital isn’t a bad place to be - at least you’ll be looked after should your condition worsen, especially if you are above 50 and edging towards the higher risk end of the scale. 

Get a Vaccine sandbox quarantine for 7 days (if thats going ahead) otherwise just quarantine in an ASQ for 7 days and you’re good to go... 

"Realistically, the chances of you being tested without symptoms are tiny,"

????

Symptom can be already there by those  random temperature testings as now everywhere demanded in any food shop 7/11 's Lotus / Big C and others ........and when to high temperature....

bingo ! you could win a stay in c19 Camp ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

They probably don’t want to pay for that either...    

IF I didn’t have insurance and was paying out of my own pocket I would not want to pay ±100,000 baht for treatment I don’t believe necessary. 

I don’t like paying for Quarantine upon arrival in Thailand (Quarantine has cost me a total of: 170,000 baht so far and 8 weeks of my life !!) - When I could easily quarantine at home. 

I understand the laws / rules exist so I comply, but I don’t like it and fully understand that someone who has no symptoms can quarantine in their own home. 

Now we know there will be cases where people do not comply, but serious charges can be brought against those who fail.

The issue for me with this is the broad spectrum measures because law enforcement is too lazy to operate effectively against those who fail to comply. 

The article states that the quarantine is for those that have tested positive for Covid, they may not be showing symptoms but surely if tested positive they could infect others?

This is not a COVID field hospital

image.png.e7bbc764db0d73b94ace13ecf28c60be.png

This is a COVID field hospital

image.png.f204ea1fe9b3b49494402a3d88bacc1c.png

I wouldn't want my dog in Thailand's version of a COVID field hospital.

Just incubators for spreading more variants of COVID.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Well, they probably don't go clubbing in Thong Lor

Certainly not , and neither do I .

There are far better options .

HISo .. Simply the best ..

7 hours ago, Lucifer999 said:

Im guessing those people that don't want the vaccine already know what some of us know = the rest will find out to late ...

All part of  the plan .

Chinese  Vaccine ..  

No way ...

10 hours ago, Lucifer999 said:

Im guessing those people that don't want the vaccine already know what some of us know = the rest will find out to late ...

Or, they are idiots. 

What are the odds that a vaccine will kill you? 

What are the odds that Covid-19 will kill you? 

14 hours ago, StevieAus said:
On 4/21/2021 at 12:21 PM, richard_smith237 said:

They probably don’t want to pay for that either...    

IF I didn’t have insurance and was paying out of my own pocket I would not want to pay ±100,000 baht for treatment I don’t believe necessary. 

I don’t like paying for Quarantine upon arrival in Thailand (Quarantine has cost me a total of: 170,000 baht so far and 8 weeks of my life !!) - When I could easily quarantine at home. 

I understand the laws / rules exist so I comply, but I don’t like it and fully understand that someone who has no symptoms can quarantine in their own home. 

Now we know there will be cases where people do not comply, but serious charges can be brought against those who fail.

The issue for me with this is the broad spectrum measures because law enforcement is too lazy to operate effectively against those who fail to comply. 

Expand  

The article states that the quarantine is for those that have tested positive for Covid, they may not be showing symptoms but surely if tested positive they could infect others?

Which is why I mentioned they could quarantine (I mean isolate) in their own home. 

Could others in the same home be exposed to SARS-CoV-2 from an isolating individual who has tested positive?? In all likelihood they already have, so the whole household isolates. 

For those whose home is not suitable for isolation there are other options: 

1) Set up isolation hotels (i.e. much like ASQ hotels for arrivals) for those with no or mild symptoms, which leaves the hospitals free for those with serious symptoms. 

2) Field isolation facilities (already set up) which may be a better option for some.

It's unfortunate that this would be a three tiered approach, but it's more realistic.

Of course, how to police those who may flout isolation requirements - Police them !!!...  and there we have the weak point which is why a nation faces the potential for isolation outside of their own homes, because the government knows that the police are simply too lazy to do their jobs. 

Can you say Draconian?? You have not broken a law by contracting Covid so why should the government have authoritarian rule over you? You can quarantine at home if you feel np symptoms or do not require medical attention. From the pics i have seen of the field hospitals i' would feel much safer actually at home than that set up

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

Can you say Draconian?? You have not broken a law by contracting Covid so why should the government have authoritarian rule over you? You can quarantine at home if you feel np symptoms or do not require medical attention. From the pics i have seen of the field hospitals i' would feel much safer actually at home than that set up

The government has ‘authoritarian rule’ over us (people in Thailand, both Thai’s and Foreigners) because it has enacted Emergency Decree.

A totalitarian military government which has taken rule by means of military coup has altered the constitution, warded off protests, somehow been elected in...

....of course the measures are draconian... much of what happens in Thailand is draconian....

But, in this case perhaps draconian is what is required...  in government and decisions made by governments there are no perfect decisions, only less imperfect decisions... thus in choosing the lesser of two evils perhaps these draconian measures are what are needed, the reality is that while we all have strong opinions, given the opportunity and absolute power, what would we do differently? and if we were to do things differently would they be any more or less successful?

One of my misses pals from university is in Chiang Mai COVID prison.

Like the photos in the early post but no screens at all between the beds.

No way to wash clothing, everything they have worn goes in a bag that gets taken away, my misses has just been roped into a purchase/clothes delivery. She's going to one of those s/h clothing stores to buy a big bag of stuff to drop off for the girl to wear.

Apparently the young woman caught COVID from a live music event in Chiang Mai, then got tracked down, tested positive and jailed.

No symptoms ...... very pretty girl.

Edited by BritManToo

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

One of my misses pals from university is in COVID prison.

Like the photos in the early post but no screens at all between the beds.

No way to wash clothing, everything they have worn goes in a bag that gets taken away, my misses has just been roped into a purchase/clothes delivery. She's going to one of those s/h clothing stores to buy a big bag of stuff to drop off for the girl to wear.

Apparently the young woman caught COVID from a live music event in Chiang Mai, then got tracked down, tested positive and jailed.

No symptoms ...... very pretty girl.

Pretty girls with no symptoms clearly should be treated differently. Further this should serve as an example that if you do not wish to be sent to these facilities for re-education  care, then totally ignore any check-in apps, signing in etc etc. visiting my local Macro/Tesco etc I doubt if I see 10% of the people checking in so obviously the concern of being sent to these concentration camps   field camps is widespread.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Excel said:

Pretty girls with no symptoms clearly should be treated differently. Further this should serve as an example that if you do not wish to be sent to these facilities for re-education  care, then totally ignore any check-in apps, signing in etc etc. visiting my local Macro/Tesco etc I doubt if I see 10% of the people checking in so obviously the concern of being sent to these concentration camps   field camps is widespread.

I love the smell in the air of early morning sarcasm. However, there is truth in them thar words.  If you never log in or signed in the spread will continue if they don't catch you first.

Edited by ThailandRyan

On 4/21/2021 at 12:11 PM, Kaopad999 said:

This really angers me.

I wonder what their reasons were for refusing.. Thinking that they're above the law, or what? 

As a foreigner I refuse to pay for it and be treated fairly the same as Thai nationals. The Thai government signed agreements with the WTO which state equal treatment of foreigners and Thai nationals. These agreements encompass everything, they are not a la carte ????

• Like 2

On 4/21/2021 at 9:36 PM, Kaopad999 said:

The difference is i don't go out drinking in Thong Lor during a global pandemic, and then refuse to quarantine after catching  Covid-19 which most likely would have been avoidable in the first place. 
It's nothing more than pure arrogance from the Hi-So's,  while other poorer Thai's have absolutely no choice in the matter.
it's simply unfair to have a two tier rule based on class and wealth.  This is what angers me. 
If you have lived here for long enough you will know that this is a common theme.

I know several people in Thailand who have or have had the virus recently. None of them are hiso. All of them are Thai. None of them ever go out drinking in bars, most of them don't drink. I fully understand why they are terrified of going into field hospitals. All of them most likely caught it from work, which they have to go to in order to keep putting food into the mouths of themselves and families. Some of them are parents who caught it from their children who caught it from work.

Not everyone who is terrified of going to a field hospital is hiso. Regular people wish to live with some level of dignity and freedom and a lack of horror too. If you think anyone who is told to go to a field hospital should comply and do so, and that this should not be seen as a deterrent, I wish for you to have such an experience to bring you to reality.

So, let's say you're planning to leave Thailand for a flight, you have to get a pcr test, and it ends up being positive.

What is the best insurance plan to get for the worst case scenario?  Will it cover a field hospital and a hospitel?  I've read that the price for a 14 day stay at a hospitel is 150,000 baht.  Will any insurance cover that?

I'm starting to regret not leaving Thailand sooner.   These field hospitals are frightening, especially if you're someone who is asymptomatic, hasn't been going out to clubs, have been taking care of yourself with proper diet and supplements, wearing masks, using hand sanitizers, etc.  

Will they even allow you to bring supplements in such as vitamin d, zinc, c, fish oil, and multivitamins or will they confiscate all your belongings?

Is there any news on the actual penalty for not going to a field hospital?

1 hour ago, Chrisroundtheworld said:

So, let's say you're planning to leave Thailand for a flight, you have to get a pcr test, and it ends up being positive.

What is the best insurance plan to get for the worst case scenario?  Will it cover a field hospital and a hospitel?  I've read that the price for a 14 day stay at a hospitel is 150,000 baht.  Will any insurance cover that?

I'm starting to regret not leaving Thailand sooner.   These field hospitals are frightening, especially if you're someone who is asymptomatic, hasn't been going out to clubs, have been taking care of yourself with proper diet and supplements, wearing masks, using hand sanitizers, etc.  

Will they even allow you to bring supplements in such as vitamin d, zinc, c, fish oil, and multivitamins or will they confiscate all your belongings?

Is there any news on the actual penalty for not going to a field hospital?

No insurance because you won't be allowed on an airplane if you are Covid positive. 

On 4/22/2021 at 8:24 PM, BobinBKK said:

As a foreigner I refuse to pay for it and be treated fairly the same as Thai nationals. The Thai government signed agreements with the WTO which state equal treatment of foreigners and Thai nationals. These agreements encompass everything, they are not a la carte ????

If you go to a field hospital you will be charged the same as a Thai.