COVID patients who refuse treatment in field hospitals face legal action

webfact

6 minutes ago, Chrisroundtheworld said:

Of course you won't be allowed on the plane, so presumably you'll be sent to a field hospital.

My question is, once you go to a field hospital, a hospitel or whatever, what is the best insurance?

It's a trick question : field hospitals don't have systems to bill inmates, same as prisons. They don't have the necessary licensure to be accepted by insurance companies. 

1 hour ago, Youlike said:

That test is very unreliable, if you test positive you 'll end up in a field hospital! I won't leave the house anymore!

You can leave your house.  But leaving your province might be the problem if they require a test.  I'm not sure I want to risk it.

• Like 2

In light of some of the information about the accuracy of test results provided by some Labs I think I would resist at least until an alternative test result from another lab confirmed a positive.

I recall seeing a video  ( not covid related ! ) of a Lab Technician busily pipetting test samples into test media without changing the  tip. Needless to say  just one positive sample at any point would  contaminate any that were extracted after. That mistake was put down to fatigue and the failure to provide even peer assistance or oversight. It was only discovered what was happening when positive results were suddenly recorded for a disease that was usually very uncommon.

Not hard to imagine similar events occurring with the pressure and volume of tests being processed  for covid-19 right now !

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

You can leave your house.  But leaving your province might be the problem if they require a test.  I'm not sure I want to risk it.

just like a traffic control  they could start such Covid controls on random places ......just like the bike license controls .....

• Like 1

If even one third of the population of Thailand was tested for the virus, and every positive PCR case was sent to a field hospital, all the beds would fill immediately (most likely). 

The more they test, the more cases there will be, and if they require every asymptomatic person to be in a bed, they will never be able to keep up.  It's inevitable that there will be a tipping point and the system won't be able to sustain what is going on. 

Most countries couldn't even consider the idea of putting every single positive person in a quarantine bed.  It's simply not feasible given the enormous case numbers in most countries.  

The only way they can keep this up is if they just don't test that many people.   

3 minutes ago, Chrisroundtheworld said:

If even one third of the population of Thailand was tested for the virus, and every positive PCR case was sent to a field hospital, all the beds would fill immediately (most likely). 

The more they test, the more cases there will be, and if they require every asymptomatic person to be in a bed, they will never be able to keep up.  It's inevitable that there will be a tipping point and the system won't be able to sustain what is going on. 

Most countries couldn't even consider the idea of putting every single positive person in a quarantine bed.  It's simply not feasible given the enormous case numbers in most countries.  

The only way they can keep this up is if they just don't test that many people.   

Apparently, some 15,000 people are tested every day. Of those, we are seeing 2000+  cases a day. But some of those tested are in travel quarantine (ASQ) and have been tested before arrival in Thailand, so their positivity rate is less than 1 percent. Some others are contacts of the infected, and some others are walk ins with symptoms. As a result, it is hard to determine an actual positivity rate from the testing numbers. So we don't know how many are asymptomatic, and how many require hospitalization.

Having said that, Thailand is now quarantining positive cases in hotels, and there is no lack of empty hotels in Thailand.

The only cases I have heard of are cases where people who tested positive and/or got mild or severe symptoms and waited for days for an ambulance to come and pick them up. One who had fever and moderate symptoms was never picked and got better at home without medical treatment but there was no attempt to contact her contacts or places she put on timeline.   They are talking about incarcerating anyone with a positive test in their awful field hospitals but the reality seems to be that they abandon peolple who are actually sick to fend for themselves at home and some have died. Confused. 

They seem to have got it back to front.  They are placing an emphasis on hospitalising people who aren't really sick and issuing childish threats, while they don't have nearly enough capacity to treat those who are severely ill. 

Edited by Dogmatix

On 4/21/2021 at 5:08 PM, holy cow cm said:

Rights? You have the right to be prosecuted, arrested and jailed. That is your right.

NZ let's people isolate at home and most cases, which have been imported get sent to special quarantine hotels to recover, very few were sent to hospitals, our hospitals were vertually empty at the height of the biggest outbreak. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

The only cases I have heard of are cases where people who tested positive and/or got mild or severe symptoms and waited for days for an ambulance to come and pick them up. One who had fever and moderate symptoms was never picked and got better at home without medical treatment but there was no attempt to contact her contacts or places she put on timeline.   They are talking about incarcerating anyone with a positive test in their awful field hospitals but the reality seems to be that they abandon peolple who are actually sick to fend for themselves at home and some have died. Confused. 

They seem to have got it back to front.  They are placing an emphasis on hospitalising people who aren't really sick and issuing childish threats, while they don't have nearly enough capacity to treat those who are severely ill. 

I agree probably more chance of getting sicker for some in a field hospital than isolating at home, but home isolation was controlled by health authorities in NZ, I don't know how they would be managed in Thailand. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

my question ,

as you are infected but not sick , so asymptomatic  ?

Why you could not choose for a quarantine  hotel , as you are so the same as those "sandboxes infected ones " , but cheaper than hospital and much  more private and better of than those "field hospitals" which probably go make you real sick and no privacy  , call it " incubators" to become  real hospital clients...

As now the army is ordered to go do random covid checks (at Houses/condo buildings and  so..... (BKK and surrounding provinces , so most likely also possible at Pattaya as a hot point ...)

Troops to begin door-to-door tests - Pattaya One News

2021-07-18_005324.png

Edited by david555

yes, you can chose hospitels, around 40k and health insurance do cover it. You can get the cheapest insurance for some 15k.

Even covid insurance for 400-700b would also cover it, just not the long and expensive treatment.

I think you can refuse military or police enter your premises, I would.

Even if civilians from local authorities you can ask them to do test outside your gate or condo door.

I don't think anybody was forced or punished for not geting into field hospital, if they self isolated. There were many 

from the thonglor clusterfluck who did not.

Even more so now. I think all field hospitals are full. that's why they are building tens more of them

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, internationalism said:

yes, you can chose hospitels, around 40k and health insurance do cover it. You can get the cheapest insurance for some 15k.

Even covid insurance for 400-700b would also cover it, just not the long and expensive treatment.

I think you can refuse military or police enter your premises, I would.

Even if civilians from local authorities you can ask them to do test outside your gate or condo door.

I don't think anybody was forced or punished for not geting into field hospital, if they self isolated. There were many 

from the thonglor clusterfluck who did not.

Even more so now. I think all field hospitals are full. that's why they are building tens more of them

"I think you can refuse military or police enter your premises, I would. "

Good luck with that .....

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2021 at 12:15 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Would you be happy going to a ‘field facility’ and risking exposure to further variants when mixing with others who have tested positive ????

For asymptomatic people there is no reason to isolate anywhere other than at home (and the whole household isolates). 

especially when you can double catch it, ie  have two variants  trying to kill you at the same  time., So  you go to the filed  hosp[ital with its  lovely non divided rooms with Alpha, catch delta and drop dead.

• Like 1