Six suffer partial paralysis after inoculation with Sinovac vaccine

Jonathan Fairfield

8 minutes ago, Brierley said:

Definition of immunity

: the quality or state of being immune especially : a condition of being able to resist a particular disease especially through preventing development of a pathogenic microorganism or by counteracting the effects of its products

No where does it say that a vaccine prevents a person from contracting the virus, a vaccine is not the same as mosquito repellent!

No where does it say that a vaccine prevents a person from contracting the virus...

"resist a particular disease especially through preventing development of a pathogenic microorganism"

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
vac·cine
  1. a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases,

I can't fix your education, but I can ignore your posts.
    (this is the CDC definition of vaccine by the way)

Great, now go google the definition of immunity!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

No where does it say that a vaccine prevents a person from contracting the virus...

"resist a particular disease especially through preventing development of a pathogenic microorganism"

Resist, yes, I agree.

• Like 1

My Mrs was ok after her sinovac jab yesterday. She had a heavy arm for a couple of hours.

Others in her work Facebook group weren't as lucky. Many reported flu like symptoms, others with high temps (they were told to expect raised temps). 

A couple of others reacted and had large red raised areas from the jab.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

With the amount that is  being used, something would have been said.

Posted beginning of this month.

Sinovac says it has delivered some 200 million doses of its vaccine to more than 20 countries. The company estimates more than 100 million doses have been administered in vaccination campaigns around the world. 

https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufacturing/sinovac-hits-capacity-for-2b-covid-19-vaccine-doses-a-year-courtesy-third-production

Two more people die and nine others suffer facial paralysis after taking vaccination shots in Hong Kong; city logs 10 new Covid-19 cases

The latest deaths involved two chronically ill patients who took the China-made Sinovac jab. An 80-year-old woman who was vaccinated on March 2 died on Friday, while a 60-year-old man died on Wednesday after getting vaccinated on March 11. Previously, seven people had died following Sinovac jabs

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/two-more-people-die-nine-095220395.html

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
vac·cine
  1. a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases,

That's the short version. Try reading a well informed article on the topic before trying show us how 'smart' you are. 

few vaccines prevent infection

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BadSpottedDog said:

Same issues are happening in the states with Pfitzer and Moderna. It's just not getting coverage.

More like it's a job to tell the difference between those that have after jab symptoms and those on whacky backy?

23 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Maybe no vaccine can be 100 percent effective, but I'd want a lot better than what Sinovac offers. From Wednesday's London Times:

China's Sinovac vaccine, which is widely used in the developing world, offers little protection until after the second dose according to Chilean scientists. The jab was only 16 per cent effective in guarding against Covid-19 after one dose, rising to 67 per cent efficacy after the second dose, according to a study of 10.5 million people.

And that is not the usual pointless 'poll' result we are usually fed after 300 people were asked. This is over 10 million who were checked.

Again  a persistence in negative reference to stats regarding one  factor of a vaccine.

The Chilean authorities are quite satisfied with outcome so  far as of 16th April.

"SANTIAGO (Reuters) -China's Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine was 67% effective in preventing symptomatic infection, data from a huge real-world study in Chile has shown, a potential boost for the jab which has come under scrutiny over its level of protection against the virus.

The CoronaVac vaccine was 85% effective in preventing hospitalizations and 80% effective in preventing deaths, the Chilean government said in a report, adding that the data should prove a "game changer" from the vaccine more widely."

2 hours ago, Nip said:

That's a great idea you could be well dead by then. 

108 fatalities so far (population 70 million)

If the vaccinated come into contact with the wild version of corona,

there may be some altercations unfortunately.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, YetAnother said:

let the speculative excuses commence and flow forth

Indeed. And let us all try to pretend this was totally unexpected and that that Sinovc is in fact, completely safe; it all being a 'misunderstanding', while a certain someone rushes to prepare remedial actions at the direct expense of the Thai people.

Phrase like throwing and trusting spring readily to mind. A foul-up like this might become, is rarely an accident. Of course nobody will be held accountable, that's a given. But that is not at all the same thing as nobody being responsible.

I read in a separate article this morning that talks about the seven casualties from the vaccine that they all had pre-existing conditions, one had cancer, one had high cholesterol, one was medically obese and four were taking birth control pills! Hmmm!!! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Moonlover said:

That's the short version. Try reading a well informed article on the topic before trying show us how 'smart' you are. 

few vaccines prevent infection

Just now, Brierley said:

I read in a separate article this morning that talks about the seven casualties from the vaccine that they all had pre-existing conditions, one had cancer, one had high cholesterol, one was medically obese and four were taking birth control pills! Hmmm!!! 

Two conclusions spring to mind: firstly these conditions are all a part of normality these days, (for right or wrong)

secondly, if these were pre-existing conditions, surely they should have been included in human trials? They are hardly outlying conditions...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, smedly said:

or it might not

Prayut avoided this vaccine like a plague 

what are they not telling us 

They forgot to tell the people to Take 2 Aspirins  and you be Fine, no blood clots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BadSpottedDog said:

Same issues are happening in the states with Pfitzer and Moderna. It's just not getting coverage.

Note sure how legit this site is. But there are some interesting claims of long term side effects: parasthesia, fatigue, blurry vision. Notwithstanding, most of the commenters suggest that better to be vaccinated than not. No doubt, being in the US, they have first hand anecdotal experience.

https://medshadow.org/covid19-vaccine-side-effects/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:
vac·cine

'Gene Therapy' would be the more correct term.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Indeed. And let us all try to pretend this was totally unexpected and that that Sinovc is in fact, completely safe; it all being a 'misunderstanding', while a certain someone rushes to prepare remedial actions at the direct expense of the Thai people.

Phrase like throwing and trusting spring readily to mind. A foul-up like this might become, is rarely an accident. Of course nobody will be held accountable, that's a given. But that is not at all the same thing as nobody being responsible.

"completely safe" is a straw man (a misrepresentation of an opponent's argument, usually by exaggeration) No one is suggesting that the vaccine should be completely safe, nor that it should be completely effective. It is a risk balancing calculation. 

Just now, goatfarmer said:

"completely safe" is a straw man (a misrepresentation of an opponent's argument, usually by exaggeration) No one is suggesting that the vaccine should be completely safe, nor that it should be completely effective. It is a risk balancing calculation. 

I'm betting medical insurance won't cover treatment for side effects of (voluntary) vaccination.

But will cover treatment for catching the disease.

So the vaccination will remove you from the 'insured' list and place you on the 'uninsured' list.

But it might be worth having the shot in countries that provide free hospital treatment.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, goatfarmer said:

Hmmm. Well, not to cast aspersions (something we should all avoid doing), balancing this risk seems to involve more pirouetting than I would find acceptable. But that's just me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, goatfarmer said:

Semantic quibbling. If it prevents death and sickness by promoting an immune response, which is the purpose of a vaccine, then the ingredients do not stop it from being a vaccine.

rubbish

3 hours ago, Zack61 said:

Wondering if this is happening with vaccinations in China as well and if so is it being transparently reported appropriately on the world stage

Just like they were transparent on Covid 19?

• Haha 1