Six suffer partial paralysis after inoculation with Sinovac vaccine

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Before I get vaccinated I want a cast iron guarantee from the hospital that they will cover any and all expenses arising from a 'sudden mystery illness' occurring within 30 days of the injection.

As a foreigner, it'd be foolish to get injected in Thailand without that guarantee.

Lets be realistic here you are never going to get that guarantee from any hospital. If thats the way you feel then your only option is to either make sure you have covid insurance or jump on that plane go back to the UK where you can at least get treated if you qualify for the NHS. Ohterwise pays your money and take your chances, get the vaccine dont get the vaccine. 

The choice lies with the individuals.

Im in the same situation where i am and our only option is to pay and have the injection privately which is what has been done.

Sinovac was 1 of the options needless to say none of us that got vaccinated opted for it funniliy enough.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Hmmm. Well, not to cast aspersions (something we should all avoid doing), balancing this risk seems to involve more pirouetting than I would find acceptable. But that's just me...

You're right. With such incomplete and conflicting information floating around, it is difficult to make a balanced calculation. But the stats from countries like Israel and the UK make a compelling case for vaccination.

• Like 1

Of course, there is a lot of significantly uncalled for biliousness in the posts in this thread so far.

As far as I know, blood clots, analphylaxis and other reactions have followed or appeared to follow an injection aimed at controlling covid-19. Not only this Chinese vaccine but those made in Europe and elsewhere. You have probably read of the comparisons of vaccination risks vis a vis smoking, driving ... life is a risk!

I am not an apologist for China or anyone else but, in the plea for balanced debate, be aware that the following guidance to Vaxzevria (formerly COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca), says this:

"Cases of unusual blood clots with low platelets have occurred in people who received Vaxzevria (formerly COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca).

• The chance of having this occur is very low, but you should still be aware of symptoms so you can get prompt medical treatment to help recovery and avoid complications.
  • You must seek urgent medical attention immediately if you have any of the following symptoms in the weeks after your injection:
    • shortness of breath
    • chest pain
    • leg swelling
    • persistent abdominal (belly) pain
    • neurological symptoms, such as severe and persistent headaches or blurred vision
    • tiny blood spots under the skin beyond the site of the injection.
  • Speak to your healthcare professional or contact your relevant national health authorities if you have any questions about the roll out of the vaccine in your country."

If you want the finer details: "Information for healthcare professionals

• EMA has reviewed cases of thrombosis in combination with thrombocytopenia, and in some cases bleeding, in people who received Vaxzevria (formerly COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca).
  • These very rare types of thrombosis (with thrombocytopenia) included venous thrombosis in unusual sites such as cerebral venous sinus thrombosis and splanchnic vein thrombosis as well as arterial thrombosis. Most of the cases reported so far have occurred in women under the age of 60 years. Most cases occurred within 2 weeks of the person receiving their first dose. There is limited experience with the second dose.
  • As for the mechanism, it is thought that the vaccine may trigger an immune response leading to an atypical heparin-induced-thrombocytopenia like disorder. At this time, it is not possible to identify specific risk factors.
  • Healthcare professionals should be alert to the signs and symptoms of thromboembolism and thrombocytopenia so that they can promptly treat people affected in line with available guidelines.
  • Healthcare professionals should tell people receiving the vaccine that they must seek medical attention if they develop:
    • symptoms of blood clots such as shortness of breath, chest pain, leg swelling, persistent abdominal pain
    • neurological symptoms such as severe and persistent headaches and blurred vision
    • petechiae beyond the site of vaccination after a few days.
  • The benefits of the vaccine continue to outweigh the risks for people who receive it. The vaccine is effective at preventing COVID-19 and reducing hospitalisations and deaths.
  • National authorities may provide additional guidance on the roll out of the vaccine based on the situation in your country."

That is, these problems may be vaccine induced or not. A lot is already known. Some things are not known. In the final analysis, however, you have any injection and you take a risk!

2 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Well there's a shock. Very few countries are buying this vaccine, which is largely ineffective, based on independent lab results: https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2021/04/15/in-clinical-and-real-world-trials-chinas-sinovac-underperforms

I wouldn't put that in my arm if it was the only vaccine on the market.

I'm going to have to fly to the USA and risk my life to get a decent vaccine.

I’m booked for June 

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

What I fear about this sinovac gunk is that if this is true, that's stroke-like side effects in 1/100,000 shots. Now I know that may not sound a lot at present, but Thailand has been rolling this gunk out to medical staff and I'd like to think they would be slightly more fit and healthy than the general populace. When this gets fully starting to roll out, these stroke-like effects are going to explode with the general 'unhealthy' populace

AstraZeneca was temporarily halted for similar reasons in many countries. Reason: SVT (Sinus vein thrombosis). Same problem with J&J.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Well there's a shock. Very few countries are buying this vaccine, which is largely ineffective, based on independent lab results: https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2021/04/15/in-clinical-and-real-world-trials-chinas-sinovac-underperforms

I wouldn't put that in my arm if it was the only vaccine on the market.

I'm going to have to fly to the USA and risk my life to get a decent vaccine.

Doing the same thing, going to USA in 5 months

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Plus these companies are Immune to lawsuits if anything happens to go wrong..

Another worrying fact is that The quickest vaccine ever developed prior to the Covid 19 vaccines was for mumps. That took a total  four years.  Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine was developed and cleared for emergency use in just eight months!  Which is something that has has fueled public mistrust of the coronavirus inoculation, and rightly so.. 

Only partially true. Scientists had been working for years on the SAR-1 vaccine, which is very similar. So they had a great head start for this virus.

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Only partially true. Scientists had been working for years on the SAR-1 vaccine, which is very similar. So they had a great head start for this virus.

They may have been working on the development of it, but how much testing was being carried out prior to the spread of covid 19? 

Edited by Kaopad999

1 hour ago, bluemoonpattaya said:

I have sent an e-mail to the British embassy in Bangkok 3 times,  asking about where i can obtain a suitable vaccine for me. As a British passport holder i was hoping for some response. I'm sure i am not the only person to have sent an e-mail, and would have expected some formal response would have been drafted up. I looked on the embassy website where there is a video about this, but it is 8 weeks old and has not been updated. I have registered my name with Bangkok hospital, who will inform me when a vaccine becomes available.  I was hoping for some guidance from the British embassy.   Stay safe   

many years ago i worked in BKK AND HAD TO USE THE BRITISH EMBASSY  ,THEY WERE AS MUCH USE AS A CHOCOLATE SPOON THEN ,I DOUBT THEY HAVE IMPROVED .

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, meechai said:

????

f1d124d5709c387a4bea659b9ecf2d1523c037db2456c2fd669b3aae6888c0c2_1.jpg

Well, this is the thing, isn't it. 
For example, Never much concern over road deaths, severe pollution in the north, but with Covid, all of a sudden they seem to suddenly care. I'm certainly not suggesting that they shouldn't care about Covid, but why does this seem to be so much more important than all of the other things that are killing people. Surely there has to be some sort of financial gain for them to suddenly get off their ass and do something about it

• Like 2

17 hours ago, smedly said:

or it might not

Prayut avoided this vaccine like a plague 

what are they not telling us 

That the whole Virus thing is a sham/charade/scam and that these untested Vaccines are not designed to help, they are designed for more sinister reasons. Go ahead and laugh...then enjoy your clots/paralysis/early death. I am genuinely mortified that thinking, living, breathing humans still believe this virus even exists in the way they tell us it does. What ever happend to the human race and the ability for critical thinking. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nojohndoe said:

Again  a persistence in negative reference to stats regarding one  factor of a vaccine.

The Chilean authorities are quite satisfied with outcome so  far as of 16th April.

"SANTIAGO (Reuters) -China's Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine was 67% effective in preventing symptomatic infection, data from a huge real-world study in Chile has shown, a potential boost for the jab which has come under scrutiny over its level of protection against the virus.

The CoronaVac vaccine was 85% effective in preventing hospitalizations and 80% effective in preventing deaths, the Chilean government said in a report, adding that the data should prove a "game changer" from the vaccine more widely."

Would you side with the results found by scientists, or with statements coming from government officials?

Just now, saintbangkok said:

That the whole Virus thing is a sham/charade/scam and that these untested Vaccines are not designed to help, they are designed for more sinister reasons. Go ahead and laugh...then enjoy your clots/paralysis/early death. I am genuinely mortified that thinking, living, breathing humans still believe this virus even exists in the way they tell us it does. What ever happend to the human race and the ability for critical thinking. 

Thailand happened to it.

• Like 1

Just how stupid does it get.

Tell a Nation of people, most of who are against any Vaccine, that if you have the Sinovac Vaccine, you may get a Stroke.

A few years ago, the Thai population were not as switched on as they are now. The rise of Social Media has seen to that.

Reading reports such as this, and the people then start to ask " maybe there is more to this than a few cases "

Google tells them all the answers to their questions, and now, they will e absolutely terrified of receiving a Sinovac Vaccine, and positively S@@@ing themselves if they already have had one.

• Like 1

Just now, KC 71 said:

rubbish

Yes. There's a matter of technique here. It may be rubbish, but it's helpful to say why you think it's rubbish and make a more positive contribution.

Life is already full of empty vessels making quite a lot of noise but little else of value.

• Like 1