Six suffer partial paralysis after inoculation with Sinovac vaccine

Jonathan Fairfield

Just now, Dtaw said:

Have Xi Jinping or any of his deputies taken the Sinovac or Sinopharm jabs? No. There is a reason for that -they know damn well those jabs are trash. 

Hrmmm. Good enough for non-Chinese-pooyay but not for the real people? Rings a bell from rather closer to home. Same jingoism. Same "Do as I tell you" attitude. I wonder where it comes from...

Edited by ParkerN

6 minutes ago, starky said:

25% is 25% and your the great champion in not mentioning co-morbidities in covid deaths but you use it when ever it pleases you . Your a joke and I'm bored of your single minded <deleted> much like the majority of people dying from covid are elderly, overweight, diabetic, obese or any combination of those and more contributing factors so how about you stop the fear mongering?

A 25% fatality rate in the 4-6 people in a million developing clots is not really the same thing as a 25% fatality rate from taking the vaccine - as implied in your original post.

In fact it's more like a 0.00025% fatality rate.

But it's all academic anyway as we can't get any vaccine at the moment ????

• Like 2

13 hours ago, smedly said:

or it might not

Prayut avoided this vaccine like a plague 

what are they not telling us 

I think you already know what they're not telling us. The Brown envelopes have already been sent and received and the fairy on the Xmas tree has already added a '0'.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Knowing that vaccines can cause problems, it seems like playing Russian roulette when getting jabbed and hoping you miss the bullet.

It's kind of like Russian Roulette with a revolver with 1 million chambers and only 1 has a bullet.  I absolutely agree.

• Like 1

Some off topic posts have been removed, some unattributed posts have been removed, some abusive name calling posts have been removed also replies to the above

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

A 25% fatality rate in the 4-6 people in a million developing clots is not really the same thing as a 25% fatality rate from taking the vaccine - as implied in your original post.

In fact it's more like a 0.00025% fatality rate.

But it's all academic anyway as we can't get any vaccine at the moment ????

I clearly stated in my op of the people who developed the clots the fatality rate was 25% but thanks ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's getting to the point it maybe better to take your chances with covid

Yep.

I had my annual quad 4 flu shot a few days ago ,the young competent Doctor suggested that at my age I should also have the PCV 13 for lung protection,(phumonal) which I did. In passing he said "with both these you probably don't need the covid vac" , which I thought was an interesting comment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goatfarmer said:

Yes but there are/will soon be plenty of clinical data from countries which have ordered millions of doses: Brazil, Chile, Turkey, Indonesia, Philippines, etc. 

It's true that Chile is reporting on their experience. It's normal to follow any vaccine for side effects for years after it receives licensure. But I'm talking about the clinical trials, which have not been published, nor has the trial data been shared. The Sinovac has not done the necessary to receive EUA, even. So, it might pass lo-ball standards of WHO, but many countries would not accept that standard if they start requiring vaccination for entry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-government-negotiating-another-5-million-sinovac-vaccine-doses-from-china

The Thai government is looking to lay its hands on another 5 million batches of the Sinovac Biotech ‘CoronaVac’ vaccine from China.

800,000 more doses of the Sinovac Biotech Covid vaccine arrived in Thailand yesterday and will be administered to health workers, the elderly and at-risk areas, according to Thailand’s public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul yesterday. Another 1 million doses, from the initial order of 2 million shots from China, will arrive next month.

200,000 doses of the Sinovac Biotech arrived 4 weeks ago.

This is pathetic.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, crazykopite said:

That’s if you haven't pegged it by then my friend The Astra Zeneca is perfectly safe all my family have had it back in the U.K. with no side effects  

That's because they weren't among the 1 in 250,000 who get blood clots from AZ on average throughout Europe. 

In Germany the incidence is 1 in LESS than 100,000. Worse than Sinovac in LOS.

That may of course have something to do with reporting systems.

All the affected appear to be young women - i.e. higher risk group.

Google Bayes theorem - it puts a different filter on all these numbers.

5 hours ago, A Los for words said:

I have you know I own  a genuine Georgio Airman suit purchased from the Dragon Mall in Dubai.

Those genuine Airman'is are even cheaper down Kao San now.  Home of high end label products and discount passports.

1 hour ago, friendofthai said:

Almost any vaccine is based on a virus of common cold. Someone die because of common cold every month. So the same category of people will die after vaccination.
Just ask yourself - Are you from this category of people who can die from a common cold? If you are not, you should go and get a vaccine. That is a simple thing to decide.

Your post is misinformation. Some vaccines (AZ, J&J) use Adenovirus vectors to get some bits of Corona into cells of vaccinee. Older style vaccines use killed or inactivated Corona. Pfizer & Moderna use a lipid bubble to send mRNA, instructions for the cell to produce bits of the Corona virus to agitate the immune system. In the pipeline are peptide vaccines and many others (see WHO list attached).

WHO Novel Coronavirus_Landscape_COVID-19 as of 20apr21.pdf

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bluemoonpattaya said:

I have sent an e-mail to the British embassy in Bangkok 3 times,  asking about where i can obtain a suitable vaccine for me. As a British passport holder i was hoping for some response. I'm sure i am not the only person to have sent an e-mail, and would have expected some formal response would have been drafted up. I looked on the embassy website where there is a video about this, but it is 8 weeks old and has not been updated. I have registered my name with Bangkok hospital, who will inform me when a vaccine becomes available.  I was hoping for some guidance from the British embassy.   Stay safe   

The British authorities have issued guidance (sort of) for British citizens in Thailand about getting a vaccine. I got it in one of the regular emails I receive from them. Any British national can get these emails if they register for them.

It's not particularly helpful advice but here it is:

"COVID-19 vaccines if you live in Thailand

Wherever possible British nationals should aim to be vaccinated in the country where they live.

The Thai government has confirmed that vaccinations will be provided for everybody who is resident in Thailand. As information is available about the national vaccination programme in Thailand this page will be updated."

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out a vaccine stops you getting the disease.

None of the current injections available meet the definition of 'vaccine'.

No vaccine is (or ever has been) 100% effective in preventing disease. All a vaccine does is set up your immune system to react to a pathogen if it encounters it in future. However not everyone's immune system works as well as it might. In some people, the immune system is almost entirely ineffective - people who are severely immunocompromised, for instance.

The best figure I've seen quoted is 98% for the measles vaccine.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, placnx said:

Your post is misinformation. Some vaccines (AZ, J&J) use Adenovirus vectors to get some bits of Corona into cells of vaccinee. Older style vaccines use killed or inactivated Corona. Pfizer & Moderna use a lipid bubble to send mRNA, instructions for the cell to produce bits of the Corona virus to agitate the immune system. In the pipeline are peptide vaccines and many others (see WHO list attached).

WHO Novel Coronavirus_Landscape_COVID-19 as of 20apr21.pdf 107.14 kB · 0 downloads

Of course I mean the Vaccines that are really available for ordinary people today, not the exotic/quite_expensive/in-development ones. The commonly available vaccines are all adenovirus based. Which is a common cold virus.

5 hours ago, ParkerN said:

Let me see if I have this right... "All vaccines are 100% effective, except those that aren't".

How did I do?

Efficacy is not a single measure though. What efficacy figure you get depends on what clinical endpoint you're using as the criterion to measure it against.

The usual efficacy measure being quoted for the current crop of Covid vaccines is efficacy in protecting against symptomatic disease. However the same vaccine's effectiveness against any severity of disease would normally be lower, while the efficacy against severe illness would normally be higher and the efficacy against dying, higher still.

So the same vaccine could have several different levels of efficacy, depending on what you're using as the yardstick.

Johnson & Johnson for instance, when it released its phase 3 trial results did exactly this, and quoted 3 different efficacy rates, as measured against 3 different clinical endpoints.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, malibukid said:

good luck with that.  you think this is America?

Yep. We absolutely guarantee against contracting COVID-19 and will bear all costs in the event that you do.

If we can't find a legal exit door. And only if you are neither a man nor a woman.

There, that should be enough for the stupid foreigners. After all, if they weren't completely  stupid, would they ever hire a Jetski?

• Sad 1

Just now, malibukid said:

good luck with that.  you think this is America?

Yep. We absolutely guarantee against contracting COVID-19 and will bear all costs in the event that you do.

If we can't find a legal exit door. And only if you are neither a man nor a woman.

There, that should be enough for the stupid foreigners. After all, if they weren't completely  stupid, would they ever hire a Jetski?

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

Of course I mean the Vaccines that are really available for ordinary people today, not the exotic/quite_expensive/in-development ones. The commonly available vaccines are all adenovirus based. Which is a common cold virus.

As I explained before, some vaccines such as Chinese are the killed or weakened target virus, in this case Coronavac, the really old technology. Historically, developing such vaccines was hit or miss.

They said these reactiions were paralysis or stroke like occurences but treated them with blood clot therapies.  So they were blood clots but they don't want to use that terminology because it sounds too similar with what happened with AZ and JnJ.  

What is happening with Chinese vaccines in China is of course totally unknown, except that Chinese doctors say they don't work very well. 

• Like 2