Required money for Retiree Visa

OP, not clear what your asking.

If you were obtaining a Non O visa based on retirement you would need the 800k on day of application. That you give you 90 day permission of stay. 

If your applying for 12 month extension the requirements for that are outlined above. 

• Confused 1

Thanks guys for your replies. I was actually asking converting from Long stay tourist visa to a retiree visa. Granting a visa has been approved, can you take out the money within just a week or two and transfer it back to your bank account outside Thailand?

Edited by ChrisDoyle
Lacking the right word/s

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you are asking about a extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement.

The 800k baht in the bank for 2 months before the day you apply for the extension. Then you need to keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months from the day you apply and then 400k baht for the remainder of the extension.

Some offices have people return after 3 months to confirm the balance and others every 90 days.

If you did not meet the requirements for the year they could refuse to accept your application for the next extension.

Thanks for your answer bro...

Granting an initial Retiree visa is granted, can we be able to withdraw or transfer back the money into our bank account outside Thailand?

Clarifying everything because visa agency is telling that money deposiyt is not needed, and if I will deposit it in my Thai bank account, it can remove from there too as soon as I wanted...

But wouldn't it be a violation of Immuigration requirement?

6 minutes ago, ChrisDoyle said:

Clarifying everything because visa agency is telling that money deposiyt is not needed, and if I will deposit it in my Thai bank account, it can remove from there too as soon as I wanted...

If you bribe an immigration officer it wouldn't be needed, but normally you do.

12 minutes ago, ChrisDoyle said:

Thanks for your answer bro...

Granting an initial Retiree visa is granted, can we be able to withdraw or transfer back the money into our bank account outside Thailand?

I wrote the requirement in the post you quoted.

10 minutes ago, ChrisDoyle said:

If you use an agent you will have to use them next year if you remove the funds from the bank after getting the extension of stay issued.

20 minutes ago, ChrisDoyle said:

I'm so confused Chris. So your using an agent. How did you last enter Thailand? Tourist visa or visa exempt or .....?

If your using an agent then you will not required 800k in bank etc.

If you actually can deposit money in the bank then you would need to follow the requirements outlined in Ubonjoe advice at start of thread.

Edit: add simple question. How much are you paying your agent. If it's just assistance then few k.

If to cover not having funds in Thai bank etc more like 25k. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ChrisDoyle said:

Thanks guys for your replies. I was actually asking converting from Long stay tourist visa to a retiree visa. Granting a visa has been approved, can you take out the money within just a week or two and transfer it back to your bank account outside Thailand?

No

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Based on your answer I would say not just NO but hell No!  and I'm not U-Joe the expert on these matters now it comes out you are using an agent and the agent is telling you something that goes against the grain of what your original post question.

I guess if you are using an Agent if it was me agent better put everything in writing because if the outcome doesn't work for you who you going to call " Ghostbusters "  for help because the agent won't be around or of any help!????

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm so confused Chris. So your using an agent. How did you last enter Thailand? Tourist visa or visa exempt or .....?

If your using an agent then you will not required 800k in bank etc.

If you actually can deposit money in the bank then you would need to follow the requirements outlined in Ubonjoe advice at start of thread.

Edit: add simple question. How much are you paying your agent. If it's just assistance then few k.

If to cover not having funds in Thai bank etc more like 25k. 

At the start, I acquired the visa from my country of origin. Long Stay tourist visa. Visa was till end February. Then I renewed it by myself at Bangkok immigration for 30 days..then again before the end of March, had it renewed using an agent for another 60 days still at Bangkok immigration. Then now looking to extend my stay here amd I was advised by agent to go for Retiree Visa and fee they are asking me is 25k Baht and telling me that money 800k is not required? Could that be true? Thanks bro

5 minutes ago, ChrisDoyle said:

At the start, I acquired the visa from my country of origin. Long Stay tourist visa. Visa was till end February. Then I renewed it by myself at Bangkok immigration for 30 days..then again before the end of March, had it renewed using an agent for another 60 days still at Bangkok immigration. Then now looking to extend my stay here amd I was advised by agent to go for Retiree Visa and fee they are asking me is 25k Baht and telling me that money 800k is not required? Could that be true? Thanks bro

And also if agent, for 25k Baht fee, they say 800k deposit is not required, doesn't it violate written immigration laws?

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I wrote the requirement in the post you quoted.

If you use an agent you will have to use them next year if you remove the funds from the bank after getting the extension of stay issued.

Why bro? What is the reason behind it? Please kindly help enlighten. Tjanks

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, ChrisDoyle said:

And also if agent, for 25k Baht fee, they say 800k deposit is not required, doesn't it violate written immigration laws?

Agents in Pattaya for almost half that around 15k. (Apparently)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

An agent is able to obtain you a non O based on retirement and subsequent 12 month extension for 25k. The stamps are real and valid. 

If had had the 800k in the bank and were able to leave it in the bank then you could have obtained what I just outlined for 2000+1900 baht. Total ~ 4k

Would seem now you need an agent and I mentioned 25k in previous posts.

I suggest use an agent with history, reviews etc, an office (not a virtual one).

But will it not be counter check by Immigration if there's a money in the bank or not? And is it not illegal?

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

That might be the case but if the poster has to go to Pattaya to obtain that then by the time he pays for transport , hotel and a few short times that will soon mount up ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ChrisDoyle said:

But will it not be counter check by Immigration if there's a money in the bank or not? And is it not illegal?

The fee that your paying is for immigration to "overlook" the money in the bank requirement.

There will be posters (usual suspects) that will post it's all very illegal. 

Bottom line its common place and stamps are issued by immigration.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

The OP,s posts are confusing. However it would seem he has been obtaining extensions perhaps 60 day covid extensions? 

If the agent is obtaining a non o and 12 month extension, my guess is more than 15. 

For folk that use agents ongoing then yes 15k (or slightly less) to just obtain extensions.

Edited by DrJack54

19 minutes ago, ChrisDoyle said:

It is illegal and it will be you in the firing line when the crackdown happens!

Edited by fishtank
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, ChrisDoyle said:

Why bro? What is the reason behind it? Please kindly help enlighten. Tjanks

Because you would not have proof you kept the 800/400k baht in the bank for the year before you applied for the the extension as I wrote. Those are the requirements as written in a immigration order.

On 4/21/2021 at 6:49 PM, ubonjoe said:

The 800k baht in the bank for 2 months before the day you apply for the extension. Then you need to keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months from the day you apply and then 400k baht for the remainder of the extension.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The fee that your paying is for immigration to "overlook" the money in the bank requirement.

There will be posters (usual suspects) that will post it's all very illegal. 

Bottom line its common place and stamps are issued by immigration.

You did not answer the question about 90day/3 month checks.

26 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You did not answer the question about 90day/3 month checks.

What question. Anyway what 3 month check. Only Jomtien and very few other offices require that. 

If you use an agent example Pattaya your stamps will most likely be obtained in another immigration office. 

3 hours ago, ChrisDoyle said:

Yes that's true, but 25k?? A reputable agent will charge you about 16.000k for one years retirement exts.

• Thanks 1

Immigration officers who take a bribe to overlook the financial requirement for a retirement extension are corrupt.

If you think they are stamping your passport without checking your finances out of the kindness of their heart, well, you need to re-check your sanity.

For a government official to take a bribe is illegal - ergo, the stamp in your passport is illegal.

And paying that bribe via an agent is illegal and subject to imprisonment/deportation of the passport holder.

'nuff said

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

Immigration officers who take a bribe to overlook the financial requirement for a retirement extension are corrupt.

If you think they are stamping your passport without checking your finances out of the kindness of their heart, well, you need to re-check your sanity.

For a government official to take a bribe is illegal - ergo, the stamp in your passport is illegal.

And paying that bribe via an agent is illegal and subject to imprisonment/deportation of the passport holder.

'nuff said

This is another subject which is a perennial on the TV forums.

I don't know where it is now, but the rules pertaining to what the immigration office can and can't do were published, or a copy of the document was, and it shows that the chief officer of the said immigration office has the authority to grant/stamp a retirement extension for an applicant, even though that applicant does not have the required amount of money in the bank.

So such an action is legal and does exist, and agents are well aware of this and use it to their advantage. Whether the immigration officer/officer receives an inducement (bribe) never seems to be a problem.

In summary, the granting of a retirement extension without the funds in the bank is legal.

Whatever comes after that, well, who knows what can and can't happen here!

• Sad 1