Bangers and Mash

So I guess I get clobbered for this post not many posters don't  know what Bangers and Mash is I guess it is mostly for British and also for Aussies 

Tonight I made the first time home made onion gravy, what a ripper.I can not describe how beautiful it taste if any body is interested PM me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, polpott said:

The problem with making bangers and mash in Thailand both for me and local restaurants is that the sausages are <deleted>. Where did you get yours and how good were they. They look good.

There made from Harvey Beef!????????????

14 hours ago, faraday said:

Never thought that seeing a picture of Bangers 'n' Mash at 5am, would make me salivate so much.

It's been years since I eaten this, or any decent Sossidge.

Where did you buy them from?

Which area are you? It may be easier to suggest something based on your location.

17 minutes ago, faraday said:

Nongbualamphu

Do you know "Cheese2MeatYou" in Udon?

They have by far the biggest selection of sausages from different countries (deep frozen) that I have seen n Thailand. Plenty of other stuff too. I am not British but love the "Apple Sauce".

• Thanks 1

We got fed up trying to get good sausages at a price that was not extortionate here in CM.

We resorted to making our own and were surprised how easy they are to make, how delicious they taste, and also how cheap they are to make.  

You don't need any electric metal special machines and you will also suddenly have a lot of new friends wanting you to make some for them too. 

• Like 1

Here is the recipe for the gravy

• 1/2 stick (56 grams) unsalted butter
  • 2 large yellow onions , peeled, cut in half and thinly sliced (or diced if you prefer smaller pieces)
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1/2 cup red wine
  • 2 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 1 large sprig fresh sage
  • 2 cups strong beef broth
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon dark balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
  • 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter

Instructions

• Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the sliced onions and sugar and cook for about 30 minutes until caramelized (deep golden). Add the red wine and herbs, bring to a rapid boil for 2 minutes, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the stock, mustard, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove sprigs of herbs. Add the vinegar, whisk in the cornstarch and simmer another minute or two until thickened, whisking continuously. Add the cold butter and whisk until dissolved. Add salt and pepper to taste and more mustard if desired.
  • Like 2

On 4/21/2021 at 10:48 PM, polpott said:

The problem with making bangers and mash in Thailand both for me and local restaurants is that the sausages are <deleted>. Where did you get yours and how good were they. They look good.

I agree with above. Burirampieman has great sausages.

I occasionally make my own. I like to experiment with different flavours. Not difficult and all ingredients available at the local market.

Edited by puchooay

I get my sausages from Makro.

Look in the frozen section. The sausages are made by a Thai company. Pork, Cumberland, Mixed herb, Paprika etc. Not expensive around 200bht per kilo and taste really good.

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2021 at 9:18 AM, jaiyenyen said:

I get my sausages from Makro.

Look in the frozen section. The sausages are made by a Thai company. Pork, Cumberland, Mixed herb, Paprika etc. Not expensive around 200bht per kilo and taste really good.

My taste is the Pork sausages are excellent, the Cumberland sausages not so much.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 4:48 AM, polpott said:

I find Yorkies pork sausages are very good in Pattaya, but it can be a question of personal taste. I am not a fan of onion gravy; slow fried thin sliced onions yes.

Edited by champers