Court dismisses application to stay payment of ฿24bn compensation to Hopewell Thailand

webfact

6 minutes ago, Excel said:

Can't do that now. Contracts signed and no doubt billions of baht transferred to overseas accounts.

That's right Thai's never sell anything once they buy them unless they can get more money after say 5 years.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

This will hit the coffers a bit. Still they have another 180 days to try to wriggle out of it.

I'm sure they will try, the contract was cancelled 20 years ago... still no settlement.

• Like 2

The SRT broke the conditions of the contract. I have been watching this for a long time.

It is time to I pay up & move on (with a bit more wisdom & a bit less greed),

but I doubt they have the nouse to understand commercial law

The annoyance for the Ministry of Transport of having to pay this sum is that the traditional 35% Rule states that 35% of the National Budget gets stolen in corruption. 35% of 25 billion Baht is 8.75 billion Baht. The court is depriving the relevant politicians and officials of this treasure chest. No wonder they are fighting the court's decision.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

This will hit the coffers a bit. Still they have another 180 days to try to wriggle out of it.

And wriggle like hell they most assuredly will.

But this is another (if relatively non-consequenttial on its own) brick in the wall. The signs are there to be read.

Just now, Mr Meeseeks said:

Good luck getting anything out of these greedy parasites. 

And I am quite sure they will  deny any suggestion that no country in the world trusts them, and be genuinely puzzled that anyone would say such a thing. Stupid foreigners eh? Clueless.

Thais rule the world, and have the only worthwhile language in the world (that the Thai government itself says that 65% of Thais cannot speak properly).

I feel all privileged and stuff to live in the third world.

Edited by ParkerN

21 hours ago, ParkerN said:

And I am quite sure they will  deny any suggestion that no country in the world trusts them, and be genuinely puzzled that anyone would say such a thing. Stupid foreigners eh? Clueless.

Thais rule the world, and have the only worthwhile language in the world (that the Thai government itself says that 65% of Thais cannot speak properly).

I feel all privileged and stuff to live in the third world.

5555. I'm feeling the "and stuff" part right now. 

13 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Jesus wept. Please don't remind me of the lunacy. I already feel like I'm surrounded by a funny farm...

Hey Parker. The only way I cling to the scant threads of sanity I have is to remind myself that I can still recognize outright lunacy when I see it. 

Please don't ask me to abandon that solice. But I probably should keep it to myself. 

• Like 1