Thai Prime Minister Explains Government’s Vaccination Program

webfact

a46c6f95b940d9ccf302a0c278d8ca1f_small.jpg

By Subhabhong Rarueysong

BANGKOK (NNT) - Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has explained that the government’s vaccination program had not been overly slow, nor unjustly favored one producer over another. He assured that the Covid-19 vaccines Thailand now had were being administered quickly and efficiently, adding that the number of doses will be increased from July and reach 61 million by the end of the year.

He said initially, the purchases Thailand made were based on the situation at that time, when the country was successful in containing the outbreak, and the government did not want to put people’s lives at risk since some of the available vaccines used untried technology.

The prime minister said now those vaccines have been successfully used elsewhere, the government has allowed their manufacturers to make proposals and the government was considering ways to buy from them.

He pointed out that he had also responded to calls, especially from social media users, to allow the private sector to import vaccines from manufacturers other than the two which the government had already bought, AstraZeneca and CoronaVac by Sinovac Biotech. He had set up a panel to consider the private sector’s purchase of vaccines.

nnt.jpg
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, webfact said:

the number of doses will be increased from July and reach 61 million by the end of the year

So if everybody needs 2 injections (unless Thailand get the Johnson vaccine), then they will only have fully vaccinated around half of the population by Christmas.

How will TAT spin those news?

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The man is an absolute disgrace, the vaccine situation is just a damned disgrace, but he does not care.

Had his jab, so stuff all you peasants.????

IIRC didn't our illustrious leader have the Sinovac vaccine? I see he didn't suffer a clot.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

IIRC didn't our illustrious leader have the Sinovac vaccine? I see he didn't suffer a clot.

I think he might have, he has been so forgetful of the things he has said and has to tell different stories every day.  Ah yes, this is the remake of The Never Ending Story starring General Prayut.....

• Like 1

Nice to see a fire under that backside. Likely we will get more "explanations"  as it grows.

After successfully saying as little as possible, they were forced to unveil their vaccination plan a couple months back. Then it went through three changes due to mounting criticism. And this is the fourth vaccination plan, or is it fifth? They're coming quick now.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

the government did not want to put people’s lives at risk since some of the available vaccines used untried technology

Ah, the real reason for the delays ... torn from today's headlines about blood clots, it's because they care.  

-need more coffee-.

Edited by LomSak27

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has explained that the government’s vaccination program had not been overly slow, nor unjustly favored one producer over another. He assured that the Covid-19 vaccines Thailand now had were being administered quickly and efficiently, adding that the number of doses will be increased from July and reach 61 million by the end of the year.

Anyone else spot the connection?

• Like 2

Me, my mates, me and my mates families, anyone whose loyalty is needed to keep me and my mates in place: police and army bosses, (they have the guns and troops) senior officials in various departments ( they know too much about lots of things), powerful and influential people (we owe them remember); err, that's it really.

• Like 1