Thailand Aims to Boost Vaccines by 50% So It Can Reopen for Tourists

webfact

8 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Foreign tourism is probably fully a third 33% of GDP.

What figures did use for personal consumption; private investment; government spending; and exports imports or did you pull 33% out of your ring hole? ????

• Like 1

it must of come as quite a shock for the government to realize their lack of buying vaccine doses early on in an effort to generate a monopoly on a certain vaccine type here in thailand has caused the world to now consider thais as the dirty foreigners who will spread disease to them.

karma can be vicious...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, madmen said:

What figures did use for personal consumption; private investment; government spending; and exports imports or did you pull 33% out of your ring hole? ????

My calculations are based mainly on earnings from HJs.

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is more like it, had they done this a year ago then they would have a chance of getting it completed this year.

It will drag into 2022 for one reason only - incompetence and ignorance.

Remind us, who had approved vaccine for sale a year ago?

Look to the west for incompetence and ignorance, with infection so far out of control their only option was to take a punt on vaccine success.

If you wish to make commitments without doing the homework up to you, not a policy most would adopt.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Look to the west for incompetence and ignorance, with infection so far out of control their only option was to take a punt on vaccine success.

If you wish to make commitments without doing the homework up to you, not a policy most would adopt.

Many countries placed bets and made investments at the very outset of vaccine research. Even countries that had virtually no reported infections. Many invested in multiple vaccine candidates.

I can agree with your sentiment that many western countries did not handle the outbreaks as well as they could have. Well, not all the west. New Zealand and Australia have done very well. But, the virus exposes western individualistic tendencies which are not ideal in a pandemic. At the same time, all the best vaccines have also been developed by the west. So ... It's also worth noting that virtually nothing China says can be trusted, so we will never know how well or how poorly they handled the outbreak in China. The only information we get is obvious propaganda. Or, are we to believe that in the country with 1.3 Billion people, until recently they had only a few thousand infections? 

Be well 

By the way, @sandyf did you see the threads about the Thai Domestic tourism?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I have to say that I've never experienced the 'maelstrom that characterizes normal life here' as you put it. However I sure am glad that I followed my wife's advice in moving to her village some 4 years ago. Covid has, by and large, just passed us by here and I'm not too bothered about the pace of the vaccination programme. 

It wouldn't suit everyone I know, but for me the slow pace of village life is just what I need for my latter years.

Jealous, here.

My wife is from a farm village as a child.

She likes the city life, and  nurse daughter works in a large hospital.

I have had a couple of strokes, so a pleasant rural village lifeis out.????

39 minutes ago, sandyf said:

China has done great.  Economy rocking.  Virus under control.  Yes, the West blew it.

• Like 2