'Entry Thailand' online information centre launched for vaccinated international visitors

webfact

ETH.jpg

Providing six steps of arrangements, from COE registration and flight bookings to quarantine and insurance, for entering Thailand

TAT Newsroom

Bangkok, 21 April, 2021 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is pleased to announce the launched of the “Entry Thailand” online platform under integrated efforts by related government agencies to facilitate vaccinated international visitors.

Available on www.entrythailand.go.th/journey/1, the one-stop platform enables all arrangements, specifically for international visitors who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are eligible for a shorten mandatory quarantine period per the Royal Thai Government’s announcement, which takes effect from 1 April, 2021.

The landing page entails ‘Preparation Step’ with overview on Thailand’s latest entry policy.

International visitors who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine, approved, and registered with Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health or approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO), no less than 14 days before the travelling date, will be eligible for the reduction of quarantine to seven days.

Unvaccinated visitors will be subjected to no less than a 10-day quarantine, while any visitors from the 11 countries with SAR-CoV-2 virus mutations and variants, as announced by the Ministry of Public Health, will be quarantined for 14 days.

After understanding the overview of the rules and conditions, fully vaccinated international visitors can then proceed on the six simple steps.

Step 1: Registration for the Certificate of Entry (COE). Results for pre-approval may take three days.

Step 2: Flight booking on either a repatriation flight or semi-commercial flight. Tickets must be purchased within 15 days after receiving the pre-approved COE.

Step 3: Book and submit confirmation of the Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) hotel booking within 15 days after receiving the pre-approved COE. Any ASQ accommodation booked via the “Entry Thailand” system will automatically report the booking status to the COE system, or upload proof of confirmation in the “Entry Thailand” system.

Step 4: Purchase and submit proof of a COVID-19 health insurance policy within 15 days after receiving the pre-approved COE. Any COVID-19 insurance policy booked via the “Entry Thailand” system will automatically report the booking status to the COE system, or upload documents in the “Entry Thailand” system.

Step 5: Check the COE status and prepare additional documents before travelling.

Step 6: Prepare for the journey by downloading and registering with the “Thailand Plus Application”, complete the Thailand Health Declaration, or T.8 Form, as well as prepare other relevant documents for entry into Thailand.

Learn more about the “Entry Thailand” online platform at www.entrythailand.go.th/journey/1.

TAT is constantly providing updates on the tourism-related COVID-19 situation in Thailand at the TAT Newsroom (www.tatnews.org); Facebook (tatnews.org); and Twitter (Tatnews_Org).

For additional information and assistance relating to Thailand’s tourism, contact the TAT Contact Centre 1672 or Tourist Police 1155.

Source: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/04/entry-thailand-online-information-centre-launched-for-vaccinated-international-visitors/

4ccdac0057e1b125817854c2d637d854.png

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Providing six steps of arrangements, from COE registration and flight bookings to quarantine and insurance, for entering Thailand

Showaddywaddy got to heaven in 3 steps... keep trying.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kwaibill said:

I just read that maskless foreigners on Samui face a 20,000 baht fine.

How about increasing number of maskless Thai people?

Most Covid transmission is domestic.

Dropping the mask on the beach for a quick smoke could be real costly.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1

According ti Steps 2,3 and 4, you must book your travel ticket,  book your ASQ hotel and get your health certificate within 15 days of getting your COE. I booked my RT flight on  April 16th, booked my ASQ hotel in late March and will receive my COE in May. Does this mean I can't enter Thailand on June 16th?

And the medical reason fro making fully vacinated tourists quarantine for 7 days is.....?

And if they test positive (which will happen for some, as they can carry the virus, even if vaccinated), they will go to a field hospital for their nice overseas holiday:) They will get free wifi anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, newnative said:

5 steps too many.

7.  Jump up and down on one leg while juggling a bowling pin, a hammer, and a tennis ball while singing Chart Thai with an Issan-Lao accent.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why doesn't TAT just add another couple of hoops to jump through to entice Tourists to come to Thailand,...... bloody rediculous,  it seems they are making it more difficult for tourists to visit Thailand, as if they really don't want them at all, 

Maybe No 7 should read if you don't want all this hassle,  just sent your cash via bank transfer to HM gov. Com

Edited by Soikhaonoiken
Wrong spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thailen said:

According ti Steps 2,3 and 4, you must book your travel ticket,  book your ASQ hotel and get your health certificate within 15 days of getting your COE. I booked my RT flight on  April 16th, booked my ASQ hotel in late March and will receive my COE in May. Does this mean I can't enter Thailand on June 16th?

Yup

51 minutes ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Why doesn't TAT just add another couple of hoops to jump through to entice Tourists to come to Thailand,...... bloody rediculous,  it seems they are making it more difficult for tourists to visit Thailand, as if they really don't want them at all, 

Maybe No 7 should read if you don't want all this hassle,  just sent your cash via bank transfer to HM gov. Com

It's gov.co.th

51 minutes ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

It's gov.co.th

I need to go to Europe soon because of family matters.

It scares to <deleted> out of me with all the BS I need to go through when coming back.
I have full insurance from EU but not a specific Covid plan. How to deal with that?
From Website I can buy it for almost 7,000 THB. What a waste.
I can't stay in my home for quarantine so the nearest place is a hotel of 35K  Baht for 7 days assuming I have my vaccination in EU.
Oh man. Why do they make it so hard?

1 hour ago, bluebellpepper said:

I need to go to Europe soon because of family matters.

It scares to <deleted> out of me with all the BS I need to go through when coming back.
I have full insurance from EU but not a specific Covid plan. How to deal with that?
From Website I can buy it for almost 7,000 THB. What a waste.
I can't stay in my home for quarantine so the nearest place is a hotel of 35K  Baht for 7 days assuming I have my vaccination in EU.
Oh man. Why do they make it so hard?

Where to buy insurance that had 100,000$US Covid coverage for 7000 baht ?  Because it has to be 100k according to site

Edited by pixelaoffy

On 4/21/2021 at 7:02 PM, webfact said:

International visitors who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine, approved, and registered with Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health or approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO), no less than 14 days before the travelling date, will be eligible for the reduction of quarantine to seven days.

Any mandatory quarantine makes it a non-starter for 95% of tourists.

The reduction to 7 days is a nice little change for people who were already coming- those with jobs, property, families, etc.  But it's not going to increase tourism.

Edited by impulse