Ko Chang

rocky123

The NDTVi YT blogger (Nick Dean) seems to be on KC at the moment with a few of his mates. Gives an idea of current travel / ferry arrangements plus a look at the state of play on restos / hotels. Think he is based at White Sands beach. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am just back from a week on ko Chang (3rd May 2021) It was ghostly empty, but we had a great time. No crowds but lots of restaurants open and you can get a drink there. All the negative spins about, shut down, compulsory covit tests and ferry closier were WRONG. Dont know where ppl get there info, so much fearmongering in the world.

31 minutes ago, rocky123 said:

Well I am just back from a week on ko Chang (3rd May 2021) It was ghostly empty, but we had a great time. No crowds but lots of restaurants open and you can get a drink there. All the negative spins about, shut down, compulsory covit tests and ferry closier were WRONG. Dont know where ppl get there info, so much fearmongering in the world.

Great news!  It's not fear mongering.  It's been published by the provincial government that tests were mandatory.  Enforced either on arrival or by your hotel. 

I never read the ferry was closed.  And depending on where you stayed, might have an impact on whether you were tested or not.  Smaller places might let you get by without it.  The bigger resorts, like Centara, might not.

3 hours ago, rocky123 said:

Stayed at the Centara tropicana, great place. At no time, anywhere on ko chang, were we asked for evidence of a test.

That's great news!  We were on our way, but decided not to take a chance.  We're in Chonburi.  Would hate to get to the ferry and be told we couldn't go.  That was the case during the second wave.  And soon may happen with this 3rd wave.  Sucks.

• Like 1