Pattaya: Pit Bull taken to temple to apologize after savaging owner to death

webfact

8 hours ago, Aforek said:

Yes, so are  people who organised the ceremony : the only thing to was to euthanize this dog

I like dogs, but not dangerous dogs

Did the dog understood what was the ceremony organised for ? I doubt ...????

Dogs are not born like this , does anybody know what the owner did to provoke this behavior ?? 

• Sad 1

Reading the story I just want to laugh and if I told this to friends and family back home there isn't enough money on my pay to go account to wait for them to stop rolling on the floor to get back to me! Truly a sad situation!

It is stories like this that truly show why this is " The land of stupidity " and I don't like to use this word at all. 

The dog should have been put to sleep if they think he can be redeem then they should have taken the muzzle and chains off and if that was the case the story would have been written differently!????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aforek said:

Read the title ; 

"pitbull taken to the temple to apologize "

second chance ? the dog is  not even conscious it has killed somebody, don't think of it as an human being , it's a dog, it thinks like a dog 

I trust a dog more than any human being. For a dog to maul any one, no one asked what was done to them to behave this way. No one talk about human breeding them to attack, to guard their properties basically as a prisoner cum tool. We share this world among other living things, you think none will hit back for what human has done to them? So for those idiots in tvf, I know it's not easy to comprehend but humans don't own this planet. You think you are smart but you are merely bringing forward your own extinction with your blatant disregard for life. 

• Like 1

This is the 21st century, for crying out loud. Are these people of any decent state of mind?

Doggie apologized, wagging the tail and was clearly happy to meet the wife of the victim Wanphen Khumkhong, also 56. I hope, that Khun Wanphen is aware that she might be next. If so, then Doggie will be doing some ordination and serve as a monk for three months in the upcoming Buddhist lent. 

It is ridiculous and makes Buddhism ridiculous too which is absolutely unfair to the latter - me thinks! 

• Like 1

Enough!   

"Giant, aged 2, the Pit Bull breed or Ban Dog that savaged its owner to death last week has been taken to his funeral in Pattaya.

He took part in a ceremony called "khor khama" in which he apologized to the corpse. 

Siam Chon News reported that Giant wagged his tail and was clearly happy to meet the wife of the victim Wanphen Khumkhong, also 56.

Relatives inquired about Giant's condition and if he could eat while muzzled.

He performed the ceremony and soon left."

So the dog went to the cremation on his own, then lit up an incense stick and took part in the ceremony without a wuff wuff.

Then he wagged his tail looking at all the soon to be victims once he doesn't have the ugly thing around its mouth. The dog was happy to meet the victim's wife?

That goes way over the top and the usual respect to a guy who got killed by this ugly monster was being destroyed by doing so. But as the old saying goes: " You can't fix stu_id."

That's basically all you need to know about Thai culture. Instead of brining the dog to a vet to get a deadly injection, he was brought to the cremation of the guy, the freaking monster killed.

If something like that happens, a dog must be killed, no other possible way, the dog will do it again if given the chance. 

That shows how well Theravada Buddhism goes, because it wouldn't work without a monk's yes doing so.

I'd like to see the dog's "leftovers" to find the next lottery numbers. 

Edited by Covedian21

I guess this means no chance they will kill all the soil dogs as is needed.  Such a meaningful testimonial to the real Thailand that so many of you try to defend.  Perhaps if some of you old, long timers had tried to change things this past 30 years, rather than just accept it , things wouldn't be so bad today.  

All you people who paid taxis more than you should have. 

Didn't fight against police extortion. 

Thought the bribery system was good because you could drink n drive or speed as fast as you wanted. 

Didn't complain enough about soi dogs.

And why is this American bully breed is popular in Thailand?

Edited by Elkski

3 hours ago, iamariva1957 said:

There is no such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners.
The instrument of Karma takes many forms.

So by your reckoning, the 2 boys who killed James Bulgar were badly raised? 
These are animals and can turn in a second. Even poodles and Jack Russels are bitey little "&$$£(@} but because they dont kill they never get a mention! Those breeds are more angry than pit bulls!

9 hours ago, YetAnother said:

pit bull probably wants another crack at ex owner

Maybe expecting a few bones to gnaw on! The dog should be no more - it should be pushing up the daisies! (As John Cleese woud put it!)

There's something very wrong in the World when an animal kills a human tastes human blood and it is allowed to live only to commit the killing again. 

It now knows how to kill Mercilessly and will seek the taste and smell of human blood again.  Ergo: A threat to public safety. 

Did we not learn this from Biology class in Junior high school?   

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, anchadian said:

I understand that the owner did accept the pit bull's apology.  I also understand that the pit bull stated that he wouldn't do it again.

What a ridiculous story.

And waving its tail to the wife had a particular meaning. You are next! 

Checking on the breed's history, apparently these dogs were originally used to bait bulls!

Which is probably why, "In 1991, the UK government decided to ban pit bulls in response to a slew of incidents involving vicious, often unprovoked attacks, by this particular breed of dog, on humans"

But, here, they are allowed, and when one viciously attacks and kills its owner it is "taken to the temple to apologise"??? 

No wonder Thailand has such a poor record on Human Rights!