Thai media reveals desperate plight of Pattaya’s bar workers due to COVID-19

webfact

tent.jpg

Picture: Siam Chon News

Siam Chon News reported that the situation in Pattaya is so desperate that bar girls have resorted to erecting a tent to sleep on their closed premises. 

Owner Mayuree, 44, said in Soi Bua Khao only her and three or four staff were left after others went to their villages. 

She was just trying to find the rent but if the Covid-19 situation doesn't improve she might be forced to close for good. 

Some of the staff were bedding down in the tent, they had no money for anything else.

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Siam Chon News

Bars and pubs and other entertainment has been ordered shut and gatherings on the beach and at reservoirs has been banned in orders issued by Chonburi governor Phakrathorn Thienchai. 

Mayuree said the situation was terrible, made worse by the news that some people had delivered krathom tea to people in state quarantine near her bar.

She feared things like this could lead to more Covid spread and more misery for her and other bar owners on the edge of extinction. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-22

• Sad 5

40 minutes ago, Shuya said:

Business as usual it seems

I gave you a laughing emoticon because it was a witty comment.. but you should have added your sympathy for their plight..

No money , no food

Just to be on the record as not minimizing the impact of this cluster-you know what..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Don't worry girls , 2000 yanks are on their way to save the day !

and 13 germans due to be released from quarantine soon.

You see! , it's not all doom and gloom. ????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Siam Chon News reported that the situation in Pattaya is so desperate that bar girls have resorted to erecting a tent to sleep on their closed premises

How much does the show cost?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

You can have your opinion OK but not all residents of Pattaya cheat, my lady friend is a hairdresser

she can't find enough customers, her kids work at the Hilton hotel and have been laid off.

I don't make jokes about them I feel for them.

Eh... i said that if you would say like they deserved it because they cheated it would be bad. I never said they cheated i gave it as an example of lack of empathy.

Its on a totally different level as the word jokes that were made in this topic.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Excel said:

Say what you want about them, and its appalling that so many on TV decry them for what they do but at the end of the day they are as human as you and I and their future is looking very grim right now

Very true. If their clients spent a bit of time talking to them about their families instead of treating them simply as a plaything then the service providers would appreciate the interest in them and no doubt offer more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

She feared things like this could lead to more Covid spread and more misery for her and other bar owners on the edge of extinction. 

Covid somehow bypassed certain countries like Thailand and the Philippines most of the 2020 but just started affecting them one by one and cases in these Asian countries skyrocketed within a few weeks in March and April of this year. No one really knows why. It is becoming very obvious that bars and neon lighted streets full of people is slowly becoming a concept of the past, sweet memories of the last decade.

Edited by pattayadude

13 hours ago, robblok said:

Its up to the Thai goverment to help not us. Back home its bad too but some jokes don't mean that there is no empathy. Its sad to see how this hurts people all over the world. Its time for governments to step up. In my country businesses get some support. Of course closures are happening and income is lost. Its sad but not as if we can help it. I too have less income because of it (clients hurting too). 

But to joke a lil and to make light of a situation does not mean there is no empathy. Should we all be depressed and not laugh anymore. We aren't laughing at their misfortune just making word jokes. 

Would be different if people were laughing at their misfortune and saying things like then they should not have cheated people before ect ect. 

Just my opinion.

Do not tar all people with the same brush

• Like 1
  • Confused 1