Thai media reveals desperate plight of Pattaya’s bar workers due to COVID-19

webfact

21 hours ago, petedk said:

Some of these people could at least TRY something else

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    they all have phones.....the internet is full of info...example..youtube--how to wash clothes---plenty of those doing that in LOS..is not difficult to learn, or learn to cook, etc +++

Anyone here is free to "sponsor" the poor lasses and sent them your pensions--dont forget the buffalo

Or maybe even consider your neighbors in your own country as the world is suffering from covid--not just poor little bargirls who sell sex instead of learning ANY other skill.....and they seem to gather in pattaya where I am sure there are many other jobs that need done, not just laying on your back..smh

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

For some reason everyone is centered on bar girls only, they cannot find other jobs because there are none. You must remember that while the bars are closed everyone suffers from the ice man, the food carts, the bottle stores, the nic nac carts, 7/11s, not to mention the money they send home to family's and the list goes on and on. So have a little sympathy as they get no help whatsoever from their govt.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2021 at 10:10 AM, bkk6060 said:

I know a lady business owner in Phuket.

She said several friends who are out of business have come to her recently so depressed they are thinking of harming themselves.   She does her best to counsel them and give them hope but in reality, they have none now.

Very sad.

If things in Pattaya are bad then things in Phuket are pretty much beyond desperate.....Phuket expats are very few in number these days I think....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

I spoke with Som, Lek, Noi, PLoy, and Goong, they thank all of the thai bargirl apologist and wanted me to forward the address of where you can all send money.

If only there was ANY other option other than laying on their backs...when you agree to be a bargirl seems its a career choice with no option to quit, and find a need for a service, other than sex, and fill that need.  pain is a motivator, for any and all in this world.....hence the old saying I guess I should have stayed in school..

Hence old sayings--we reap what we sow-----save for a rainy day---plan for your future----what goes around comes around...and many many more...

Maybe someone should set up a Go Fund Me for the poor lasses....(sob)  Put your money where your mouth is if you are so broken hearted about a Worldwide issue

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/22/2021 at 9:32 AM, keith101 said:

As much as you may have meant this to be funny its just not , these people are really suffering and have families that rely on their income to survive as well .

Maybe they should figure out something else than pimping out their children.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Maybe they should figure out something else than pimping out their children.

And so the cycle continues....as opposed to learning any other skill than the easiest one with no future---apart from foolish old pensioners

And to put my money where my mouth is, I got my teaching degree here, Im happy to teach to anyone that wants to learn--for free

If I could only find that minority in LOS....a nod to the many chinese gals Ive met in LOS that speak english very well indeed, why?...they chose to learn it...and studied

R9712013b4e0298b96650763045e4ad9e?rik=4l

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

And so the cycle continues....as opposed to learning any other skill than the easiest one with no future---apart from foolish old pensioners

And to put my money where my mouth is, I got my teaching degree here, Im happy to teach to anyone that wants to learn--for free

If I could only find that minority in LOS....a nod to the many chinese gals Ive met in LOS that speak english very well indeed, why?...they chose to learn it...and studied

R9712013b4e0298b96650763045e4ad9e?rik=4l

You made your point.. no need to keep banging on about. We get it.. they could do something else..

But just casual labor..like my nephew, a commercial airline pilot.

But I'm calling BS on your pseudo-offer to teach English for free..

Advertise this with some signs, and put your time where your mouth is..

Edited by bobbin
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

And not forgetting the countless young guys that turn up here seeking their services and sending them sponsorship money....they are even daft enough to buy lady drinks over the net while live streaming during these times......us old chaps ain`t THAT daft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2021 at 6:40 PM, pattayadude said:

Covid somehow bypassed certain countries like Thailand and the Philippines most of the 2020 but just started affecting them one by one and cases in these Asian countries skyrocketed within a few weeks in March and April of this year. No one really knows why. It is becoming very obvious that bars and neon lighted streets full of people is slowly becoming a concept of the past, sweet memories of the last decade.

Covid did not bypass the Philippines. The whole country has been locked down tight for over a year. Unfortunately the lockdown is causing more suffering and death than the virus itself. The schools have all been closed for more than a year.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 5:27 PM, lavender19 said:

Typical bunch of smug ba$tard comments from retirees on fat pensions sitting in their gated ghetto's

1. I don't live in a gated community or condo, I live on a normal Soi surrounded by Thais & expats.

2. The fact that during my working life I made the right employment choices with 2 careers each providing a pension & I was also fully paid up in the state pension scheme, so yes comfortable thanks, we all have choices in this life, I made mine and the bargirls made theirs.

3. Thailand is a 3rd world country which becomes more evident every day, health system failing, hardly any social welfare and a corrupt, inept government who are only concerned with themselves & their buddies.

Look at Bangkok, all gleaming towers, wonderous infrastructure, then look behind the facade, nothing but poverty & despair, and now COVID-19. Not a lot any of us can do about that, that I'm afraid, maybe you should petition the Czar, good luck with that.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tomyami said:

many doing webcam from loom and have paypal account so can still keep the thai whiskey supply for the useless lazy thai men

I dont care since they stopped call me hansum man they lost there charm long before covid.

What about the desperate plight of lazy Thai men who live with an unemployed bar girl? No sympathy for them?

And what about those poor Toms who can’t sponge off bargirls anymore?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

And what about those poor Toms who can’t sponge off bargirls anymore?

Is that the case? I got an impression many were involved in businesses and made money.

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Is that the case? I got an impression many were involved in businesses and made money.

Yeah, in Pattaya, the main business is sponging off bargirls.

I don’t know about Toms up north, I never see any outside of the big cities.

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2021 at 9:44 AM, smiggley said:

For some reason everyone is centered on bar girls only, they cannot find other jobs because there are none.

Grab is always hiring. If this guy can do a bargirl can do

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

What about the desperate plight of lazy Thai men who live with an unemployed bar girl? No sympathy for them?

Let me help you out here: I have sympathy for bargirls living with useless lazy thai men,*whether the bargirls are employed or not. And that includes all the second hand smoke she has to put up with.

* And whether she wants to be living with this lowlife or not

On 4/25/2021 at 10:09 AM, WineOh said:

I'd rather be sitting on a fat pension that I have worked hard for all my life than sitting on a curb in Pattaya, wondering how did I screw my life up so bad.

In this life, you get out what you put in.

never forget that.

To be fair, the only reason you got a fat pension is because you were born in certain country. If Thailand had the system in place like the country you came from you wouldn't be here exploiting it. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Pravda said:

To be fair, the only reason you got a fat pension is because you were born in certain country

Who said i’ve got a fat pension??

western people who work hard get a good pension because they pay good money into it. In Thailand, the system does not care about its citizens well being and therefore couldn't care less if they get a pension or not.

thats not my fault, is it?

it is the fault of the Thais for putting up with such a mediocre set of circumstances. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WineOh said:

Who said i’ve got a fat pension??

western people who work hard get a good pension because they pay good money into it. In Thailand, the system does not care about its citizens well being and therefore couldn't care less if they get a pension or not.

thats not my fault, is it?

it is the fault of the Thais for putting up with such a mediocre set of circumstances. 

None fauld. Just luck of the draw. 

I come from poor country, lived in rich country and now I'm in a poor country again. Thai government treats its people very very bad. That is a fact.