Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Opening Thailand: PM pushing ahead with "Phuket Model" and expresses regret about Sinovac cases


Recommended Posts

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

 

Daily News reported on the comments of Thai Prime minister Prayuth Chan-ocha speaking in Bang Jork district of Bangkok yesterday.

 

He said that his government was pressing ahead with the so-called Phuket Model to open the country to foreign tourist arrivals. 

 

He mentioned something called "Chain Block" in this regard that was not explained.

 

Things were getting ready and now 20%  had received vaccine and 60% would follow suit soon. It was not clear what he was referring to here, something about the provinces.

 

He claimed there was lots of time to get things ready but that vaccination was the key and readiness a priority.

 

"We can't just open the country blindly," he said. "It has to be done safely then tourists will come back and make Thailand popular again".

 

He then referenced a common "Big Too" theme calling on people not to argue lest problems could not be solved. 

 

Regarding the six cases of temporary paralysis in patients who had Sinovac jabs he expressed his sadness but told the media that there is always a risk and that the health authorities would handle matters.

 

Meanwhile Manager reported from Phuket that the main concern there was how much vaccine is available and when.

 

There is still a feeling there that the province can be opened on July 1st despite the third wave of coronavirus that has swept Thailand. 

 

3pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager

 

They reported that domestic tourism - even four million Thais visiting - was not enough to keep the island's economy rosy and everyone wanted to see foreign tourists back there as soon as possible.

 

Some people used to large incomes were now trying to live off 1,900 baht a month, they suggested.

 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-22
 
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, webfact said:

He mentioned something called "Chain Block" in this regard that was not explained

Does he mean that he will use "Chain to Block" the virus  🙄

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I drove past a sign-posted Covid-19 vaccine administration site in Karon Beach, Phuket, today. I don't know what the requirements were to get the jab...needless to say I didn't stop. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RichardColeman said:

I'm not sure if he is saying "Feel The power", or singing along to the Spice Girls ! 

3pm.jpg

 

I can tell you what he's not saying, will that help?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I drove past a sign-posted Covid-19 vaccine administration site in Karon Beach, Phuket, today. I don't know what the requirements were to get the jab...needless to say I didn't stop. 

They are opening up for those to receive 2nd jab

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just open a damn country and stock ur self with  airport express tests. Jack up insurances so they can can cover covid related issues.

Everyone who's coming with antibodies and jabs are good to go. People with covid in progress are going in mandatory observations free of charge.

 

Easy as 1-2-3

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, boogiewoogie said:

Just open a damn country and stock ur self with  airport express tests. Jack up insurances so they can can cover covid related issues.

Everyone who's coming with antibodies and jabs are good to go. People with covid in progress are going in mandatory observations free of charge.

 

Easy as 1-2-3

You must be new in the country?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm not sure if he is saying "Feel The power", or singing along to the Spice Girls ! 

3pm.jpg

More like 'Talk to the hand as the head isn't listening' ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

In order to open Phuket for Tourists there will have to be a minimum 70% full Vaccination of the entire population on the Island.

And this numbers are with a vaccine having an efficiency cover rate of 70-90%

the latest studies show an efficiency cover rate of 50% for the Sinovac, which is 

so far mainly the vaccine used in Thailand

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

And this numbers are with a vaccine having an efficiency cover rate of 70-90%

the latest studies show an efficiency cover rate of 50% for the Sinovac, which is 

so far mainly the vaccine used in Thailand

NO

Sinovac is only 50 % efficient

70 % full vaccination is required to achieve a Herd Immunity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boogiewoogie said:

Just open a damn country and stock ur self with  airport express tests. Jack up insurances so they can can cover covid related issues.

Everyone who's coming with antibodies and jabs are good to go. People with covid in progress are going in mandatory observations free of charge.

 

Easy as 1-2-3

Matches some peoples IQ level

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

NO

Sinovac is only 50 % efficient

70 % full vaccination is required to achieve a Herd Immunity.

Yes that's exactly what i was writing about the Sinovac

 

About the famous herd immunity, afaik so far there is no any country

in the world having rushing this point, Even Israel, one of the countries

with the highest rate of vaccination, is very far from the 70%

 

And the new strains are still the big question

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yes that's exactly what i was writing about the Sinovac

 

About the famous herd immunity, afaik so far there is no any country

in the world having rushing this point, Even Israel, one of the countries

with the highest rate of vaccination, is very far from the 70%

 

And the new strains are still the big question

Misunderstood you in your post.

And as far as some of the newer Variants such as " Brazilian " , " South African " and the new baddy they say is coming out of India, if Thailand becomes infected with those, then they are done for , as they seem to be unable to cope with the One Variant that has been located in the Country so far

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Efficacy?", asked Prayut.

 

"Should be OK." answered concrete and rebar expert Anutin, the Health Minister.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In simple terms I want foreigners money or I am beholden to all my rich friends who own Phuket tourist hotels and I don't care about old people.  In fact it will leave more money in the pot to divy up if we don't need to pay so many old age pensions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rabas said:

answered concrete and rebar expert Anutin,

and poured the concrete into the deep water

Link to post
Share on other sites

What about the"Head of the medical department", that idiot Anutin?

 

He apologizing for having him in charge of anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Some people used to large incomes were now trying to live off 1,900 baht a month, they suggested."

 

yes that is a big drop in Phuket - down from 1900 baht per night....

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, webfact said:

They reported that domestic tourism - even four million Thais visiting - was not enough to keep the island's economy rosy and everyone wanted to see foreign tourists back there as soon as possible.

 

@sandyf oh no! I guess they think the Thai Domestic Tourism is not enough. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...