Opening Thailand: PM pushing ahead with "Phuket Model" and expresses regret about Sinovac cases

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported on the comments of Thai Prime minister Prayuth Chan-ocha speaking in Bang Jork district of Bangkok yesterday.

He said that his government was pressing ahead with the so-called Phuket Model to open the country to foreign tourist arrivals. 

He mentioned something called "Chain Block" in this regard that was not explained.

Things were getting ready and now 20%  had received vaccine and 60% would follow suit soon. It was not clear what he was referring to here, something about the provinces.

He claimed there was lots of time to get things ready but that vaccination was the key and readiness a priority.

"We can't just open the country blindly," he said. "It has to be done safely then tourists will come back and make Thailand popular again".

He then referenced a common "Big Too" theme calling on people not to argue lest problems could not be solved. 

Regarding the six cases of temporary paralysis in patients who had Sinovac jabs he expressed his sadness but told the media that there is always a risk and that the health authorities would handle matters.

Meanwhile Manager reported from Phuket that the main concern there was how much vaccine is available and when.

There is still a feeling there that the province can be opened on July 1st despite the third wave of coronavirus that has swept Thailand. 

3pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager

They reported that domestic tourism - even four million Thais visiting - was not enough to keep the island's economy rosy and everyone wanted to see foreign tourists back there as soon as possible.

Some people used to large incomes were now trying to live off 1,900 baht a month, they suggested.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-22

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I drove past a sign-posted Covid-19 vaccine administration site in Karon Beach, Phuket, today. I don't know what the requirements were to get the jab...needless to say I didn't stop. 

They are opening up for those to receive 2nd jab

• Like 2

Just open a damn country and stock ur self with  airport express tests. Jack up insurances so they can can cover covid related issues.

Everyone who's coming with antibodies and jabs are good to go. People with covid in progress are going in mandatory observations free of charge.

Easy as 1-2-3

14 minutes ago, boogiewoogie said:

Just open a damn country and stock ur self with  airport express tests. Jack up insurances so they can can cover covid related issues.

Everyone who's coming with antibodies and jabs are good to go. People with covid in progress are going in mandatory observations free of charge.

Easy as 1-2-3

You must be new in the country?

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

In order to open Phuket for Tourists there will have to be a minimum 70% full Vaccination of the entire population on the Island.

And this numbers are with a vaccine having an efficiency cover rate of 70-90%

the latest studies show an efficiency cover rate of 50% for the Sinovac, which is 

so far mainly the vaccine used in Thailand

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

And this numbers are with a vaccine having an efficiency cover rate of 70-90%

the latest studies show an efficiency cover rate of 50% for the Sinovac, which is 

so far mainly the vaccine used in Thailand

NO

Sinovac is only 50 % efficient

70 % full vaccination is required to achieve a Herd Immunity.

1 hour ago, boogiewoogie said:

Easy as 1-2-3

Matches some peoples IQ level

22 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

NO

Sinovac is only 50 % efficient

70 % full vaccination is required to achieve a Herd Immunity.

Yes that's exactly what i was writing about the Sinovac

About the famous herd immunity, afaik so far there is no any country

in the world having rushing this point, Even Israel, one of the countries

with the highest rate of vaccination, is very far from the 70%

And the new strains are still the big question

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yes that's exactly what i was writing about the Sinovac

About the famous herd immunity, afaik so far there is no any country

in the world having rushing this point, Even Israel, one of the countries

with the highest rate of vaccination, is very far from the 70%

And the new strains are still the big question

Misunderstood you in your post.

And as far as some of the newer Variants such as " Brazilian " , " South African " and the new baddy they say is coming out of India, if Thailand becomes infected with those, then they are done for , as they seem to be unable to cope with the One Variant that has been located in the Country so far

• Like 2

In simple terms I want foreigners money or I am beholden to all my rich friends who own Phuket tourist hotels and I don't care about old people.  In fact it will leave more money in the pot to divy up if we don't need to pay so many old age pensions. 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

They reported that domestic tourism - even four million Thais visiting - was not enough to keep the island's economy rosy and everyone wanted to see foreign tourists back there as soon as possible.

@sandyf oh no! I guess they think the Thai Domestic Tourism is not enough.