Surat Thani: First case of person fined for not wearing a mask outside - but it's not 20K

webfact

4pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that the court in Surat Thani in the south of Thailand said that someone had been fined 4,000 baht for not wearing a mask outside their home.

This was reduced to just 2,000 baht on admission of the offence.

Earlier the provincial governor had threatened fines of 20,000 baht. The media did not explain the discrepancy. 

The nationality of the person or their name was not revealed. Yesterday Manager reported that foreigners were not wearing masks to the Mae Nam market on Koh Samui that is in Surat Thani. 

Meanwhile around 300 turned up for testing at the Surat Thani Technical college - most of whom had been at one or more of eight entertainment venues in Muang District where there have been clusters of Covid-19.

Of these 41 new cases were discovered bringing the total in the province to 273 of which 265 remain in hospitals. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-22

5 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Well, what i often see is people wearing masks when riding their motorbikes, but not wearing a helmet. lol

My GF one of them, can't fix stupid Thai lagic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deli said:

My GF one of them, can't fix stupid Thai lagic

Yep , mine went off to work yesterday on her Smash. I said  " Have you got everything ? " she looked in her bag waved her mask and said yes . I said I was thinking more of her crash hat.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, apetryxx said:

Practically every study one reads says that wearing a mask outdoors is totally unnecessary and a useless exercise. As noted above, clueless folks zooming around on motorbikes with masks and no helmets is a laughable practice.

Exactly...  ????

5 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

????????????

I know it's totally mental isn't it! 

Wouldn’t it be great if us expatriates could wake up one morning and understand Thai Logic. Perhaps someone should write a Beginners Guide.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Yep , mine went off to work yesterday on her Smash. I said  " Have you got everything ? " she looked in her bag waved her mask and said yes . I said I was thinking more of her crash hat.

What she was trying to tell you was helmet is safe and sound under seat ????

16 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I was going to say walking around wearing a condom when not needed but I thought that was just too nasty ti write.

Don't worry, it's all good, we've all done it ????... just make sure you put on a pair of pants or might get arrested lol

7 hours ago, Wavel said:

Wouldn’t it be great if us expatriates could wake up one morning and understand Thai Logic. Perhaps someone should write a Beginners Guide.

I don't  know if you've experienced this here , but when you try to explain something that takes more than just one sentence to get your point across with some form of logic, they turn around and say  "You think too much"  Or after explaining, they just give you a blank stare of confusion as if it  didn't sink in?
After  this point you just think, what a waste of time and energy even trying to explain.... ???? lol  ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

I don't  know if you've experienced this here , but when you try to explain something that takes more than just one sentence to get your point across with some form of logic, they turn around and say  "You think too much"  Or after explaining, they just give you a blank stare of confusion as if it  didn't sink in?
After  this point you just think, what a waste of time and energy even trying to explain.... ???? lol  ????

The other reply I get is '' You speak to mut'' Or sometimes '' Me not scuupid" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Wavel said:

If we could ever get a thai to explain it....you no understand!!!....you not thai people!.....

On 4/22/2021 at 12:06 PM, Kaopad999 said:

Well, what i often see is people wearing masks when riding their motorbikes, but not wearing a helmet. lol

see your point in not wearing one on the bike  ref covid  i wear one in town in traffic  nothing worse than being behind an old pick up spewing <deleted> into your face ..when im out in the sticks it comes off

1 minute ago, Harveyboy said:

see your point in not wearing one on the bike  ref covid  i wear one in town in traffic  nothing worse than being behind an old pick up spewing <deleted> into your face ..when im out in the sticks it comes off

yeah, wearing a mask can help in traffic, but not those crappy surgical ones they nearly all use. i think you'd have to use those n95 masks to make a difference.