Prices of new condos in Bangkok continue to fall, sales down nationwide

webfact

bkk.jpg

FIle photo

Wichai Wiratkaphan, a real estate analyst with the Government Housing Bank, told Daily News that the price of new condominiums in Bangkok and the surrounding areas continues to fall.

Wichai said that a data index showed that compared to the first quarter last year prices had fallen 0.8%.

In the city area it was down 0.9% but only 0.2% in the suburbs. 

7pm.jpg

GRaphic: Daily News

There was encouraging news nationwide in one area of condo purchase, however, the under 3 million baht market.

The data showed that government stimulus measures were effective in keeping the reduction of purchases is this sector to 1.5%.

Taken as a whole the purchase of all new condos nationwide was down 8.5%. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-22

Reality (things are not getting or going to get better in the near term) is finally starting to set in. I'm going to consider buying since the prices are only going to continue to fall. I am thinking around the first quarter of the end of the next high season. 

• Like 1

Prices are "slashed 50%" only on the least desirable units. The small ones, those near the road or the garbage dumpsters. Everything else is pretty much full price. And as for used condos, Thais don't seem to want to lower their prices thinking that 'someday' someone is going to come along and pay their massively inflated price. Or they might advertise a slightly lower price and when a farang comes along it magically goes up because we all know that farangs are rich and can afford to pay more.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, SeaMike01 said:

Prices are "slashed 50%" only on the least desirable units. The small ones, those near the road or the garbage dumpsters. Everything else is pretty much full price. And as for used condos, Thais don't seem to want to lower their prices thinking that 'someday' someone is going to come along and pay their massively inflated price. Or they might advertise a slightly lower price and when a farang comes along it magically goes up because we all know that farangs are rich and can afford to pay more.

Thanks good to know. I have not done my due diligence yet. Makes sense though... all those cheap units that cannot be unloaded now. The more "desirable" units are owned by those that can afford to just hold onto them, rent them out for cheap until we get back to "normal"? As I said in my original post, reality is starting to set in, give it about one more year and the more desirable units will start to down as well... Or not, because all of our lives are back to normal?

2 hours ago, SeaMike01 said:

A fair assessment.  This reflects my experience when dealing with Thai’s on real estate.  Getting to a price is like putting your finger on mercury ... unless they are in deep doo doo then things progress quite smoothly.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Taken as a whole the purchase of all new condos nationwide was down 8.5%.

So I guess Thais are mostly buying 91.5%?

I would say it is down 80%.

No one is buying much of anything in this inflated, false, over priced non transparent real estate market.

Fools gold probably better to invest in Bitcoin..

Edited by bkk6060