Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

 #JusticeForPonzu: Thai netizens support compatriot in US whose cat was killed in park attack


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

It's not just people. Eventually that girl probably would have had her pets attacked by someone's dog. She's living in fantasy land if she thinks its safe to bring those animals down the streets. It's almost pet abuse.

 

In Thailand, now we have a horde of mostly young 'woke' Thai people who think that all the problems in America are so bad and racism is everywhere and they want people in the US to change. None of them look at the problems here and the abuse of animals and xenophobia.

I must say I have always been saddened at the appalling way so many Thais treat animals in a supposedly Buddhist country.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chilli42 said:

Right, lesson learned.  Net time I am in the US I will be sure to keep my dog locked up indoors.  It’s completely insane to take your dog or cat for a walk in the park in the US and not expect trouble (he said dripping with sarcasm).

 

Get some more pets before you do. I usually bring my fish too and put them on the bench while I walk my alligator and cat. I guess she used to have another cat she took along too in the past. Not sure where that went. The more the merrier I say.

Animals.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

I must say I have always been saddened at the appalling way so many Thais treat animals in a supposedly Buddhist country.

That's the problem with what's going on these days in my view. Young Thais are reacting to these hashtags in far away countries while ignoring the realities right in their own country. I guess this is the group that was following the protests against Prayuth and since social media and the streets are now quiet, they've focused on the other hashtags out there which mostly come from the US or China.  This story about the animals got its attention through the hashtag #StopAsianHateCrimes. In my view this isn't a story about racism as far as I can see. Were any racist words actually passed? So what is that all about? It's just another story of violence in America in my view

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, John Drake said:

No source story in English but yes it must be in the US. There isn't a person in the picture who couldn't stand to lose 20 or 30 lbs.

including the cat, which apparently had a heart problem....

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

 

Get some more pets before you do. I usually bring my fish too and put them on the bench while I walk my alligator and cat. I guess she used to have another cat she took along too in the past. Not sure where that went. The more the merrier I say.

Animals.jpg

I agree with other posters, she does look hot.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

That's the problem with what's going on these days in my view. Young Thais are reacting to these hashtags in far away countries while ignoring the realities right in their own country. I guess this is the group that was following the protests against Prayuth and since social media and the streets are now quiet, they've focused on the other hashtags out there which mostly come from the US or China.  This story about the animals got its attention through the hashtag #StopAsianHateCrimes. In my view this isn't a story about racism as far as I can see. Were any racist words actually passed? So what is that all about? It's just another story of violence in America in my view

I tend to agree with you, this likely was just senseless gratuitous aggression. I have lived in Thailand for over 30 years and have a large circle of well educated Thai adults.  Without exception they are now terrified of the notion to visit the US.  This has ext need to education where several have brought their kid’s home from university.  I know, it’s an over reaction (at least I believe it is).    However, it’s perception and optics that drive peoples thinking and action.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...