How Important is Music in your Life?

Pilotman

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

And personally, I think you are delusional to put such a powerful and expensive audio system in an estate car if you are NOT going to spend extended periods of time sitting in the vehicle playing at ANY volume. 

Where did you put the 4 x 12 inch speakers please?

My last vehicle back home had 12 15" subwoofers.

Do you know the body style of a wagon or estate.... they have a load carrying area within the cabin behind the rear seat, thats were you put 4 subwoofers.

1 minute ago, bobbin said:

Not delusional..

Bit of sleight of hand in your answer though.. Thought we were talking about half-volume.. You just substituted "half-volume" with "maximum"

sometimes it is 1/4 volume, sometimes it is 1/2 volume, some times it is full volume, sometimes it is no volume.

not sure what point you are trying to make.

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I play it at a level Iam comfortable with.

You are delusional if you think I spent extended periods of time sitting in the vehicle playing at maximum volume.

Not delusional..

Bit of sleight of hand in your answer though.. Thought we were talking about half-volume.. You just substituted "half-volume" with "maximum"

4 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Do you know the body style of a wagon or estate.... they have a load carrying area within the cabin behind the rear seat, thats were you put 4 subwoofers.

Really. Sorry I have never seen an estate car or wagon before, so that's what I was confused with.

Edited by KannikaP

33 minutes ago, covidiot said:

AC/DC had a song called "Rock'n Roll Ain't Noise Pollution".

I think they were being sarcastic when they wrote that song.

Most Heavy Rock/Metal IS precisely that.

Your point is?Every one can have a different taste in music,so what!

Maybe what you like i would call noise pollution.

I do not really care what any one thinks of the music i listen to,as long as i enjoy it.

You should try that,makes life more easy.

Edited by jvs
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, rumak said:

Nice moves there KC  !    I think this song in Pattaya is called the BGA  (bar girl anthem)

No that song would be called ‘ Easy Lover’

Saw you comin ????

11 hours ago, DaLa said:

I can live without it.  For about 2 hours, then  muscle memory takes over.

D42B8F55-94C0-48CC-BDCA-8F37D1A39B84_1_105_c.jpeg

F79C52DE-D89C-4B93-867E-6AEAE65E8A06_1_105_c.jpeg

2247857F-B3A8-4DA7-9155-7DC0BFC353FC_1_105_c.jpeg

hey Mr Tamborine man play a ..................  ooops ,  wrong instrument.    nice collection

21 hours ago, bobbin said:

Just thinking of my home theatre set-up of 20 years ago.. $10K invested.. sold off piece-meal for about $500..

Luxman 5.1 Receiver 100 watts RMS per channel. 2 10 inch subs run parallel,  5 Paradigm (highly regarded Canadian brand designed with government research assistance) speakers each with dedicated amps..

That set-up would rock a 2000 square foot bungalow at half volume. Could only do that occasionally or the neighbours would have been outside my door with torches and pitchforks.. Loud.. I wouldn't have heard them knocking.

And you are running an equally (if not more) powerful set-up in an automobile.. Sound pressure to the max.

Like I said Ralf001.. enjoy while you can.. still hear.  Not trying to rain on your parade.. just a heads-up.

If you'd ever been to a Bkk motor show you might have seen the "club" that displays their cars with stereo set ups. Some consume so much power that they have to plug them into the mains.

I used to enjoy the local night market when they parked pickups with massive sound systems, and coyotes danced on them for our entertainment. They were pretty loud.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, covidiot said:

AC/DC had a song called "Rock'n Roll Ain't Noise Pollution".

I think they were being sarcastic when they wrote that song.

Most Heavy Rock/Metal IS precisely that.

To be pedantic, Rock and Roll isn't Heavy Metal etc. It's what Chuck Berry sang and we can do rock and roll dancing to it.

• Like 1

Yeah, AC/DC is more heavy metal than rock n' roll. 

I just noticed that there is another thread on this forum about depression. I think music (some music) can be used to elevate one's mood and get out of depression. 

People should use music more to shift their mental state and pop fewer pills.

Edited by covidiot
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, covidiot said:

I just noticed that there is another thread on this forum about depression. I think music (some music) can be used to elevate one's mood and get out of depression. 

6FF5A448-476A-4696-B910-C06A997BE378.jpeg

11 hours ago, covidiot said:

Yes, music can lift one's mood, but the problem is it doesn't last long after the music stops.

On 4/29/2021 at 7:51 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

If you'd ever been to a Bkk motor show you might have seen the "club" that displays their cars with stereo set ups. Some consume so much power that they have to plug them into the mains.

They plug into the mains power to run a battery charger because they are not allowed to run their engines to charge the batteries.

• Like 1