Thailand reports 1,470 coronavirus cases, daily record 7 deaths

webfact

3 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

This seems to show a positivity rate of very close to 10%. That seems pretty high to me and cause for concern.

Its certainly high and cause for concern, not as high as some countries where the virus is ravaging them but then we also don't want it higher. Lets hope it starts to decrease.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

This seems to show a positivity rate of very close to 10%. That seems pretty high to me and cause for concern.

It's showing a serious outbreak, but there is some small comfort that the positivity rate is not trending upwards over the past few days. 

• Like 2

If people here think the Thai authorities are fudging or manipulating or lying about (all) the figures, which accounts do you choose to believe or not?

Me. I read them every day like everyone else.

I don't know whether they are true or not and I doubt anyone else does.

Do they have two filing cabinets - one for the truth and one for public consumption?

So I think to myself - I don't know and I am certainly very unlikely ever to know.

Therefore I will try not to be so affected by it all!

Edited by ChrisKC
added comment
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

7 Deaths, RIP and my condolences to your families.  Maybe the Government will send officials to represent them at the funeral pyre, and express their sympathies, by paying respects and then paying for the needs of the families that they allowed the loved one to be removed from by not listening to the doctors and allowing travel over Songkran.  Malfeasance at its best. 

A bit delusion are we as don't think anyone put a gun to their head and made them travel over Songkran. People knew the risk traveling but choose to ignore it and this is the reality that comes out of it. 

• Confused 1

Some people in my condo building tested positive and have been waiting for the hospital to come pick them up. It has been several days now. They are currently isolating at home in the building and the security guards are delivering food. I live in Bangkok near Prakanong BTS. Not sure where they caught it but it seems like they got it during Songkran. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, nightfox said:

A bit delusion are we as don't think anyone put a gun to their head and made them travel over Songkran. People knew the risk traveling but choose to ignore it and this is the reality that comes out of it. 

The officials actively encouraged travel stating how important it was to be with your families over Songkran. The people followed the governments advice believing it would be safe to do so, what the heck has guns got to do with it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Of the new cases, 1,370 were local transmissions, while 100 were imported from people entering quarantine. 

According to BP report this is incorrect. 1,70 at hospitals and 100 from mass testing. If this is correct only 100 from mass testing one wonders what number of mass testing is taking place. 

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Boedog said:

Why is it a requirement to have a fit to fly cert then arrive in Thailand with COVID, you can't teach STUPID

It is not (anymore). Flew in on the 11th without a fit-to-fly cert. The requirement was scrapped from the 1st April.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Well, they are in good shape in terms of the vaccine roll out, but look  the amount of covid deaths in the UK and USA

UK 127,000 deaths ( similar population to the Thailand ) 

USA 596,000 deaths

Compare those figures to Thailand  = 110 deaths 

So, yeah those countries needed to be prioritized given the sheer number of cases and deaths. 

You REALLY think Thailand have only 110 deaths! "Clearly" all can believe in Thailand coverments numbers! ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I question high cholesterol as being a risk factor and related to the deaths.  No Doctor, but how does that affect a lung disease?

If true, a majority of the older ex-pats who otherwise maybe generally be healthy probably have this risk factor.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

According to BP report this is incorrect. 1,70 at hospitals and 100 from mass testing. If this is correct only 100 from mass testing one wonders what number of mass testing is taking place. 

Depends on your definition of mass. One is: relating to, done by, or affecting large numbers of people or things.

Another is: It's just a number we like to make you think is big when in relative terms it is small.

17 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

You REALLY think Thailand have only 110 deaths! "Clearly" all can believe in Thailand coverments numbers! ????

Even if it's more, there is no way it's even close to the UK with 127,000 deaths. So my points is still valid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1