Thailand reports 1,470 coronavirus cases, daily record 7 deaths

webfact

If vaccines are this good for the weakest, eldest and otherwise most vulnerable then they are amazingly effective. Much better than the trials predicted. Just hope there are no long term, as yet unknown, side effects but I think we would see some signs of them by now. 

An almost insignificant number of blood clots, which may have been caused by covid (which is known to cause clots), are no reason to stop the vaccine rollout. I wonder how many people the likes of Macron and Merkel etc. have killed with their stupid comments and vaccine restrictions.

Edited by onthedarkside
reply to hidden post removed
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

that's not true.  They've tested upwards of 10,000 a day at times.  Like the last wave from the seafood factories.

Not sure about that. 5000 maybe they just said they were going to do 10,000. Don't think it happened and of course it was in a relitively small area.  As for vaccines being highly reliable it is surely to early to tell. 

4 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

For me, the most important statistic here is the 7 new deaths. R.I.P  The sad reality of consistently finding more and more Covid infections every day. ????  

Well, fine and dandy but was there comorbidity, never reported unless forced to.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Tests and Positive cases following the expected pattern, the more you test the more you will find

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/situation.php

tests april.png

Those tests will also include repeat tests on the same patient. Hence the positivity rate cannont be calculated. There will also be lags between the day the test is done, and the day of the result. No conclusions can be made from that graph. 

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Thailand now number 2 (behind papua New Guinea) with 550% rise in weekly deaths.

Does not bode well for those holiday brochures. 

TAT:

Come to Thailand, enjoy the Covid and your ventilator while having a view of the Ocean and beach

• Haha 2

For me, the most important statistic here is the 7 new deaths. R.I.P  The sad reality of consistently finding more and more Covid infections every day. ????  

How wrong can you be, with 7 ++ deaths EVERYDAY on the roadways why are they so fixated on 117 over more than a year form CV-19, especially with no real vaccine efforts.  Something seem off kilter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bougnat said:

one death every 20 mn on  motorcycle. There is still room before we panic...

I think this is what many people in the UK and USA were saying but comparing it to flue instead. This is the start, just look at the UK figures when the 2nd wave took off with the same UK variant even with a lockdown. Thailand needs to have a severe lockdown now until vaccine rollout is well underway. Don't go by the recorded infections - look at the daily death rate and multiply that by 1000 to give you an idea of how bad it was 2 weeks ago. Then looking at the rate it increased daily over the last 7 days you will realize how much worse it is now. Then you have to factor in - are they reporting every death caused by covid?

"There is still room before we panic..." - Panic won't help but it is too late to be complacent as it will take real effort to slow it down now but those in charge are immune so don't care now.

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

I see we're being drip fed the bare minimum of information at the moment.

Where are these cases?

No breakdown by province?

In Cambodia, such information is published, usually on a daily basis, and I quote (April 22):-

The Ministry of Health today confirmed it has detected 446 new cases of COVID-19 in Cambodia.

In Phnom Penh alone, the health authorities have found 331 new cases, comprising  329 Cambodians, 1 Chinese and 1 Indonesian.

Sihanoukville is second on today’s list, with 82 new cases detected in the coastal city.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50843428/cambodias-covid-19-tally-passed-8000-as-446-new-cases-death-toll-rises-to-59/

In Thailand, maybe TAT censures such information?????

Edited by metisdead
14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

Well, fine and dandy but was there comorbidity, never reported unless forced to.

I would also like to see the comorbidities of asymptomatics carriers and those with mild symptoms. I don't believe 99% of the Thai population is fit and healthy. Which it isn't. 

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

7 Deaths, RIP and my condolences to your families.  Maybe the Government will send officials to represent them at the funeral pyre, and express their sympathies, by paying respects and then paying for the needs of the families that they allowed the loved one to be removed from by not listening to the doctors and allowing travel over Songkran.  Malfeasance at its best. 

Everyone was free to make their own decision about whether to travel or not during Songkran. It wasn't obligatory. Some members of my family decided against it. And I wouldn't put too much faith in people travelling because they were told by the government it was safe. I doubt many believe a word their loathed (from the people that I know, anyway) government says.

15 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Not sure about that. 5000 maybe they just said they were going to do 10,000. Don't think it happened and of course it was in a relitively small area.  As for vaccines being highly reliable it is surely to early to tell. 

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/3114719/thailand-test-thousands-covid-19-after-outbreak-shrimp

He said up to 40,000 people would be tested in Samut Sakhon and nearby provinces, with more than 10,000 tests to be conducted by Wednesday.

this was posted early Tuesday morning.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30397474

Currently, 236 Covid-19 laboratories nationwide are checking more than 20,000 samples per day – 10,000 daily in Bangkok alone.

Just now, Kaopad999 said:

Well, they are in good shape in terms of the vaccine roll out, but look  the amount of covid deaths in the UK and USA

UK 127,000 deaths ( similar population to the Thailand ) 

USA 596,000 deaths

Compare those figures to Thailand  = 110 deaths 

So, yeah those countries needed to be prioritized given the sheer number of cases and deaths. 

You don't see anything troublesome in those numbers?

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Wasn't he saying it's nothing to worry about, it's like a flu just before he tested posive?

A politician in the making-Answer a question with a question ????

33 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Those tests will also include repeat tests on the same patient. Hence the positivity rate cannont be calculated. There will also be lags between the day the test is done, and the day of the result. No conclusions can be made from that graph. 

No these do not include all the repeat tests, thats contained in the unfiltered data from all labs here https://service.dmsc.moph.go.th/labscovid19/ scroll to bottom of page and download the excel file named:

"test data In Thailand from 1 January 2020 - 4 April 2021 (Thailand COVID-19 Testing Data) (Raw Data)"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Thailand now number 2 (behind papua New Guinea) with 550% rise in weekly deaths.

Here is the latest, as of today, regarding the % rise in weekly cases:  Thailand number 18.

"18   Thailand 10,733 [cases this week;] 6,005 [cases last week;] % rise +79% " [from Worldometer]

Edited by LarryLEB
clarity

5 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

The people are dying because the government did not get the vaccine out to the people who needed it.  They wait and wait to type to save money.  But didn't care about saving lives.

And then when they go to purchase a Vaccine, they pick the cheapest and the one from CHINA with a 50,4 % success rate. Reminder, Where do you think Covid came from? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Refering to links and quotes, the first is concerned with the previous out break at the shrimp market, some 3 months ago it more. The second refers to antibody testing, not suitable for testing for current/early/asymptomatic  infection. 

IT's incredible what 2 weeks make in this pandemic.

It was around 100 3 weeks ago, now it's 1400.  These variants spread much easier, as every doctor has been barfing out.  India today alone has 300k - today alone.  Of course there's a billion there, but you get my drift.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beano2274 said:

Here is how Thailand is currently doing in the last 7 days

image.png.f8a11f6a2a1b09e2cf39806ce2039e51.png

Well, I'm in France and the daily reported cases are still around 30,000. Perhaps far more testing? I don't know. I did have my first Pfizer jab 10 days ago with the 2nd booked for 11 May. Free as are PCR tests. All pubs, cafés and restaurants have been firmly closed since 25 October but there is talk of them being reopened mid May, outside only. Curfew at 7 pm until 6 am. Only allowed to travel a max of 10 km from home at the moment. Also talk of lifting that mid May.

1 hour ago, club said:

And then when they go to purchase a Vaccine, they pick the cheapest and the one from CHINA with a 50,4 % success rate. Reminder, Where do you think Covid came from? 

A mate of mine knows a hospital worker that was given a vaccine (I presume from China) and is suffering so badly that she is not wanting the second dose. It sounds far worse than what the AZ vaccine produces. I personally would avoid it unless it was the only choice, as in her case.

1 minute ago, chang1 said:

A mate of mine knows a hospital worker that was given a vaccine (I presume from China) and is suffering so badly that she is not wanting the second dose. It sounds far worse than what the AZ vaccine produces. I personally would avoid it unless it was the only choice, as in her case.

Hearing the same thing from my wife. Her Chinese friends in Thailand are all refusing to take sinovac (which is free for Chinese here arranged bt their embassy ). 

• Like 1