Thailand reports 1,470 coronavirus cases, daily record 7 deaths

webfact

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Trump and Johnson both said don't worry it's only the flu. Maybe with a more circumspect attitude the infection rate and death toll would be different.

What I do not understand is that they don't give patients a blood thinner before they inject the vaccine. Way more people have had side effects than we might think. 

Amazingly not many patients have died of the flu this year. Something doesn't sound right here:

Compared to the 2019-2020 flu season, for example, the CDC estimated that more than 38 million became sick with influenza, leading to 400,000 hospitalizations and 22,000 deaths. That’s slightly lower than the 2018-2019 season (34,200 deaths) and significantly less than the 2017-2018 season (61,000 deaths).

https://www.prevention.com/health/a34671428/how-many-people-die-from-flu/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Hearing the same thing from my wife. Her Chinese friends in Thailand are all refusing to take sinovac (which is free for Chinese here arranged bt their embassy ). 

I haven't seen any quality products from China yet. And that includes car parts and other stuff.

1 minute ago, Covedian21 said:

I haven't seen any quality products from China yet. And that includes car parts and other stuff.

They certainly can and do produce quality products when asked to but most companies go for cheap hence low quality.

9 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I think you'll find that those countries who have vaccinated many millions have reduced their cases to a trickle. So yes, their vaccine supplies have done those countries good, dramatically so. How many infections and deaths before the vaccine and how many after, hmm?

And, as far as I know, every country in the world was able to order vaccines at the same time. Some ordered what they needed (hoarded to you) and some - like Thailand - were very slow out of the blocks. Please do not condemn the countries that had the initiative to act quickly and get their order in. Condemn those who did not.

Yes they've reduced them after millions have died...great job...all the dead and buried are singing their praises! Thailand, and other countries have kept their deaths down all along and continuing.  It's EASY for any country to reduce/stop the dying AFTER a vaccine has been found and distributed...the HARD part is doing it BEFORE there is a vaccine.

And NO, all countries did not start at the same starting line in the race to acquire vaccine supplies...talk  Do you think there was a snowballs chance in h#ll that ANY American developed and manufactured vaccines were going to ANYONE but Americans first, even if all countries had the same financial resources to purchase them? The same goes for any European developed vaccines...the fact that individual countries (France) and the EU as a whole has tried to limit vaccine exports outside the block shows the complete fallacy of your argument.

• Sad 1

Anyone that believes they will ever get an accurate account of the COVID Cases in Thailand is dreaming.

Still many areas in Isaan, never tested for COVID at all. How many other areas?

Test kits limited, testing limiting, you would have to be crazy to think Thailand has this under control.

The gov't only reports what THEY want you to know, as to avert creating a panic or more protesting.

The Thai people are always the last consideration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Because preventative measures for Covid19 also reduce flu infections. You know, all that stuff you hate, like face masks, social distancing, etc.

You know diseases spread like wildfire among kids at school, and then they take the infections home to their parents? Well, that didn’t happen this year.

It did happen this year as well. Sick kids were sent to schools and then you get sick. 

Even the kids of doctors were sent to school, people who should know it better. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

I am sorry that, as an anti-Vaxxer, you are spreading disinformation here. Your personal choice to vaccinate is yours alone, but I don’t understand why you would choose to misinformation others.

There are 3 heavily vaccinated nations: US, UK, and Israel. All have seen dramatic drops in the number of infections.

Actually , i reside in Thailand . 

US , UK and Israel . Are of little importance .

I am more concerned  about , the County I choose to live in ..

An inflammatory post has been removed.

A post with a video from an unapproved social media site has been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

2 minutes ago, Covedian21 said:

It did happen this year as well. Sick kids were sent to schools and then you get sick. 

Just to  inform you . 

Our  Sons School , has informed us the School ,

is closed , until further notice ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elliss said:

Just to  inform you . 

Our  Sons School , has informed us the School ,

is closed , until further notice ...

My apologies not to mention that it happened before the summer break. At the end, when we did testing, there were some COVID cases, but of course kept as a secret. 

I'm not pointing fingers at anybody now. It's just the way it is. 

2 hours ago, club said:

And then when they go to purchase a Vaccine, they pick the cheapest and the one from CHINA with a 50,4 % success rate. Reminder, Where do you think Covid came from? 

Actually . 

The Chinese Vaccine , is free for Thais . 

Just testing ...555

1 hour ago, chang1 said:

If I was about to have the AZ vaccine I certainly would take an aspirin with me.

As for flue - it proves covid prevention measures work for flue as well - only to be expected.

I've reached a point where I'd rather like to go through an infection with COVID 19, than waiting for an eventually "Must be vaccinated" time per law. 

I can't believe what went wrong all around the world and China not even apologizing for something that killed millions of people and causing so many deaths and so much grief and stress around the world. 

The people who have to die alone because nobody is allowed to visit them and a lot more gives me a very hard time. 

Instead of an apology to the world, they are now selling a vaccine that is highly questionable. Absurd. 

Edited by Covedian21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Anyone that believes they will ever get an accurate account of the COVID Cases in Thailand is dreaming.

Absolutely! Thailand a land of dreams that can become nightmares.

Honesty transparency and  a deep regard for the welfare of the people is unlikely from the group of leeches who seized power by force and retain it by similar methods.

Many things we all love about Thailand but i doubt this sham of a government is one of them.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Covedian21 said:

Except that in the USA many schools were closed for long periods, so kids didn’t catch the flu at school. Resulting in far few infections.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Well, they are in good shape in terms of the vaccine roll out, but look  the amount of covid deaths in the UK and USA

UK 127,000 deaths ( similar population to the Thailand ) 

USA 596,000 deaths

Compare those figures to Thailand  = 110 deaths 

So, yeah those countries needed to be prioritized given the sheer number of cases and deaths. 

yes agree but the true figures from those countries if you think figures given by Thailand are....Please sit down and take a deep breath...we will never know   

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Of the new cases, 1,370 were local transmissions, while 100 were imported from people entering quarantine. 

Wait.  There are more than 100 people entering quarantine daily??  

I don't know what to say after reading that Thailand and Russia have made a deal to receive vaccine from Russia.

Well, actually, I'm speechless. 

Three hours ago: UPDATE 1-Thailand says Russia agrees to supply Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/1-thailand-says-russia-agrees-114021178.html

Panarat Thepgumpanat

Thu, 22 April 2021, 7:40 pm·2-min read

By Panarat Thepgumpanat

BANGKOK, April 22 (Reuters) - Russia has accepted a request to provide Thailand with its Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine, a Thai official said on Thursday, as the Southeast Asian nation steps up efforts to find more vaccines ahead of its mass immunisation drive.

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has promised to find 35 million more doses of COVID-19 vaccines from different companies on top of existing orders of around 65 million doses, while the country battles its fastest-spreading outbreak yet.

"President Vladimir Putin has expressed his support for the Thai government on this matter," government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri said.

Edited by metisdead
14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I question high cholesterol as being a risk factor and related to the deaths.  No Doctor, but how does that affect a lung disease?

If true, a majority of the older ex-pats who otherwise maybe generally be healthy probably have this risk factor.

I wonder what % of the world population doesn't have an underlying disease. Why do they have to keep saying this person and that person had this or that underlying disease. They died of covid. Someone a few days back who died they tell us had allergies and lund disease. Hayfever and asthma maybe. Why is this news? Why do we need to know this? If for the statisics.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I wonder what % of the world population doesn't have an underlying disease. Why do they have to keep saying this person and that person had this or that underlying disease. They died of covid. Someone a few days back who died they tell us had allergies and lund disease. Hayfever and asthma maybe. Why is this news? Why do we need to know this? If for the statisics.

So the Branch Covidians can say they died with Covid, not from Covid. 

Same as if an axe murderer went into a hospital and killed people bedridden with chronic diseases, they will have died with an axe wound, not from an axe wound. Because.... Co-morbities. 

• Haha 1