Thailand reports 1,470 coronavirus cases, daily record 7 deaths

webfact

These daily figures Thailand are releasing are completely false and manufactured (most likely because the govt don't want to be blamed for telling the public to go and enjoy songkran without restrictions). The hospitals are turning people away for testing, there are people on tv saying they been waiting for days to go into isolation... and yet averaging 1500 a day across the nation. Do me  a favour! Triple it and then maybe double it and you might be closer to the truth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

This seems relevant today. The Indian system is collapsing because of covid, deaths are being hugely under reported, but India are mass testing. Thailands numbers do not add up, they cannot hide deaths as easily as case numbers

If the variant going around Thailand is as bad as the Indian one, then Thailand must take action now. 

covidDeaths.png

Not going to happen, but it would be interesting to compare the number of deaths due to pneumonia before and after Covid.... bet you that would tell a similar story to the Indian graph.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

I said from the very beginning of this outbreak that the daily case numbers would top out at 1,000 per day as that was their testing capacity limit...I may if got the number wrong by 50% but the theory was correct...the numbers will never go higher than this and will stay the same no matter how bad the outbreak really is in reality...no one will ever know the true extent simply because they do not have the resources or desire to test any more people.

I wonder what the influenza /pneumonia death rate is. 

This is Thailand's third wave.

the country has been "lucky" in that it has had very low infection rates, but itt seems that foreigners living in Thailand have become very complacent because of this.  They don't seem to realise that the disease is increasing on a global scale and countries like India are becoming a potential world time bomb.

Thailand needs to keep its guard up - premature relaxation of restrictions and an influx of foreigners could totally turn round the situation Thauand t

with a massive third wave.

Vaccination is NOT the solution at present - lockdown restrictions are the only protection and that will remain so until Thailand's vaccination tops 70% of the population....there's a long way to go on that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blumpie said:

IT's incredible what 2 weeks make in this pandemic.

It was around 100 3 weeks ago, now it's 1400.  These variants spread much easier, as every doctor has been barfing out.  India today alone has 300k - today alone.  Of course there's a billion there, but you get my drift.  

The U.S. had one day in early January where over 300K cases were reported.  Now it's around 70K daily.

It will be interesting to watch the numbers now that the vaccination percentages are increasing quickly.  U.S. CDC figures:

image.png.ce13d0df2ee137f4cb9f0804508000f4.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, greenmonkey said:

These daily figures Thailand are releasing are completely false and manufactured (most likely because the govt don't want to be blamed for telling the public to go and enjoy songkran without restrictions). The hospitals are turning people away for testing, there are people on tv saying they been waiting for days to go into isolation... and yet averaging 1500 a day across the nation. Do me  a favour! Triple it and then maybe double it and you might be closer to the truth.

What you are saying is that the numbers are real, but they reflect limited testing. 

As far as hospitals, are you suggesting that they are turning away patients because they are full, or too incompetent to deal with this disaster? 

15 hours ago, dinsdale said:

New South Wales has a few positives in quarantine. Heard it said today that daily testing of the populice is quite low at the moment. 6000 a day but they want it back up to >13,000. Population of New South Wales just over 8 million. Relate tests per population and even at the low standard of 6000 tests per day equates at a guess to around 42,000 tests a day in Thailand. Around 1.2-1.3 million a month. So far just over 8,000,000 since the beginning. Australia 16,000,000, UK 146,000,000 and USA 433,000,000. To see one must first look.

If you can believe those Thai figures - total tests increased to 8,124,896 on 3rd of April - no change in 17 days. Previous change was 28 Mar 8,074,112 and prior to that 15 Mar 1.600,951 and previous to that 18 Dec'20 1,217,873 and then 2 months earlier 14 Oct'20 977,854 and that comes from the worldOmeters site, updated daily or as provided. As you say Thailand is 69.9m 11% tested on current figures; whilst Australia is 25.5m 64% tested.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Covedian21 said:

It did happen this year as well. Sick kids were sent to schools and then you get sick. 

Even the kids of doctors were sent to school, people who should know it better. 

Perhaps you have not been keeping up on current events, but schools all over the world have been closed for lengthy stretches of time. 

It seems that you are trying to make the case that Covid-19 is really influenza, because you think you are smarter than virologists. Don't expect anyone to believe you. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Well, I'm in France and the daily reported cases are still around 30,000. Perhaps far more testing? I don't know. I did have my first Pfizer jab 10 days ago with the 2nd booked for 11 May. Free as are PCR tests. All pubs, cafés and restaurants have been firmly closed since 25 October but there is talk of them being reopened mid May, outside only. Curfew at 7 pm until 6 am. Only allowed to travel a max of 10 km from home at the moment. Also talk of lifting that mid May.

Even Japan is having 5k new cases a day (without a Songkran) and talking about lockdowns in Tokyo and Osaka; and here at T-V, many are in full panic mode with 1400.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

interesting to see the deaths figure

i guess this time around they weren't in a position to hide the numbers like the first and second waves

expect more today

The figures have always been published...or did you think it went from zero to 117 in one day?

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The figures have always been published...or did you think it went from zero to 117 in one day?

i'm referring to the treatment centers they've now setup this time round, if someone is sick and dies in one of these, there's no way of hiding the fact that the death was covid related

10 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

i'm referring to the treatment centers they've now setup this time round, if someone is sick and dies in one of these, there's no way of hiding the fact that the death was covid related

They've always put people in "treatment centers," e.g., hospitals or now isolation centers, and have never hidden any deaths. Do you have any sources you can cite stating otherwise (besides anonymous posts on T-V)?

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

They've always put people in "treatment centers," e.g., hospitals or now isolation centers, and have never hidden any deaths. Do you have any sources you can cite stating otherwise (besides anonymous posts on T-V)?

no, just assuming the worst

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, chang1 said:

A mate of mine knows a hospital worker that was given a vaccine (I presume from China) and is suffering so badly that she is not wanting the second dose. It sounds far worse than what the AZ vaccine produces. I personally would avoid it unless it was the only choice, as in her case.

Everyone reacts differently to the jabs.  Some experience NO side effects, others get hit hard.  In the end, these jabs are the only way for us to defeat this enemy.  Roll your sleeve up! LOL

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Covedian21 said:

What I do not understand is that they don't give patients a blood thinner before they inject the vaccine. Way more people have had side effects than we might think. 

Amazingly not many patients have died of the flu this year. Something doesn't sound right here:

Compared to the 2019-2020 flu season, for example, the CDC estimated that more than 38 million became sick with influenza, leading to 400,000 hospitalizations and 22,000 deaths. That’s slightly lower than the 2018-2019 season (34,200 deaths) and significantly less than the 2017-2018 season (61,000 deaths).

https://www.prevention.com/health/a34671428/how-many-people-die-from-flu/

They aren't 100% sure, but seems rare to have CV19 and the flu at the same time.  And because of global lockdowns, and lots of CV19 cases, there wasn't much of a flu season.

https://patient.info/news-and-features/what-happens-if-you-catch-flu-and-covid-19-at-the-same-time

While it's quite rare, it is still possible to catch two respiratory viruses at once, Dr Lambkin-Williams says.

5 minutes ago, loong said:

Why would the UK apologise for being the first to identify the strain? Just because the UK identified it, does not mean that it originated in the UK.

There are thousands of mutations now.  A double mutation now in India.  The one discovered in Brazil.  One in New York.  One in California.  Etc, etc, etc.

This is what's scaring people.  Mutations that can evade the vaccines.  Or, become deadlier.

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not good news.............

BREAKING: Thai health officials reporting 2,070 new cases and four more deaths. There are 19,873 people in care: 15,642 in hospitals & 4,231 in field hospitals. There are now 352 people in a serious condition & 91 on ventilators

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1385409044689547264

Screenshot_20210423-090212_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1